Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By blindguy
I didn't see it stated anywhere if they were 45rpm or 33, but if it's 45, i'm sure at least one will make my Halloween time jukebox selection each year so it'll get some play. That being said, with the upcoming Trick R Treat pic disc reissue (the one variant release i'm remember melting down over missing), i'll be spending a lot this week on records for arts sake, which is something I never usually do.
By The Dentist
picked up the box set, the LP and a copy of It Comes at Night for good measure.
By Mateo Sanboval
The Dentist is working overtime this week.
By texasvinyl
Same, but not super bummed. It's really cool, but I don't need to spend $100 and honestly I would never listen to this OST in a 6x7" format. But it would look pretty damn cool on a shelf!!
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Same, but not super bummed. It's really cool, but I don't need to spend $100 and honestly I would never listen to this OST in a 6x7" format. But it would look pretty damn cool on a shelf!!
Exactly my thinking.
By NathanLurker
Daaaamn !
I hope Transmission get some copies, so I get a second chance to buy the Box. Otherwise, I'll just get the LP edition.
By Bezulsqy
texasvinyl wrote:Same, but not super bummed. It's really cool, but I don't need to spend $100 and honestly I would never listen to this OST in a 6x7" format. But it would look pretty damn cool on a shelf!!
Although those 7" actually do contain the score, I can't imagine anyone buying this box as a means of listening to this score on vinyl.
I simply is a brilliant item for on the mantelpiece!
By ScoJo
HEads up, Lament-freaks : they've neglected to make much of it in their blurb (no mention at all on the Mondo site) but it looks like the Hellraiser LP comes with a build-it-yourself LC box! With glossy gold finish too, if the pics are to be believed. So don't feel TOO bad if you can't afford the ridiculo edition in an absurdly oversized Lament box filled with 7" records that you'll never play..... ;-)

(Fyi, click on the 'more images' of the Mondo web listing for the LP to see pics of the insert, both flat and built - looks badass!)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:HEads up, Lament-freaks : they've neglected to make much of it in their blurb (no mention at all on the Mondo site) but it looks like the Hellraiser LP comes with a build-it-yourself LC box! With glossy gold finish too, if the pics are to be believed. So don't feel TOO bad if you can't afford the ridiculo edition in an absurdly oversized Lament box filled with 7" records that you'll never play..... ;-)

(Fyi, click on the 'more images' of the Mondo web listing for the LP to see pics of the insert, both flat and built - looks badass!)
Completely missed this. Now I want this as well :-)
Does the Hellraiser screening variant have this as well?

By ScoJo
As much as I'd love to get every re-press of classic scores just on principal, it's just too much for me right now.

My OG sounds pretty damn bad ass, Silva Screen pressings are right up there with Varese shizzle...
File 12-10-2017, 16 01 28.jpeg
File 12-10-2017, 16 01 28.jpeg (914.51 KiB) Viewed 7334 times
By ScoJo
You know something? Hellraiser is a fucking amazing score. If you didn't know the film, it would just blow you away as a piece of modern classical.

Definitely deserves to be re-issued as much as humanly possible.
By NathanLurker
@ScoJo: agreed. It's a phenomenal score, definitely has a place on my top5 score if I was ever to list a top5. It's a must have score for any soundtrack/horror enthusiast, in any edition. I do have the OG and also a japanese pressing of it. So I really don't need these represses, but I want them to a) complete my death waltz collection as much as possible b) compare the remastered audio with my other edition. So I will at the very least buy the LP edition for sure.

I WOULD play the 7'' discs if I could get my hand on a boxset...not often, but I buy all these releases to spin them, not just to look at them, so I would make time to spin them.
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote:@ScoJo: agreed. It's a phenomenal score, definitely has a place on my top5 score if I was ever to list a top5. It's a must have score for any soundtrack/horror enthusiast, in any edition. I do have the OG and also a japanese pressing of it. So I really don't need these represses, but I want them to a) complete my death waltz collection as much as possible b) compare the remastered audio with my other edition. So I will at the very least buy the LP edition for sure.

I WOULD play the 7'' discs if I could get my hand on a boxset...not often, but I buy all these releases to spin them, not just to look at them, so I would make time to spin them.
@nathan -

All of the above = good for you man, I like your style :)
By lazyben
I bought the box. I have an original to play anyway (and the a copy of the dw lp reissue on the way) so I'm going to give the 7s to my kid to use as frisbees and then on Halloween I'm going to fill the box up with candy and answer the door dressed as a cenobite.

I am somewhat surprised that they managed to sell out of the box within a day.
By slik
Bezulsqy wrote:
ScoJo wrote:HEads up, Lament-freaks : they've neglected to make much of it in their blurb (no mention at all on the Mondo site) but it looks like the Hellraiser LP comes with a build-it-yourself LC box! With glossy gold finish too, if the pics are to be believed. So don't feel TOO bad if you can't afford the ridiculo edition in an absurdly oversized Lament box filled with 7" records that you'll never play..... ;-)

Completely missed this. Now I want this as well :-)
Does the Hellraiser screening variant have this as well?
Nope, just another gnarly colour.......Oh shit, I'm gonna be spending more!!!!
By frozeneyeball
Anyone know if there were any leftover copies of the screening variant that might go on sale online at a later date?
By texasvinyl
I am fairly certain the Suspiria screening version is gone. There may be some Hellraiser copies though, if they are I'd guess they turn up at Mondocon
By frozeneyeball
Thanks for the info Tex. I want to pull the trigger on the lament configuration on Mondo’s online store, but if there’s a chance of somehow getting a screening variant I’ll hang on for a bit longer.
By liftman2013
it would seem the screening version does not come with the little lament configuration box

bit gutting if you ask me. didnt feel bad that missed out on the 7" boxset. its a gimmick, albeit one hell of a cool one

but now seeing mondos website version having this and i dont is rather sad
By texasvinyl
I'd just email Mondo, they'd probably throw one in your next order box. I think they've got a ton of them.
By liftman2013
cheers texas i had thought of that as well

it may well be as these were the earlier screening versions they didnt add these in time. you cant have it all etc