Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Halloween IV & V are up for sale. I just grabbed both and the box set. $69 shipped in the US. I fully expected Mondo to charge us for $12-$15 for shipping so I'm pretty happy about that.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote:Halloween IV & V are up for sale. I just grabbed both and the box set. $69 shipped in the US. I fully expected Mondo to charge us for $12-$15 for shipping so I'm pretty happy about that.
I grabbed it too, added Boogeyman and it jumped the shipping from $9.00 to $17.08. Shot them an email because that obviously not right.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:
inksb wrote:Halloween IV & V are up for sale. I just grabbed both and the box set. $69 shipped in the US. I fully expected Mondo to charge us for $12-$15 for shipping so I'm pretty happy about that.
I grabbed it too, added Boogeyman and it jumped the shipping from $9.00 to $17.08. Shot them an email because that obviously not right.
Also, love the gatefold artwork!
By Hatter313
yeah 4 looks great, but Pullin is alwasy on top of his game, and while i don't love the concept of the 5 cover, the gatefold is truly awesome and Ortiz is another master at whatever he does.

I'm not aching for anyone to do 6, but I do wish we could get Ottman's mostly unused score to H20 on wax ( a lot of the incidentals were recycled from Beltrami's other Dimension horror scores instead of suing Ottmans full score), its really great, and his orchestration of the theme for the opening titles is one of my favorite variations on the classic. But even when he released it it on CD, it had to be under a different name "Portrait of terror" so I'm sure the rights issues on that are complex to say the least.
By inksb
I don't think they were expecting that. Glad it did well for them. They are repressing them and anything pre-ordered at this point will be shipped in September. Any one who got their order in initially will be shipping early to mid August.
By Hatter313
wow, that hasn't happened in a long time....ah the good old days. (not so fond memories of the original F13 drop on waxwork)
By Mateo Sanboval
I held off for my aforementioned reasons, but I think I'll reconsider closer to the fall. I spent ten hours in the Sun on a ninety some odd degree day today. Halloween was not the music I was listening to.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I held off for my aforementioned reasons, but I think I'll reconsider closer to the fall. I spent ten hours in the Sun on a ninety some odd degree day today. Halloween was not the music I was listening to.
No, no, no... of course not, thats "The Thing" weather for sure. :)

It's been raining since Sunday here, i haven't seen the sun in days :(
By deafmetal
Hatter313 wrote:It's been raining since Sunday here, i haven't seen the sun in days :(
Sounds dreamy right about now. Another summer of drought and scorching temps over here.
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote:
Hatter313 wrote:It's been raining since Sunday here, i haven't seen the sun in days :(
Sounds dreamy right about now. Another summer of drought and scorching temps over here.
Haha, Oh make no mistake sir, we haven’t escaped the heat in the least....it’s just also been very....moist.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:http://www.twoheadeddog.com/halloween-4 ... ctors-box/
So Two Headed Dog has images of the vinyl color being full orange instead of split.
These are the retail variants. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the retail variants end up this color.
Gotcha, I thought maybe it was for the preorders that Mondo listed after the sell out, but saw those were the split color as well. Makes sense.
By Mateo Sanboval
334578rpm wrote:Death Waltz showing off 3 different colors for H3.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmdnvwCBJaF
3 different variants? Some kinds of mega triple lp? 3 unique mixes?
We'll see soon I guess...
My guess: Single LP repress of the expanded remastered LP they dropped a few years back on skeleton, pumpkin, and witch mask variant vinylz.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote:My guess: Single LP repress of the expanded remastered LP they dropped a few years back on skeleton, pumpkin, and witch mask variant vinylz.
This is my guess as well. I do not believe a 3LP would fit inside that slip case with all the other albums, and even if they used every bit of material from Howarth's archives, that still might not take up six full sides unless it was cut at 45rpm.

Speaking of, anybody have a breakdown of the Howarth expanded CD vs the Death Waltz edition?
By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote:I do not believe a 3LP would fit inside that slip case with all the other albums, and even if they used every bit of material from Howarth's archives, that still might not take up six full sides unless it was cut at 45rpm.

Speaking of, anybody have a breakdown of the Howarth expanded CD vs the Death Waltz edition?
Knowing how highly Spencer regards this score, a 3x LP expanded wouldn't surprise me at all.
There's around 70mins of music on the expanded 2007 CD, and a further 6x extra unreleased tracks on the DW repress - a total of 31 tracks out there currently. That works out just fine at around 15 mins per side of a triple 45rpm release.
Comparison between the CD and the previous DW re-issue (that inc 10x extra tracks over their 1st repress of the MCA tracklist, with 6x being 'previously unreleased') are tricky, as I think some re-titling has also gone on- there are track titles on the DW that aren't on the CD, and vice versa. (The CD has a total of 25 tracks over 22 on the DW)
You'd have to side-by-side (and track-by-track) compare the two to actually figure out how much crossover material there is/which tracks are different and/or unique to each version, and which just have diff titles!!
I'll throw my hat in and say I'm quietly hopeful for a 3xLP release :D

2007 CD Tracklist:
image.png
image.png (82.55 KiB) Viewed 5167 times
2014 expanded DW version:
image.png
image.png (87.65 KiB) Viewed 5167 times
By Bezulsqy
The label in the instagram picture show 33 rpm
If they are doing different variants I would have loved seeing a split version one to complement 4 and 5.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:The label in the instagram picture show 33 rpm
If they are doing different variants I would have loved seeing a split version one to complement 4 and 5.
Aha!!

Well then- multi variant straight repress it is then!!

As you were... :D
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:
deafmetal wrote:I do not believe a 3LP would fit inside that slip case with all the other albums, and even if they used every bit of material from Howarth's archives, that still might not take up six full sides unless it was cut at 45rpm.

Knowing how highly Spencer regards this score, a 3x LP expanded wouldn't surprise me at all.
There's around 70mins of music on the expanded 2007 CD, and a further 6x extra unreleased tracks on the DW repress - a total of 31 tracks out there currently. That works out just fine at around 15 mins per side of a triple 45rpm release.
Comparison between the CD and the previous DW re-issue (that inc 10x extra tracks over their 1st repress of the MCA tracklist, with 6x being 'previously unreleased') are tricky, as I think some re-titling has also gone on- there are track titles on the DW that aren't on the CD, and vice versa. (The CD has a total of 25 tracks over 22 on the DW)
You'd have to side-by-side (and track-by-track) compare the two to actually figure out how much crossover material there is/which tracks are different and/or unique to each version, and which just have diff titles!!

2007 CD Tracklist:
image.png
image.png
Great info as per, ScoJ. To add on, I believe the different titles are only part of the confusion. I believe some of the "never released before" cuts found in the DWRC LP are different versions of cuts that appear on the expanded CD. And there is still a cut or two that hasn't appeared anywhere in the form they appear in the film. This is a wild business.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
ScoJo wrote:

2007 CD Tracklist:
image.png
image.png
Great info as per, ScoJ. To add on, I believe the different titles are only part of the confusion. I believe some of the "never released before" cuts found in the DWRC LP are different versions of cuts that appear on the expanded CD. And there is still a cut or two that hasn't appeared anywhere in the form they appear in the film. This is a wild business.
And I say gawdammn!
By Hatter313
all three variants in one box, and the only track on them is the commercial song, ending with a locked groove of Dan O'Herlihy clapping
By slik
I would think the slip case is to hold 5xLPs, and that should be 5,4,3,2,1 on a countdown to October. It would seem strange to be adding extra versions that wouldn't fit. That said, multiple colours seem to fit the instagram for H3. There's already a slipcase bundle for the orange retail version of H4/5.