Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tonyandrewgiles
My hat is off to the folk at Mondo for releasing this.

An absolute must (IMO)

Well done guys.
By NathanLurker
I liked the samples that mondo posted on soundcloud very much, it's probably gonna be a long while before I can spin the actual complete record though, I ordered Gravity at the same time :(
By tonyandrewgiles
@nathan - ahhhh man are they only shipping them together?

Maybe ask if they'll ship it sooner?

It really is one killer soundtrack.
By ghostfires
Anyone have an extra color variant they'd be willing to sell or trade? I wound up with a black, and I actually love this album and truly was excited by the color variant...so I'd like to track it down this time. If anyone has one, let me know if you want to sell or trade for something. I'm not at home at the moment, so I'm not quite sure what all extras I do have, but I can update you with a list if you have a color variant and want to notify me. Thanks!!
By unpopular_poet
ghost -- I just ordered it a couple days ago -- if I get a variant I will let you know. I basically ordered it to occasionally listen to it, so I will let you know, in 12 weeks when I get my copy ;)
By ghostfires
Haha yes who knows when you'll get it! If you get a variant and want to trade for a black, I could do that. Or whatever else I might have that you'd want. Thank you very much for offering too, I really appreciate it!
By legnadibrom
Anyone notice track 10 is not listed on the vinyl label?
By Darren LD1984
My copy arrived today and it's an orangey one! Sounds and looks amazing. I have to say, I am completely obsessed with this film and score.
By stumpybunker
Absolutely love this release. Lucky enough to get a variant, it's very beautiful. The whole package is amazing, and the music is just one of the best soundtracks.
By Bub
[quote=21161]Anyone notice track 10 is not listed on the vinyl label?[/quote]

Track 10 is listed on my copy & I have the orange burst as well. Very odd.
By Hardrain02
does anyone know if there is an easily available UK DVD or Blu-ray edition of the movie I can get hold of? Both the options on amazon state being region 1 releases. In one of the reviews they say the DVD version is region 0 however I don't want to risk the cash if this isn't the case.
By Bub
[quote=22946]does anyone know if there is an easily available UK DVD or Blu-ray edition of the movie I can get hold of? Both the options on amazon state being region 1 releases. In one of the reviews they say the DVD version is region 0 however I don’t want to risk the cash if this isn’t the case. [/quote]

Coming soon from Arrow Video.

Link
By Hardrain02
awesome, cheers @Bub
By Bub
You got it buddy ;)
By NathanLurker
interesting. I'll check that Arrow Video company's website tonight after work, thanks bub.

There's a lot of people with the colored visitor, that's nice ! I don't mind having the black edition because it would go well visually with the cover colors but the colored vinyl is a beauty
By tonyandrewgiles
Thanks for posting that up @Bub, I'm sure I remember seeing that somewhere but totally forgot!

Going on the wants list for sure :)
By liftman2013
I received both Coraline and The Visitor Vinyl's yesterday in the post. I think either Mondo have a black colour only pile for the UK, or its just me - as neither versions were variants. Ok I can live with that, I'm in it for the music as well, but this now makes 6 (practically every Vinyl I've ordered from Mondo direct) as the black colour.

My list is : Halloween, Timecrimes, Here Comes the Devil, Coraline, The Visitor, and The Omen, every single one a black copy!
By tonyandrewgiles
All of mine have been black as well @liftman then my wife ordered The Visitor and she got a variant. They do ship them to the UK, I really do just think it's a crap shoot.
By liftman2013
Agreed Tony. I have many great variant colours, so a run of black isn't going to kill me, its life with Mondo - the gamble does make it fun, but like gambling, opening it up really does leave you feeling with the double or nothing feeling lol

I think that black does go with a fair no. of the releases for their dark moods anyway. However, I have to say, due to it being a more family orientated film and the variant is cool, Im really going to be disappointed if I don't get the variant for JP. Surely on try 7 I should be in with a good chance???
By Pitch
What's the best way of buying this in the UK? Are there any stockists? Or is it US (import) only? Love the clips I've heard - so would like to grab a copy.
By stumpybunker
I bit the bullet and ordered mine direct from Mondo from the UK. Expensive, but worth the gamble for the variant, which paid off. Didn't get a variant of Blue Sunshine though. You pays yer money......

I have noticed amazon uk have preorders up for some Mondo release, Coraline and the omen, so they may do this with the others?
By milliondollars
i am sure Amazon will have all the recent and future Mondos.

the Visitor is up for pre-order on Amazon in germany now...
By Darren LD1984
VHS is definitely the way to watch The Visitor!

I wasn't expecting the tape to work on my old VHS player, being that it's NTSC and I'm in Ireland but it does and looks amazing.

It's like a trip back in time to an 80s video shop, renting films you're not supposed to and having no idea what they're about! Except that I'm in my 30s now and my folks let me watch whatever I want!

By ghostfires
I just have to say - this has become by far my most favorite Mondo released soundtrack to date. I cannot stop listening to this record, the music is just perfect all the way through. The artwork fits perfectly, the records sound great...I just wish I could come across a variant! No matter though, the music makes this purchase absolutely more than worth it.

I know sometimes people on here complain that we don't talk about the actual music enough, we just talk about the variants and rarities, etc....but I could go on and on about the music here! I wish I had ten more records of music just like it.