Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

wow! just checking my emails and then i see this big bad box. how could i not see this coming? i think i can't resist but will have some green tea and meditate for a few hours and see if this can change my mind, haha! hopefully i do not fall asleep...

by the way, did you realize how big this project actually is? if they are able to move 2000 of these boxes it means a turnover of half one million dollars. great!!
milliondollars wrote:by the way, did you realize how big this project actually is? if they are able to move 2000 of these boxes it means a turnover of half one million dollars. great!!
It's huge.
Allright, this is officially the most expensive piece I've bought in my collection. 316 USD with shipping included. with the exchange rate, that makes it 405$CAD. Also, Facebook is depressing. there's one guys there that said it's too expensive considering it's on 'boring black vinyl'. I'm sure we can all agree here that it puts the mind at ease that if you paid to get the boxset, it's on black, right ?

Also, I have to mention... whenever I buy a release through the mondo website, a release usually cost me 43 to 47 CAD with shipping included. So the price of 50$ per LP for the NOES boxset is not overly expensive compared to that. Obvisouly it is still very expensive compared to albums from Indie bands etc. which you can often buy for 20 to 30$ But for the soundtrack scene, it's common to pay these prices. a Four Flies single LP is often around 45$ too. So it's not AS MUCH of a shock for the NOES boxset to be priced 250$ as people say. Thoughts ?

I'm glad it lasted the night and I could wait for my pay to come in to buy the set.
milliondollars wrote:@Mateo: did you grab one?
Not yet, Milly. I am struggling. I want three of these LPs quite a lot, but I'm lukewarm at best on the other four. Regardless of their motivations, I want to support black vinyl. And I do think it looks pretty good. All that said, I'm glad it's not selling out at a record pace so I have some time to think this all the way through.
NathanLurker wrote:Also, Facebook is depressing. there's one guys there that said it's too expensive considering it's on 'boring black vinyl'. I'm sure we can all agree here that it puts the mind at ease that if you paid to get the boxset, it's on black, right ?
I've read that complaint elsewhere at least a half dozen times. Mind boggling. Granted, it's being used as an excuse of cost (as in, "I'd love to buy this set but it's so expensive and it's not even on colored vinlyzzz. lolroflcopterbbq"). I'm sure this mode of thinking is very popular with the majority of Collectable Vinyl/Hot Topic Exclusive/Newberry Comic Exclusive/Urban Outfitter Exclusive fanatics and that is a large part of why we still see so many of these reissues appearing on anything but black wax.
Although I have copies of NoES 1-3, I still went in for this box set. My originals are not minty, and they have some assorted crackle and pop. Based on my research, it might actually be less expensive to buy this beast than to source EX/NM copies of the original albums that are available on vinyl. The black vinyl, interesting artwork, and mention of extensive liner notes and interviews sealed the deal for me.

Looking forward to a dark and rainy weekend in the near future to dive into this set.
deafmetal wrote:Although I have copies of NoES 1-3, I still went in for this box set. My originals are not minty, and they have some assorted crackle and pop. Based on my research, it might actually be less expensive to buy this beast than to source EX/NM copies of the original albums that are available on vinyl. The black vinyl, interesting artwork, and mention of extensive liner notes and interviews sealed the deal for me.

Looking forward to a dark and rainy weekend in the near future to dive into this set.
You're not helping me spend wisely, Deaf.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I've read that complaint elsewhere at least a half dozen times. Mind boggling. Granted, it's being used as an excuse of cost (as in, "I'd love to buy this set but it's so expensive and it's not even on colored vinlyzzz. lolroflcopterbbq"). I'm sure this mode of thinking is very popular with the majority of Collectable Vinyl/Hot Topic Exclusive/Newberry Comic Exclusive/Urban Outfitter Exclusive fanatics and that is a large part of why we still see so many of these reissues appearing on anything but black wax.

ahaha yeah I can't see anyone who actually listen to the records they buy complain about a pressing being only available on black. 'Hot topics fanatics', I like that. They must be angry that black wax wont get them as much 'likes' on their instagram.
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:You're not helping me spend wisely, Deaf.
... or am I? ;) It is a large chunk of change however you slice it.
I expected some Buyers remorse on this one, but i feel oddly ok with this decision. I know it would piss me off to no end if i passed on it.

The first time i ever spent this much on vinyl was a copy of the Tom Wait Orphans 7lp set, dropped $300 on that on discogs about 5 years ago and since then I have found it easier and easier. not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.
Hatter313 wrote:The first time i ever spent this much on vinyl was a copy of the Tom Wait Orphans 7lp set, dropped $300 on that on discogs about 5 years ago and since then I have found it easier and easier. not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.
The devil on your shoulder nods his or her silent approval.
I’ll pass on this because I already have the VS cd set from a few years ago. I probably would have picked this up if the original movie poster art was used for the covers. Nice to see a black vinyl drop and it was tempting to pick this up on that aspect alone. The spending madness has to stop at some point. You guys enjoy this one!
For those who did not already have seen it:

http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/b ... lm-street/

Transmisson has the box for sale (since past Thursday I believe) for 250 pounds. That should mean free shipping as well and no customs in Europe.
Of course I am thinking now I should have waited ordering this box. But we'll see if my USPS delivery incurs customs.