Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I have no reason to think they are only releasing 4 or 5. Why would there be mention of counting down from 5 to 1 if they could not back this up.
That said, in the past other releases were postponed or even cancelled. I guess anything is possible.
My speculative post does not add anything to this thread or conversation. It simply exists.
Thank you for your attention.
Go go Gadgetcopter!
By Revolver_OcelScott
NathanLurker wrote:From instagram post showing Halloween 4 and 5 OBIs:
All good, guys:
YES! Now Im super pumped. Hoping 4 & 5 drop on the same day for combined shipping, but am very excited to grab all of them (probably even rebuy 3)
By jgibbs4053
4&5 possibly this week
Attachments
CBC8908C-616A-45FE-A90E-043E315B9FA9.jpeg
CBC8908C-616A-45FE-A90E-043E315B9FA9.jpeg (129.28 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
By Revolver_OcelScott
jgibbs4053 wrote:4&5 possibly this week
Wow, they're killing me with these teases, can't wait for the Monday Newsletter. Hopefully the leftover Big Trouble and Castlevania will go up too, if there are any.
By Mateo Sanboval
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:
jgibbs4053 wrote:4&5 possibly this week
Wow, they're killing me with these teases, can't wait for the Monday Newsletter. Hopefully the leftover Big Trouble and Castlevania will go up too, if there are any.
Supposedly SDCC BTILC are all sold out, but who knows if they held any back. I made a couple of inflated offers over at flipper.con, but they were all declined. Folks want a-hole money right now.
By texasvinyl
Is BTILC any different from the original release? The Mary Witch thing looked cool with the obi but I don't know the movie or the music. I did get a buddy to PB me a copy of Castlevania Dracula X which I'm excited to receive.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Is BTILC any different from the original release? The Mary Witch thing looked cool with the obi but I don't know the movie or the music. I did get a buddy to PB me a copy of Castlevania Dracula X which I'm excited to receive.
Tex, I believe the BTILC is the full expanded score on 2xLP. Or at least very close to it. Definitively more than the original LP. There's a red vinyl version coming to the webstore post SDCC.
By Hatter313
https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music- ... ist-titles

Oh, Fine!

Short version, 4 and 5 this week with slip case for all 5 bundle, 3 in august, 2 in september, 1 in october, all remastered with new art etc.

yeah thats happening, guess i'll be double dipping on those first three for sure.
By Mateo Sanboval
I didn't read that release as saying the first three had been remastered for this 'set', just that the first three had previously been remastered. Which they were. If that's the case, new art alone won't get me to double, or triple in some cases, dip.

I am glad 4 & 5 are finally upon us though.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I didn't read that release as saying the first three had been remastered for this 'set', just that the first three had previously been remastered. Which they were. If that's the case, new art alone won't get me to double, or triple in some cases, dip.
Interesting nuance int he reading there, yeah now that you point it out i'm not sure if thats saying the previous releases are the same masters or not.

unfortunately i don't have your restraint as far as new art alone, haha, so I doubt it will make a difference for me one way or another.

Also i wonder why they are being presented as DWO and not DW, interesting, but maybe also just a typo? i can't seem to tell from the pics but that looks like the DWO label.

EDIT: looks like the post has already been updated to fix that, so typo it was.
By NathanLurker
That slipcase looks great ! I will buy the bundle, probably double dip on the other relases. I'm wondering if Part 1 is gonna be the same 2LP from Mondo or a version without the dialogue. I suppose it's gonna be the 2LP with dialogue, that's probably the license they have.
By Hatter313
NathanLurker wrote:That slipcase looks great ! I will buy the bundle, probably double dip on the other relases. I'm wondering if Part 1 is gonna be the same 2LP from Mondo or a version without the dialogue. I suppose it's gonna be the 2LP with dialogue, that's probably the license they have.
Spencer did say a while back that there was "something" he wanted to do on the orginal Halloween elease that they couldn't do originally, so maybe thats it, and forgive me I can't remember where or when and it very well may have been an in person convo at mondocon (if Little Walter is reading this, can you confirm if this was something he told us after the panel in '17?)
By Mateo Sanboval
I did not notice the DW(O) bit, Hatter. And I'm on my phone to boot so I can't see much. From what I can see, I like the artwork on 5 fine, don't like 4, and the box is...okay. Also hoping they won't all be on split colored wax, but I'll take what I can get.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I did not notice the DW(O) bit, Hatter. And I'm on my phone to boot so I can't see much. From what I can see, I like the artwork on 5 fine, don't like 4, and the box is...okay. Also hoping they won't all be on split colored wax, but I'll take what I can get.
Yeah they fixed it on the site, but the newsletter still has it. Template error most like it. Yeah i'm not thrilled with the art on 5, but i'm generally not thrilled with 5 in the least haha.
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:I dunno, they look great to me .
That's awesome. I'll say no more on the matter.
deafmetal wrote:So, if I want the slipcase I have to buy the split-white vinyl versions?

Mayor of Gif City right here.
By ChrisMcQueen007
I‘m underwhelmed, but that‘s just me.

Might double dip on III depending on the package, otherwise I‘ll keep my eyes open for good deals on the Vareses.
By Occhionero
Was it already mentioned or is the announcement as Death Waltz Originals a mistake?

I hoped the artwork would fit to the DW releases.
By Revolver_OcelScott
I'm happy about the box, wasn't expecting it, but love it.

Only a couple small things I don't care for:
Split colors don't look too cool, would prefer black at that point in the box.
The art on the covers is great, but I wish the titles were on them. I know it's similar to the Box of Souls release, but I love the titles on the cover.
Having space for only the 5 means I guess no Halloween 6 release any time soon.

Still super happy to grab these and the box though
By Hatter313
Occhionero wrote:Was it already mentioned or is the announcement as Death Waltz Originals a mistake?

I hoped the artwork would fit to the DW releases.
Yeah just a typo
By Hatter313
aaaaand done. well, got the box so i guess i'm committed to the others too. (he says while trying to convince himself there was any doubt)