Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

deafmetal wrote:Would "box of souls" possibly be a reference to Freddy's "chest of souls" in NoES III?
Back on page one, boom! This box set looks incredible, and I really dig the art design with the themed covers. Also, extensive liner notes and interviews, and black vinyl? Argh, this month has been brutal, and it's not even close to over yet!

RE: Predator - the mastering sounds excellent on my copy as well - no complaints from me.
just put on twitter that 1000 units will hit warehouse this week and another 1000 next week.... so that means at least 2000 are being pressed , that seems like quite a comitment , i appreciate NOES is a big release but $250 is a decent investment for the customers so my gut feeling is they wont fly out. (Also guessing that will mean they'll have it inhand for Mondocon ?)

But that news also makes me happy that once ordered im not gonna be waiting for months for something to arrive. Delays happen totally understand but do have a few things im waiting for to come out from Mondo/DW and really didnt want to put down all that money and have to wait ages for it to turn up
scottydoo wrote:just put on twitter that 1000 units will hit warehouse this week and another 1000 next week.... so that means at least 2000 are being pressed , that seems like quite a comitment , i appreciate NOES is a big release but $250 is a decent investment for the customers so my gut feeling is they wont fly out. (Also guessing that will mean they'll have it inhand for Mondocon ?)

But that news also makes me happy that once ordered im not gonna be waiting for months for something to arrive. Delays happen totally understand but do have a few things im waiting for to come out from Mondo/DW and really didnt want to put down all that money and have to wait ages for it to turn up
That indeed is good to know. I am very curious to see if and by when this will sell out. 250 is a lot but you do get 8LPs for an iconic series. And I do not own any of the originals so happy to get all of the music this way.
I did not expect the Hellraiser box set to sell out that fast. That also was a lot of money.
We'll see. I know I am ordering the moment it goes online :-)
Really struggling with this one, which I never would have imagined when I longed for NOES reissues. Just a bad time for me to buy it and the reality that i may not spin the records often enough to justify it. I haven't seen any mention of retail, so I'm guessing this is mondo only? Would be nice to know i could possibly pick it up in a month (maybe with discount and free shipping).

Guess I'll have to spend the next few hours weighing possible regret of purchase vs the regret of not getting it when it sells out and is listed on ebay for $1000 immediately.

Does the old trick to see the remaiining inventory still work? not that I remember it. And no, not the add 10000 to the cart method!
ive spoken to the UK distributor , as would be way cheaper for me to get it at cost through them , but the current word is they wont have copies , so online only .

Now these things do change often , like the hellraiser box was told i could get one through them but didnt want to risk it (and with them selling out online i guess i made the right choice) but i suppose it depends on how many total have been pressed and if they sell out.

all i know for sure is i need it to keep my DW collection complete (suspiria turned up today) , they are great scores and i really wanted the Animated Batman Set , had 2 chances to get at retail price (but passed as i couldnt afford it) and now i really regret missing it (and it sells for tons)
blindguy wrote:Really struggling with this one, which I never would have imagined when I longed for NOES reissues. Just a bad time for me to buy it and the reality that i may not spin the records often enough to justify it. I haven't seen any mention of retail, so I'm guessing this is mondo only? Would be nice to know i could possibly pick it up in a month (maybe with discount and free shipping).

Guess I'll have to spend the next few hours weighing possible regret of purchase vs the regret of not getting it when it sells out and is listed on ebay for $1000 immediately.

Does the old trick to see the remaiining inventory still work? not that I remember it. And no, not the add 10000 to the cart method!
Not trying to twist your arm, but how many times do you spin most of your records? I'll probably spin each one once on arrival. And then some of the 8 records a couple of times during the 12 months that follow. I only have so much time to spin records.
And is around $35 per NOES part worth it for you? It is not cheap. There is also shipping (and tax?) on top of that. But it might hold is value (or increase a little) if well cared for.
And it contains all music for NOES. 7 parts of NOES. In one box.

I am guessing that at one point there are going to be retail versions of each record separate. Or even colored individual vinyl versions. Or a Mondocon exclusive.

Also if there are people that are going to pay $400 or more from e-bay a week after release, than they are idiots. With 2000 expensive boxes like these prices have to settle down at one point. Just give it time.
I do think you are not going to get all of these score cheaper at one point. Unless you simply want the first 4 parts. You can get those originals together for $200-$250 with patience.

In the end it is another 7 albums you are buying. And if you normally only buy 1 or 2 each month, it is a big expense. But did I mention it is the NOES box we're talking about. Like in Nightmare On Elm Street...
scottydoo wrote:just put on twitter that 1000 units will hit warehouse this week and another 1000 next week.... so that means at least 2000 are being pressed , that seems like quite a comitment , i appreciate NOES is a big release but $250 is a decent investment for the customers so my gut feeling is they wont fly out. (Also guessing that will mean they'll have it inhand for Mondocon ?)

That also means that none of them have been seen, opened, listened to, or inspected yet. Fingers crossed that nothing goes awry. My guess is that's a good part of why these releases are on black wax.
well, thats all taken care of then....right before MondoCon....sheesh. I should just sign my check this month right over to Spencer and Mo and cut out the middle man haha.
I just read a post whose author pointed out that it would make more sense to have the sweater on the outside and the chest of souls on the inside. Hahaha! I cannot argue with that logic.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm in. I didn't have any of the NOES scores and with the price originals go for these days it's like getting half the series for free. And a box etc.

Annoyingly mondo have recently started charging sales tax for California which is particularly not helpful for this release.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I just read a stranger's post where they pointed out that it would make more sense to have the sweater on the outside and the chest of souls on the inside. Hahaha! I cannot argue with that logic.
On FB, Spencer said their motive behind doing it this way is because the sweater on the outside had already been done by Varese on their CD boxset.
lazyben wrote:I'm in. I didn't have any of the NOES scores and with the price originals go for these days it's like getting half the series for free. And a box etc.

Annoyingly mondo have recently started charging sales tax for California which is particularly not helpful for this release.
That was my justification as well, with the price of an OG on some of those, this is a steal, plus the artwork on them is gorgeous

Also, re: the sweater. I attempted oh so briefly to put the one from the cd set on my cat....but between the lack of arm holes and her immediate resistance I though better of it....
Bub wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I just read a stranger's post where they pointed out that it would make more sense to have the sweater on the outside and the chest of souls on the inside. Hahaha! I cannot argue with that logic.
On FB, Spencer said their motive behind doing it this way is because the sweater on the outside had already been done by Varese on their CD boxset.
I get that, but so what? Most folks aren't going to buy both and, if they did, the continuity of art would look nice. Also, now it looks like they inversed part of someone else's packaging idea to the detriment of the films' logic. All that said, I'm not actually arsed about it one iota. This set is awesome. Just though it was funny.