Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chiefbrody
monsterworship wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:43 pm Don't care about a podcast but wanted to complain that I'm still waiting for my test pressings from two months ago, though they shipped out the Boys from the same order. was assured they are working on the orders as fast as they can.
Not sure if this is better or worse... I've been waiting over a week for a response to an email after they forgot to put one of my records in the box when they packed it. Judging by the Facebook comments after the podcast, I don't think I'm alone in not getting a response.
By monsterworship
Finally received my 2 test pressings I ordered.

1 I Guerrieri Dell'Anno 2072 - riz ortolani TP (sweet)
1 Modest Heroes: Ponoc Short Films Theatre Volume 1 ( no idea what this is, will be up for sale/trade)
By inksb
monsterworship wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:31 pm Finally received my 2 test pressings I ordered.

1 Modest Heroes: Ponoc Short Films Theatre Volume 1 ( no idea what this is, will be up for sale/trade)
One out of two is not bad. Especially that Ortolani LP. I still need to order a copy myself, it's one of the ones I keep putting off.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:31 pm Finally received my 2 test pressings I ordered.

I Guerrieri Dell'Ano 2072 is a fine pull. What do the TPs look like? Black wax or are pic discs?
By monsterworship
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:04 am

I Guerrieri Dell'Ano 2072 is a fine pull. What do the TPs look like? Black wax or are pic discs?
test presses are just black vinyl with generic labels and they come in that stock mondo sleeve with the titles written on them.
By 334578rpm
I got The Girl With All The Gifts TP. I'm surprised they still have those around. But this is the first time (out of 3) I've gotten a TP for a record I didn't already have.
By havershaw
As a follow up heads up:

So I ordered Four Flies last week when it came out (still hasn’t shipped, which is fine).

I saw the Ghostbusters warning and even though I have the Sony version, I figure, what the hell, I’ll see if there’s a difference in pressing, maybe it’ll actually be worth something if it’s sold out.
I literally bought the last copy (because I refreshed the page and it was sold out!).
I emailed Mondo to see if they could combine shipping for me (which they’ve done plenty of times by refunding me the shipping for one of the records) and they said that from now on, they will no longer be able to combine shipping on *any* non-printed matter on account of their computerized warehouse situation.
By chiefbrody
Yeah there's some bargains to be had. Although not a bargain as such, I may need to take advantage of the free shipping and buy Turbo Kid at last.
By deafmetal
The fact that one could order Nicolai's The Case of the Scorpion's Tail 2LP for $15 USD shipped worldwide is almost unbelievable. It might not be delivered to your country of residence until 2021, but still, amazing. I think I will go put that album on now.
By inksb
I haven't been buying anything lately so I decided to grab a few cheap records that I've been putting off.

My order:
LUZ - $20 (perfect price for this with no shipping)
La Setta - $20 (same as above, cheapest it'll be for a while I think)
Warriors of the Year 2072 - $15 (way cheaper than I expected and glad to finally have)
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:45 pm I haven't been buying anything lately so I decided to grab a few cheap records that I've been putting off.

My order:
Warriors of the Year 2072 - $15 (way cheaper than I expected and glad to finally have)
Fuck, I knew I forgot something...
Should have gotten Luz, but now I am too late for the free shipping. Oh well. Next time I will be on it!
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:46 pm
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:45 pm I haven't been buying anything lately so I decided to grab a few cheap records that I've been putting off.

My order:
Should have gotten Luz, but now I am too late for the free shipping. Oh well. Next time I will be on it!
What did you end up ordering?

I ended up grabbing two more last night right before the free shipping ended

Profundo Rosso - $25 (I'm a bad Goblin fan, I don't own this OST)
Assassinio Al Cimitero Etrusco - $10 - I do wish this wasn't a picture disc but it seems lots of people say it sounds fine.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:39 pm

My order:
What did you end up ordering?

I ended up grabbing two more last night right before the free shipping ended

Profundo Rosso - $25 (I'm a bad Goblin fan, I don't own this OST)
Assassinio Al Cimitero Etrusco - $10 - I do wish this wasn't a picture disc but it seems lots of people say it sounds fine.
I didn't order anything :-)

Most of the cheap stuff I already have. And I bought 10 records in the Waxwork sale (plus the The Thing box) so I didn't want to place another big order that surely will lead to another customs charge. But if I had only bought Luz there would be no customs charge and $20 is a great deal for that record.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Most of the cheap stuff I already have. And I bought 10 records in the Waxwork sale (plus the The Thing box) so I didn't want to place another big order that surely will lead to another customs charge. But if I had only bought Luz there would be no customs charge and $20 is a great deal for that record.
Wow, what did you pick up in Waxwork sale? 10 records is a lot :)
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:57 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Wow, what did you pick up in Waxwork sale? 10 records is a lot :)
Us
Gretel & Hansel
The Eyes Of My Mother
Queen Of Earth
The Prowler
Her Smell
The Exorcist
Kong: Skull Island
Pet Sematary
The Babadook
By Bub

My order:
Bez, $20 is the regular price for Luz so you only missed the opportunity to ship it for free. It looks like they have 448 left so I'm sure you'll have another opportunity at some point. We'll remind you ;)

Nice grabs, everyone. Here's what I got

Thomas De Quincey, Suspiria De Profundis : Levana And Our Ladies Of Sorrow 7”
Pentagram Home Video - The Satanic Path
Warriors Of The Year 2072
Buio Omega
Wild Beasts
My Dear Killer
House On The Edge Of The Park
The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave
1 Mondo / Death Waltz Test Pressing

I missed out on Dracula A.D. 1972 which blows my mind cause they had around 50 copies & it was gone the following day. I didn't think it'd be that desired.

I almost got Shock, just for the extra tracks, but the feedback I've seen here convinced me otherwise. Maybe if it drops to $10 haha.
By skeletonbutt
i wonder if you could do 20 separate orders for 20 records to avoid customs charges? there were a few i wanted but ultimately bailed at the thought of the additional fees and having to go to the post office to pick them up.
By chiefbrody
skeletonbutt wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 pm i wonder if you could do 20 separate orders for 20 records to avoid customs charges? there were a few i wanted but ultimately bailed at the thought of the additional fees and having to go to the post office to pick them up.
Unfortunately not. I'm sure the email said that multiple orders would be consolidated. I would have ordered more if I could avoid Customs charges. I even thought about getting some other people to order for me some of the $10-15 records so they would fall below the threshold for Customs in the UK, but felt it was unethical, so just ordered the 3 I could afford and left the rest. I ordered:

Turbo Kid
House on the Edge of the Park
My Dear Killer