Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Picked this up from my local store yesterday, the sleeve design and overbag are wild! Very impressed with Jay Shaw's work as ever. The score by Bensi & Jurrianns is, typically, excellent - they've been on my radar since their superb score for Enemy, and The Gift.

What I'm puzzled by is the vinyl version I have. It's best described as 'clear with a blood puddle', which works brilliantly within the overall design. But I can't find any mention of this version anywhere online? It seems the retail edition is listed as 'pink with red/blue veins' and DWs webstore version is 'clear pink'. My store guy reckoned there are 150 of the edition I have. So another UK retail exclusive?

Just curious is all.
By inksb
I need to check out this score. I enjoyed the movie but honestly can't recall the score for the life of me. The package looked ridiculous in the best way.
By ScoJo
@inks -

It's serious, modern scare music with an emotional undercurrent - taught strings, eerie choral textures and a memorable piano-led main theme. Some of the gentler, unsettling parts remind me of Cloverfield Lane, and also reminiscent of Chris Young and Carter Burwell. I dig it as a listen, there's thankfully a bit more going on musically than just 'dissonant modern horror soundscapes'.
2.jpg
2.jpg (872.61 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
As a sucker for good packaging, this may be one of my all time favorite releases from mondo. I think the film is one of the better serious horror movies to come out in a while, with a fantastically moody and ethereal score.
By reddye6
Just curious - did anyone who ordered from Mondo get their order yet? I ordered this along with Space Is the Plaice, and my order hasn’t been shipped yet.
By lazyben
My mondo copy turned up this week. Haven't listened to it yet but as Scott said the packaging is most impressive although I think they should have used an actual zipper...
By ScoJo
lazyben wrote:My mondo copy turned up this week. Haven't listened to it yet but as Scott said the packaging is most impressive although I think they should have used an actual zipper...
Yup. Actual Zipper for the Win.
By NathanLurker
Well, you don't want the record sitting next to it on the shelf to be leaning on a real zipper though.

Can't wait to get my copy in the mail. looks like a really special release.
By havershaw
reddye6 wrote:Just curious - did anyone who ordered from Mondo get their order yet? I ordered this along with Space Is the Plaice, and my order hasn’t been shipped yet.
I ordered mine along with the Sodium Party score and they arrived together last week.

I hadn’t seen the actual film, but the samples I heard sounded cool and I loved the packaging.
Really a solid score.
By reddye6
reddye6 wrote:Just curious - did anyone who ordered from Mondo get their order yet? I ordered this along with Space Is the Plaice, and my order hasn’t been shipped yet.
For anyone who did order Space Is the Plaice with Autopsy, I heard back from Mondo support that they are receiving this late -- should be in a week or two. They will ship together.