Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Mateo Sanboval wrote:Soooo....I still can't tell if it's different than the last remastering.
Yeah, I wish there was a little more information on that. I always think it's weird that Mondo/DW only release the specifics/tracklist most times at launch.
By DigitalHiss
Maybe they remastered the remaster from the master tapes of the original remaster... yea..didn’t they already re-release this (remastered) a few years ago after the first reissue? They both had the new “tv static” cover art but released a few years apart?
By inksb
I had no intention of ordering this but damn is that packaging making me want to double dip. I guess I'll wait and see what the price point is. How many of you guys want to put money on DW/Mondo actually missing the delivery date of the Halloween OST by actual Halloween? I really don't forsee them making it in time unless they put the pre-order up in the first week of the month and have the release ready to ship right away. They are notorious for taking a week or two to actually ship stuff in stock and then another week for the media mail delivery.
By deafmetal
DigitalHiss wrote:Maybe they remastered the remaster from the master tapes of the original remaster... yea..didn’t they already re-release this (remastered) a few years ago after the first reissue? They both had the new “tv static” cover art but released a few years apart?
Yes, the "deluxe edition" was "Newly remastered for 2014 from the original analog tape and including 6 previously unheard cues." I am expecting the exact same mastering/tracklist on this version. Happy to stand corrected from the source though if that is not the case.
By Hatter313
I’m a self confessed packaging sucker, I will totally pick this up and probably sell of the reissue from a few years ago, this is too cool looking a set.
Hatter313 wrote:I’m a self confessed packaging sucker, I will totally pick this up and probably sell of the reissue from a few years ago, this is too cool looking a set.
I love the sleeve artwork for the reissue. Might hold on to it for that alone.

...Still waiting on my 4/5 boxset to ship
By DigitalHiss
So who thinks this will be one of those immediate sellout releases? On one hand it’s a popular score with new packaging...on the other hand this would be the fourth pressing of it.

EDIT: I guess I’m talking about the mondo orange “exclusive”...there will eventually be copies everywhere between all the variants for everyone to grab one..
By deafmetal
@monster - I'm still holding firm. As long as the previous "deluxe" reissue fits in the damn box I'm good to go, haha. (I shouldn't be giving them further ideas to lock in collectors, huh...). Now waiting to be told that all five albums sleeves will combine to create The Shape's face on the exposed side or something... haha.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:@monster - I'm still holding firm. As long as the previous "deluxe" reissue fits in the damn box I'm good to go, haha. (I shouldn't be giving them further ideas to lock in collectors, huh...). Now waiting to be told that all five albums sleeves will combine to create The Shape's face on the exposed side or something... haha.
Same here. I'm not sure, package aside, why I'd double dip on this one. Plus that inner sleeve makes me nervous, especially after the Ghosts of Mars fiasco.
By static14
I’m gonna drive the ocd kids crazy. I plan on putting my VS Halloween, original DW II, both the original and expanded DW III’s, and 4 and 5 in the box. :) if they’ll fit.

I’m holding off on the new III pressing. The art is cool but its the same music and mastering as the last release. Gotta stop double dipping so much.
By Hatter313
static14 wrote:I’m gonna drive the ocd kids crazy. I plan on putting my VS Halloween, original DW II, both the original and expanded DW III’s, and 4 and 5 in the box. :) if they’ll fit.

I’m holding off on the new III pressing. The art is cool but its the same music and mastering as the last release. Gotta stop double dipping so much.

Please don't ever share that picture....i'm not sure my heart could take it haha
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:that's nothing. I plan on putting H2 to 5 in the box + F13th part1.
take that ocd.
By milliondollars
wow! crazy that these sold out so fast. obviously the disign for this new (re-)release is intelligent and artistic. same goes for the previous DW repress from 2012. the ideas behind these cover arts are great but none of them can even come close to the original cover art from 1980-something. in my opinion they could have made much more out of it...
By ScoJo
milliondollars wrote:wow! crazy that these sold out so fast. obviously the disign for this new (re-)release is intelligent and artistic. same goes for the previous DW repress from 2012. the ideas behind these cover arts are great but none of them can even come close to the original cover art from 1980-something. in my opinion they could have made much more out of it...
Have to agree @mildred - this sleeve is clever, like all of Hynes' work, but the design does little for me as a sleeve for this LP/movie. Just too cheap, cheesy and 'basic Halloween' for my taste.
It's a bold way to go for sure, and clearly fits a theme of the movie, but is very superficial. I do find it somewhat explained by Hynes saying he knew neither the film nor score in advance of the commission. Nothing wrong with that per se, fresh perspective etc. But in this case the approach left me cold- much prefer Jay Shaw's previous approach (and I'm lucky enough to have an OG which, as you say, is already pretty much perfection).
As always, I'm delighted that others are digging it though- we all have different stuff we are looking for in the art treatment of a film we dig, happily Ive saved some pennies on this one.
(Ps I would totally have had an embedded curcuit board beneath a SS logo either as centre label or on sleeve somewhere... ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:
milliondollars wrote:wow! crazy that these sold out so fast. obviously the disign for this new (re-)release is intelligent and artistic. same goes for the previous DW repress from 2012. the ideas behind these cover arts are great but none of them can even come close to the original cover art from 1980-something. in my opinion they could have made much more out of it...
Have to agree @mildred - this sleeve is clever, like all of Hynes' work, but the design does little for me as a sleeve for this LP/movie. Just too cheap, cheesy and 'basic Halloween' for my taste.
It's a bold way to go for sure, and clearly fits a theme of the movie, but is very superficial. I do find it somewhat explained by Hynes saying he knew neither the film nor score in advance of the commission. Nothing wrong with that per se, fresh perspective etc. But in this case the approach left me cold- much prefer Jay Shaw's previous approach (and I'm lucky enough to have an OG which, as you say, is already pretty much perfection).
As always, I'm delighted that others are digging it though- we all have different stuff we are looking for in the art treatment of a film we dig, happily Ive saved some pennies on this one.
(Ps I would totally have had an embedded curcuit board beneath a SS logo either as centre label or on sleeve somewhere... ;)
"The sleeve is shit." - ScoJo, August 2018