Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Little Walter wrote:Teaching's a bitch, and running a record store isn't much easier. I check in all the time; just tongue-tied. Yourself, Bezulsqy?

MA'TEO!! We were drenched, but we didn't get hit like Houston.
Glad to hear you're busy, but well; drenched yet buoyant. Welcome back.
By Mateo Sanboval
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Little Walter wrote:Teaching's a bitch, and running a record store isn't much easier. I check in all the time; just tongue-tied. Yourself, Bezulsqy?

MA'TEO!! We were drenched, but we didn't get hit like Houston.
Glad to hear you're busy, but well; drenched yet buoyant. Welcome back.
PS - I may keep that apostrophe. It feels very exotic. Reminds me of an Arthur Lyman record.
By The Cult Leader
maxlevel wrote:I will be trying to get a ticket to this! If I can help anyone get some items I'd be happy to look into it

-edit- I have a few proper record mailers leftover from a record sale recently.

FYI you don't need to purchase a ticket to buy the soundtrack. The ticket price is for the poster and the screening. If tickets sell out you can still go to the theater to purchase the soundtrack.
By NMA
If anyone attending to the either screening, I would be glad to have a copy of the vinyl. :)
By maxlevel
The Cult Leader wrote:
maxlevel wrote:I will be trying to get a ticket to this! If I can help anyone get some items I'd be happy to look into it

-edit- I have a few proper record mailers leftover from a record sale recently.

FYI you don't need to purchase a ticket to buy the soundtrack. The ticket price is for the poster and the screening. If tickets sell out you can still go to the theater to purchase the soundtrack.
Oh ok good to know. Its unlikely I'll go just for the discs, I'm freelance and need to book a day. If I can make a day of it I can put it down as " research"

@NMA no problem mate, if I'm going ill sort it
By NMA
maxlevel wrote:
@NMA no problem mate, if I'm going ill sort it
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it :)
By maxlevel
I got my ticket!

But not impressed at all by the force purchase of the poster, making a cinema ticket £55, in a cinema I don't really like much. To be honest I don't even like mondo that much. It'll be fine and I'll get a few copies but someone needs a damn good slap and a firm British frowning
By NMA
maxlevel wrote:I got my ticket!

But not impressed at all by the force purchase of the poster, making a cinema ticket £55, in a cinema I don't really like much. To be honest I don't even like mondo that much. It'll be fine and I'll get a few copies but someone needs a damn good slap and a firm British frowning
Congrats! And you are right, there should be an option w/o poster.

Anyway, I hope the event will be fun! :)
By Mateo Sanboval

Max, I sent you a couple of PMs. Just a heads up.

PS - "A firm British frowning" has just been stolen. By me. Fair notice.
By Little Walter
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Glad to hear you're busy, but well; drenched yet buoyant. Welcome back.

PS - I may keep that apostrophe. It feels very exotic. Reminds me of an Arthur Lyman record.
Thank you, sir. And be careful: having name ornaments might give listeners the impression that you're being sarcastic.

If you can grab a record for me, then I'll help out with the overall cost a bit.
By Mateo Sanboval
Little Walter wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Glad to hear you're busy, but well; drenched yet buoyant. Welcome back.

Thank you, sir. And be careful: having name ornaments might give listeners the impression that you're being sarcastic.
Good point. A man in my position can't be having that.
By maxlevel
Little Walter wrote:

If you can grab a record for me, then I'll help out with the overall cost a bit.
Aye! Send me a PM. Basically, I don't know how many I can have on the day so I'll start a list, work down that list and send them in order. We can sort out payment and shipping costs after I have some copies in my hand
By Bezulsqy
@Max
I'm trying to send a PM but it looks like I am not able when using my phone.
If you have some room for me on your list I am very very grateful.
I'll PM tomorrow from my computer.
By Little Walter
maxlevel wrote:Aye! Send me a PM. Basically, I don't know how many I can have on the day so I'll start a list, work down that list and send them in order. We can sort out payment and shipping costs after I have some copies in my hand
Done and done.
By deathwaltz
Don't forget the screening edition of 500 is being split between London and LA (Beyond Fest) so LA folks will also be able to get them.
By Mateo Sanboval
deathwaltz wrote:Don't forget the screening edition of 500 is being split between London and LA (Beyond Fest) so LA folks will also be able to get them.
Now if only us traitor colonists knew a willing Vinyl Buddy who will be at the LA screening...
By Bezulsqy
I haven't been on Facebook for ages and reading the comments on DWRC Facebook page I remember why.
Anyways, there was also this link to some files for the Coil version:
https://archive.org/details/CoilTheUnre ... NoNewWorld

You people probably know a lot more than me about this and Spencer also mentiond that there will never be an official release of that score. Can anyone tell me why not? I know I read about this years ago, but forgot where.
By deathwaltz
Yeah FB is a pit of human despair...

Coil, rights issues. Can't really say more than that.
A shame as it is really good.
By Bezulsqy
deathwaltz wrote:Yeah FB is a pit of human despair...

Coil, rights issues. Can't really say more than that.
A shame as it is really good.
Thanks for the reply.
I am thinking issues are there to be resolved :-)
But I know that is not how the world turns...
By maxlevel
Chaps I can't make the london screening. I'm so sorry for being a douche, I booked the day off for it but a big job came in and I can't turn it down.

Humble apologies
By Mateo Sanboval
No apologies necessary, Max. Thanks for the kindly offer.
By blindguy
Does anyone know the differences between the DW and Laskeshore versions? Cover art obviously, and color and vinyl weight. The articles mention source material, but are both versions the same final? I'd assume so. I'm guessing the lament cube and liner notes are DW only?

I'm all in on the 7" set, but since i already own an OG, tryingn to figure if there's any reason to spring for the DW over the Lakeshore which can be gotten pretty cheaply from retail with discounts.