Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Thanks guys....I just went rummaging through my garbage to find the sticker. I completely ignored it when I tore open the package like a little kid. I found it, removed it and attached it to a plastic sleeve. It's all wrinkled and weathered now. Adds to the charm ;)
By ScoJo
My life- IG really brings out the best in men huh? The lack of self awareness (and any semblence of filtering) is shocking and repulsive to me. I want to stay faaaar away from that shit show.
It would obviously be really tempting as a label to weigh in and 'set fools straight' online but it's a hiding to nothing these days- look at all that fan passion on the walls! (to paraphrase Morgan in Se7en...)
I did see that Mike Saputo weighed in a bit though, in a reasonable yet firm voice, telling off a few of these man-boy winers. Good for him, as an independent artist he should feel every right to come back at childish, BS attacks on his work.
Last edited by ScoJo on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
Part of me is curious, but I’m making more of an effort these days not to wander into the chaos of the things presumably adult people feel ok saying in various comments sections. When there was flack about the part two art I looked and I’ve got to tell you, as someone who is unreasonably familiar with these movies to the point of getting excited about all the references to the franchise I can pick out the damn trailers for the new one...I didn’t notice it at first and barely care. Subjectively, the art on the original DW of part 2 and of the original mondo release of 1 are unbeatable to me, but that’s what makes horse racing as they say. (And I’m unbelievably in love with the new packaging onnprt 3) I’m just super excited that this is a different presentation of the original score!
By havershaw
I looooove the Halloween III artwork/packaging.
It’s also a crazy quiet pressing and the mastering sounds terrific.

That’s all I *really* care about. Cool artwork (like H3) is a great bonus but it’s not gonna make or break a release for me.
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote:I looooove the Halloween III artwork/packaging.

That’s all I *really* care about. Cool artwork (like H3) is a great bonus but it’s not gonna make or break a release for me.
Did folks find the 2014 DWC H3 remaster to be an inferior pressing?
By havershaw
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

I didn’t mean to compare it to the 2014 H3, which I didn’t have. This is my first copy of H3 (although I had an OG MCA as a kid that i lost years ago).
I just remembered it was a bit of a quiet score, and I’ve owned more than my share of modern pressings that were noisy.
This one sounds terrific.
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

I didn’t mean to compare it to the 2014 H3, which I didn’t have. This is my first copy of H3 (although I had an OG MCA as a kid that i lost years ago).
I just remembered it was a bit of a quiet score, and I’ve owned more than my share of modern pressings that were noisy.
This one sounds terrific.
Ah, gotcha. I'm super glad these new pressings seem to be turning out great. This music need to be heard. Particularly H3 which is one of the all time great scores of the all time ever.
By skeletonbutt
just opened my H3 and went through everything. amazing package! anyone else notice tommy lee wallace was referred to as "tommy lee jones" in the liner notes? also, how many cards are supposed to be included? i got the witch, the skeleton, the pumpkin, and another pumpkin? does that mean someone out there might be missing a pumpkin?!?! hope not!
By Revolver_OcelScott
skeletonbutt wrote:just opened my H3 and went through everything. amazing package! anyone else notice tommy lee wallace was referred to as "tommy lee jones" in the liner notes? also, how many cards are supposed to be included? i got the witch, the skeleton, the pumpkin, and another pumpkin? does that mean someone out there might be missing a pumpkin?!?! hope not!
You should have a double sided one. I don't really get the trick, but the cards are nice haha
By skeletonbutt
oh, right, the three face cards are placed in front of the mark to choose one. the double-sided one (pumpkin/skeleton) goes in the envelope. got it, thanks!
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote:So, it's a mono pressing of a mono stem? or a stereo mix of a mono stem? If I get the opportunity, I am going to ask Howarth about this project at his concert here on the 18th.
If you have the chance the talk to him, can you ask what the deal is with the Japanese Spacesizer 360 edition? As far as I am aware it is the first official Halloween release on vinyl.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:
deafmetal wrote:So, it's a mono pressing of a mono stem? or a stereo mix of a mono stem? If I get the opportunity, I am going to ask Howarth about this project at his concert here on the 18th.
If you have the chance the talk to him, can you ask what the deal is with the Japanese Spacesizer 360 edition? As far as I am aware it is the first official Halloween release on vinyl.
That has always been my understanding, Bez.
By ScoJo
skeletonbutt wrote:just opened my H3 and went through everything. amazing package! anyone else notice tommy lee wallace was referred to as "tommy lee jones" in the liner notes?
Please tell me this isn't true/a joke? Damn- that's really quite lame if not.
By havershaw
There are liner notes by Wallace himself, and there’s another set by someone else (sorry, I forget who), where he’s referred to as Tommy Lee Jones.
By Mateo Sanboval
So many typos on soundtrack reissues over the years. It's wild, really.
By havershaw
Well, the orange Halloween is sold out. The splatter vinyl is still there, which I thought was the variant.
By Revolver_OcelScott
havershaw wrote:Well, the orange Halloween is sold out. The splatter vinyl is still there, which I thought was the variant.
I ordered the splatter and somehow I had totally forgotten the last splatter Mondo released sounded horrible (God of War). Oh well, orange is the retail and I can grab it later if it ends up being that way.
By inksb
I really wanted that Orange variant as I don't really care for the look of the splatter but I wasn't available right at the moment they went on sale. It sold out in less than 5 minutes.
By Mateo Sanboval
They likely just have fewer of those on hand since it will be the retail variant.
By deafmetal
Hah, did all the flippers buy the orange vinyl based on the reported inventory from mondotees.com?
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:Hah, did all the flippers buy the orange vinyl based on the reported inventory from mondotees.com?
That thought crossed my mind as well, but there are only a couple of listings on eBay at the moment so who knows. Regardless of who bought them, the on-site inventory information (or the desire to color match all of the recent reissues) may very well have driven orange variant sales up a bit.
By havershaw
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
deafmetal wrote:Hah, did all the flippers buy the orange vinyl based on the reported inventory from mondotees.com?
That thought crossed my mind as well, but there are only a couple of listings on eBay at the moment so who knows. Regardless of who bought them, the on-site inventory information (or the desire to color match all of the recent reissues) may very well have driven orange variant sales up a bit.
I wonder if the splatter vinyl just isn’t that appealing. I always order the web exclusive variant, but I ordered the orange this time cause I just didn’t love the splatter.
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
I wonder if the splatter vinyl just isn’t that appealing. I always order the web exclusive variant, but I ordered the orange this time cause I just didn’t love the splatter.
That could certainly be a factor.
By NathanLurker
I don't think it's that much of a factor to most of the 'social media collectors'. They usally go for the more limited/exclusive editions (because they need to know their edition is worth more than others) or the prettiest over the top colourway (because that's more important than music when you want to show off)

;)