Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By layneharvey
is anyone still waiting on their Mondo MANIAC? i have yet to receive shipping notification... :\
By phantasm
oh, cut it out, you! don't you know they have to covertly do a reprint because of all the amazon.com orders?
By ghostfires
@fanboy - With them getting bigger and better according to the statement you copied above, hopefully they'll actually upgrade their website/servers to handle the business when they release stuff online to prevent everything from crashing or locking up for most buyers!
By layneharvey
finally got around to listening to my white vinyl copy of Mondo's MANIAC that i got from Amazon.com, and the damn thing is warped... CRAP!
By Purplemule74
@layneharvey -

Sorry man, you got rocked on that record order; long delays and warped records.

I had a similar thing happen with a book I ordered recently. Long delay, and when I finally got the book there was a big rip in the back cover. Somehow the rip was left off the item description, imagine that...
By freshoj
@layneharvey - I bet contacting Mondo would be pretty fruitful. I have had nothing but good experiences with them and I imagine they have some copies on hand for this sort of a thing - and more importantly they know which boxes hold the white vinyl so you should be able to swap white for white.
By pabloeterovic
@Layneharvey
I got my copy from Amazon to, white version, and it was warped too.
Maybe they were on the same box.
By layneharvey
@pabloeterovic - that really sucks, man. mine makes a hiss sound everytime it comes down from the warped part, so it is very noticeable.

@jmctodo - thanks for the advice. i sent them a message to see if there was anything they could do about it.
By layneharvey
@pabloeterovic and @jmctodo - i checked with Mondo about possibly swapping out my warped copy, and this was the response, which is kind of what i expected, but...:

"So sorry but we are unable to replace records that are not purchased directly from our site. Wish I had better news for you!"

well, since i ordered one direct from Mondo as well, they are sending me a white copy once they get their last shipment from the record plant. so maybe i can swap my slightly warped copy with someone on here for a black copy, so as i can have both. :)
By chandler75
layneharvey: Why not file a claim on Amazon (your account -> orders -> file claim)? The few times I've done that they almost automatically issue a refund or credit your account. At least you'll get your money back....
By layneharvey
@rasmus drews - i don't see that option to file claim unless it is from a third-party seller. i only see Return/Replace Item for that order, which was fulfilled by amazon. i'll dig around some more to see what my options are with amazon.
By chandler75
Ah yes, you're right...
By static14
yeah that's a bit too steep.
By StrangeVices
I just saw that. I agree it's too steep.
By phantasm
i just got shipping confirmation on my 7 week old MANIAC order, LOL.
By layneharvey
yeah, me too. just yesterday. :)
By jayderek18
same here...finally.

It looks like it's a special 2-day shipping, so I guess it's nice Mondo stepped it up a bit. haha

By layneharvey
heads up! someone just posted the black vinyl edition of mondo's maniac score by jay chattaway on discogs for $200 or best offer. still too much for me. according to discog's stats the max that has sold for in the last 10 transactions for that item was $151... but if anyone here wants to make dude an offer, who knows.

beggars CAN be choosers, as long as they have patience <-- that is the link to it :)
By pabloeterovic
any info about Mondo's next release?
I think it should be released this friday.
By layneharvey
i haven't heard a single thing about it...
By monsterworship
Any one got any info about the Miyazaki stuff shipping?
By layneharvey
nothing yet on my end... although it took 2 months for me to get MANIAC, so i am not anticipating shipment any time soon.
By Re-animated Cat
2 months!? Maybe these will arrive as a nice Christmas present then.