Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By SpaceCadet
Really excited they've paired up with Cinevox to release this, I hear nothing but great things about their sound quality thus far.

Looking forward to it going on sale for us plebs tomorrow!
By NathanLurker
I hope they last until tomorrow. It would be easier for me if Mondo would release their titles on thursdays, on my payday :P
Light in the Attic will have a version on yellow vinyl for record store distribution, according to mondo's newsletter so I hope/suppose I should be safe
By Mr Lemonoue
NathanLurker wrote:I hope they last until tomorrow. It would be easier for me if Mondo would release their titles on thursdays, on my payday :P
Light in the Attic will have a version on yellow vinyl for record store distribution, according to mondo's newsletter so I hope/suppose I should be safe
Only took a minute or so to sold out, i got mine.
By blue15
That has to be some kind of record to move 500 copies so fast with a 1 per customer limit. Got one too.
By Mateo Sanboval
I think balance of the red variant and all of the blue were available at MondoCon so I'm pretty sure they had less than the full run of 500 on offer. They sold around 750 of the Batman Returns 3xLP in three minutes. Pretty crazy.
By Mateo Sanboval
Occhionero wrote:Unfortunately vinyl is the new shareholder thing.
Que?
By Occhionero
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Que?
Forgive me for my english! :-)
I mean, that a lot of people see vinyl as an invest and not for the music and art , like the most folks here do.
By Mateo Sanboval
Occhionero wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Que?
Forgive me for my english! :-)
I mean, that a lot of people see vinyl as an invest and not for the music and art , like the most folks here do.
Ah, gotcha.

And, Brother, your grasp of the English language exceeds most of ours here. Never apologize for that. Cheers!
By ChrisMcQueen007
Sorry, am I missing something here? This is the 'normal' Suspiria score (which I love) with 8 tracks (same as AMS/Cinevox ...) but with new artwork and on colored vinyl, right? Or are there any extra tracks on it, is it remastered?
By static14
@Chris same tracks, and no mention of a new master so I'm guessing it's the same as well.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Ok, thanks Static. I didn't find any information on any bonus tracks or so when it was announced but now with all the fuzz (selling out within 1 minute etc.) I was starting to get worried.
By NathanLurker
It might have something to do with the new 4K remastered version being shown around in theaters, and there's the new blu ray on preorder from synapse, it might have raised a bit the spotlight on the movie and it's score. it's also released around Halloween time. I think the appeal of the thing has reached beyond your regular soundtrack enthusiast. The fact that it's limited, too, might have attracted some scalpers for sure.

Personally, I just want to complete as much as possible my Death Waltz collection. I'd like to have one edition of every title if possible. I asked my local store to order from the wholesale lightintheattic website. they passed an order yesterday, they tried for 3 copies. Fingers crossed that it goes through and I can get my hands on one.
By deafmetal
@Nathan raises some good points on the current popularity and general awareness of the film and score (Goblin are also out on tour in North America again), but I will go out on a limb here and claim that the artwork and package design on the Death Waltz edition is quite remarkable. I am a fan of Randy Ortiz (loved his Fulci comp artwork), and I feel he absolutely nailed this one. The gatefold art is just mesmerizing, and is probably some of the best art design I have seen on any DW or Mondo album. I know that is a bold claim, but I am not the only one saying this.

I also believe the heavy social media presence, Beyond Fest, MondoCon, and limited colored vinyl pressings have only added fuel to the fire. All that said, I actually expected the deluxe box set from AMS to sell out quickly rather than this DW pressing. Shows what I know...

ps - Special thank you to Little Walter for grabbing a copy of this for me.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Good points, Nathan and Deaf. Taking everything into acount I can see why people got excited about the release. As mentioned I love the score (very happy with my OG). Also think this is great artwork and would have gladly double-dipped (or would have been quite bummed having missed out on this one) if there would have been something new/more re the music.
By NathanLurker
I think the new artwork is great yeah. The guy from my local store thinks it's not as good as the original cover though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By Little Walter
I think the score is really gaining momentum too. Every time a record convention does the text-a-dealer feature, I get a gentle flood of people asking for this soundtrack out there. It has obviously always had its following, but right now its on a well-deserved slope upward. And the Death Waltz stamp of quality doesn't hurt.