Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:44 am
ScoJo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:12 am
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:14 am I just hope maybe someone in the future will give it a better pressing. It's one of my favorite OSTs and it's a shame to have a lackluster version .
Yeah, the Nonesuch 'Requiem For A Dream' is a terrific pressing, shame they couldn't tackle Fountain too!
Love that one too. The only thing I don't like is the cover art. I honestly don't get it.
Not crazy bout it either - I get it though, they were clearly going for more of a 'this is contemporary classical music vibe', rather than an 'ASS TO ASS!!' vibe.

;)
By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:47 am Not crazy bout it either - I get it though, they were clearly going for more of a 'this is contemporary classical music vibe', rather than an 'ASS TO ASS!!' vibe.

;)
Haha!
By ScoJo
In some comments on FB posts, El Hickman mentioned that Mongo are repressing THE FOUNTAIN and also re-issuing BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA. For thems that are interested in such things.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:19 am In some comments on FB posts, El Hickman mentioned that Mongo are repressing THE FOUNTAIN and also re-issuing BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA. For thems that are interested in such things.
Those are two records I do not yet own I might be interested in :-)
However, the last few days I have been having mixed feelings about where to take my record collecting.
By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:19 am In some comments on FB posts, El Hickman mentioned that Mongo are repressing THE FOUNTAIN and also re-issuing BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA. For thems that are interested in such things.
Oh god. I will GLADLY replace my Xibalba Splatter release for a black pressing!
By ScoJo
In case anyone is interested - although there isn't an 'official' expanded release of Thief out there, somebody put together this which has extended film versions of cues and a different version of Safan's 'Confrontation/End Titles' cue etc. It's pretty damn great - extras must have been pulled straight from a print.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBL-Wh ... e=emb_logo[/youtube]
By Bub
BACK TO THE FUTURE GALLERY EXCLUSIVE VARIANT COVER

Featuring illustrations and unused poster art created in 1985 for the film, this vinyl reissue has been remastered and pressed on 180 Gram Flame colored vinyl. This variant from Mondo’s own release is exclusive to Galactic Gallery.

Our edition size is 300 pieces. We are holding back 80 pieces that we will have Drew autograph when he makes it down to the gallery later this year and offer those later. We reserve the right to limit one per order.

https://galacticgallery.com/drew-struza ... ff/bttf-lp
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:24 pm Really doubling down on these die cut jackets lately.
Yeah I'm not a big fan. Not nearly as bad as. Ohh cool, fight club, I have to tear it open to get to the vinyl and it's a single sleeve to boot. Joy.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:03 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:24 pm Really doubling down on these die cut jackets lately.
Yeah I'm not a big fan. Not nearly as bad as. Ohh cool, fight club, I have to tear it open to get to the vinyl and it's a single sleeve to boot. Joy.
I get the novelty and cool/wow factor but they just suck to deal with and keep from being damaged. I've already creased and messed up a corner on my sette note in nero slip cover thing
By NathanLurker
The Fight club packaging is perfect :)
(Don't tear it open though, just slice open along the flap and let yourself be scolded about trying to control everything )
By Revolver_OcelScott
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm The Fight club packaging is perfect :)
(Don't tear it open though, just slice open along the flap and let yourself be scolded about trying to control everything )
I did that personally, sliced through with a knife, but I just wish they offered normal packaging. I get it, it's amusing, but not for me.
By inksb
In the Mood for Love 2LP this Wednesday $35. This is a welcome price compared to that HK set at $70. I don't love the art but honestly it's one of the better Mondo covers so I'll take it.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Also a new pressing of The Fountain. Pissed it's only available in a mixed color, but hopefully it's listenable. I had sold my splatter of the original because it was near unlistenable
By Bezulsqy
With that in mind, we decided that it’s time to, in-earnest, kick off a proper Tenth Anniversary Celebration! Starting next Wednesday, we will begin a 10-week long campaign of non-stop, all-new Mondo and Death Waltz releases (over 15 just from our labels alone). From celebrated classics to hit TV shows, from AAA video game titles to animated masterpieces, we’ve got also got multiple soundtracks to highly anticipated new films hitting cinemas this fall ... and even a classic soundtrack that is over 80 years old! All absolute bangers.
So if I read this correctly they will release 15 new records in 10 weeks starting next week..

What would that over 80 year old classic soundtrack be: Fantasia?
By inksb
you guys wanna know what fucked up a young inks? I was going through our drawer of VHS tapes when I was a around 5 or 6, I put in a tape I thought had one of my movies on it, it did not, it had Full Metal Jacket and just so happened to be stopped right before the suicide scene. Well I watched that and while I didn't know what it was, the imagery of that scene were burned into my head permanently, it was something that would randomly pop into my head for years and I didn't quite understand why. I watched Full Metal Jacket in my teens and it clicked, I finally realized what this scene that had haunted me from a young age was from. It was a strange feeling of relief.

The Shining had a similar situation for me with the bathtub scene. And at some point I caught an image of Freddy Krueger at a very young age that caused me to have a recurring nightmare for almost a decade of a giant Freddy killing me in the bathroom at a house I lived in when I was 4 years old. Kinder trauma
Last edited by inksb on Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By reddye6
Looks like Full Metal Jacket is still readily available from Barnes & Noble, too.