Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By craiged
Thought we should have a separate topic for FWWM!

1st DW release up in 2017 and looks like art is mirroring its big brother:

By Mateo Sanboval
As excited as can be for this. I listen to the Twin Peaks reissue regularly; especially on these rainy Winter nights we're having deep in the Pacific Northwest. What's the current release date, estimated or otherwise?
By craiged
Mateo Sanboval wrote:As excited as can be for this. I listen to the Twin Peaks reissue regularly; especially on these rainy Winter nights we're having deep in the Pacific Northwest. What's the current release date, estimated or otherwise?
It's January! So only a few weeks away at most
By Mateo Sanboval
craiged wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:As excited as can be for this. I listen to the Twin Peaks reissue regularly; especially on these rainy Winter nights we're having deep in the Pacific Northwest. What's the current release date, estimated or otherwise?
It's January! So only a few weeks away at most
Wicked.
By SpaceCadet
That is going to look damn fine beside its counterpart, holy hell. Can't wait! The film is certainly worth revisiting, I was initially cool on it but have since appreciated it more. It's really rough.
By ckilduff
Yup bought my ticket for the screening w/vinyl today as soon as they announced it. No shipping and seeing FWWM on the big screen for the first time! Super excited.
By SpaceCadet
January 25th I am so fucking there oh man it looks incredible. If it sounds anything like the superb first release, this is gonna make winter so much more tolerable!

Thanks you magnificent bastards!
By Mateo Sanboval
deathwaltz wrote:Yes these will hit retail in the same fashion as TP!
By Hatter313
Already thinking about getting a cherry pie and having people over for the premier. :)
By Mateo Sanboval
The Cult Leader wrote:I'll let this one slide
One thousand thankyous for your leniency, your benificence!!
Hatter313 wrote:Already thinking about getting a cherry pie and having people over for the premier. :)
See you then.
By Hatter313
@mateo,

Come on by, haha, worth the cross country plane ride for sure.
By SpaceCadet
Yeah if it's not too off topic we'll be watching the premiere as well.... And probably mainlining episodes three and four right afterward because oh my god they finally gave David Lynch eighteen hours of final cut priveledge to revisit Twin Peaks I don't think I can breathe just thinking about it
By ScoJo
This morning I decided it was about time I got round to watching those TPFWWM deleted scenes. They're pretty bad for the most part huh?

Don't get me wrong, it's great to finally have them, and some bits did make me chuckle but I felt no desire to do a fan edit and insert them into the theatrical cut!

Had such a funny ride with that movie. As a HUGE Lynch fan (and avid TP obsessive) when the film hit theatres, we saw a midnight screening and I HATED it. I was the only one in our group who had such a violent reaction! But the pendulum swang wildly in the other direction on second viewing - I decided it was a masterpiece, and right up there with my all time faves.

It's like a psychological white paper on sexual abuse, incredible. Brutal, heart-wrenching, and yet still manages to be a 'fun' watch for the most part.

And Bowie!!