Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Still waiting on a shipping notification for my Hellraiser 7" box order. But I did get the mail about the printing error. However looking at pictures online I could not see or make out what the error is. Can someone show me?
Or I'll just wait till I get my box.
Have to say this really sucks for Mondo/DWRC. It sounds like a very costly error if they need to repress 1500 boxes.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:Still waiting on a shipping notification for my Hellraiser 7" box order. But I did get the mail about the printing error. However looking at pictures online I could not see or make out what the error is. Can someone show me?
Or I'll just wait till I get my box.
Have to say this really sucks for Mondo/DWRC. It sounds like a very costly error if they need to repress 1500 boxes.
That will all be covered by insurance, @Bez - but the hold-up for them/customers is definitely a bummer (and priceless!!! ;)
By Bub
The Lament Configuration box consists of 3 patterns, appearing on opposite sides of each other.
build_your_own_hellraiser_box_by_gonchir.jpg
build_your_own_hellraiser_box_by_gonchir.jpg (126.38 KiB) Viewed 5725 times
The Mondo box has one of the patterns placed 3 times which leaves one of the other patterns appearing once.
HellraiserBox-1_1024x1024.jpg
HellraiserBox-1_1024x1024.jpg (177.22 KiB) Viewed 5725 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Whoops!
By ScoJo
Ouch.
Well, if that was their own design dept who messed up (which it kinda sounds like) then perhaps they won't be insured against this after all. Dayum.
By Mateo Sanboval
This amuses me.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote:Ouch.
Well, if that was their own design dept who messed up (which it kinda sounds like) then perhaps they won't be insured against this after all. Dayum.
If they are lucky the third and out of place one is the top that way they don't need to reprint every box. This seems like something that should have been caught well before they went to final print. This is why you need a QC process of more than just one or two people, especially on larger expensive sets. I've learned my lesson with Mondo, unless it's something you feel you truly need, don't pre-order from them. I bought their TMNT Leonardo figure for $150 and that was delayed almost a year due to manufacturing issues on the prototype/sculp, at least those were caught before it went into production.
By Occhionero
And all boxes have thir error, or just a small charge? Mine came today. Will check this in the evening,
By monsterworship
Occhionero wrote:And all boxes have thir error, or just a small charge? Mine came today. Will check this in the evening,

all of the boxes have the error, they are replacing them but not til the 2nd quarter of 2018.

Also they are still holding some of the original international orders until the new boxes arrive, so if you haven't got a shipping notice that might be why...
By Bezulsqy
monsterworship wrote:
Occhionero wrote:And all boxes have thir error, or just a small charge? Mine came today. Will check this in the evening,

all of the boxes have the error, they are replacing them but not til the 2nd quarter of 2018.

Also they are still holding some of the original international orders until the new boxes arrive, so if you haven't got a shipping notice that might be why...
That sucks. I hope they do not do that. That would be very unfair. I ordered the minute it came online and I still have not have had a shipping notice...

-edit- Got my shipping notice just now.
By inksb
It's Mondo, if they said 1-2 months expect a year? I dunno, the way they do business is strange to me. You would think it would take priority on such an expensive set.
By Occhionero
inksb wrote:It's Mondo, if they said 1-2 months expect a year? I dunno, the way they do business is strange to me. You would think it would take priority on such an expensive set.

You know, I'm not in a hurry. 99% of the people didn't even recognize that the top was a missptrint.
By Bezulsqy
Occhionero wrote:Any updates for the replacement part of the box?
It may take a few months for the corrected boxes to land (as they are manufactured in China), but rest assured you will have a 100% accurate box during the second quarter of 2018.
Still one month of the second quarter left.
But big change it might take some months more. And I can't imagine anyone would care about that. However, people are strange. And stupid. So surely someone will moan on one of the social media outlets of their choice.
By deafmetal
I received my replacement box today. Not just the lid, but an entire new box. I have to say I'm impressed that they actually replaced these, and now I have another box to store 7" vinyl.
By lazyben
Mine arrived too today. Upon examination it wasn’t the lid that was wrong anyway.