Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
It's also been posted on IG. The hashtag #BoxOfSouls has me intrigued. I had heard a while ago about a possible box set coming (not by a specific label but I assumed it would be Varese). Could this be the beginning?
Would "box of souls" possibly be a reference to Freddy's "chest of souls" in NoES III?

[Freddy lifts Kincaid by the throat]

Nancy Thompson: He's strong. He's never been this strong.

Freddy Krueger: Yes. The souls of the children...

[rips open his sweater revealing faces of children on his chest]

Freddy Krueger: ...give me strength.

Nancy Thompson: Oh, God.

Freddy Krueger: Always room for more.
Also, Varese released a CD box set a year or two ago.:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-A-Night ... se/7656689
I will legit lose my mind if this is what it looks like....it can't be, that would just be too unreal...but if it is, i will probably pay whatever they want for it.
Hard to imagine that Varese wouldn't be in on a box set especially since NOES is a big seller and they are pressing vinyl again, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings too badly if one of our local benefactors landed the gig instead. That said, is there any way this isn't a tease and is simply Spencer saying hey this killer flick came out 30 years ago? That doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility either.
thewaystation wrote:You've got a point there, @Mateo, it doesn't have to be a tease. Then again, haven't Mondo/ DW referred to Varese as "our friends" in today's newsletter?
Oh you have me at a disadvantage there, TWS. I didn't give the newsletter a thorough going over. All I took notice of was the $30 asking price for The Fly.
deathwaltz wrote:I love reading these....
Loves to get us all wound up hahaha!