Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
RIP Albert...the character I was almost always compared with.
IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0288.JPG (81.96 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Tagged and bagged. Really looking forward to having FWWM on my table.
By Mateo Sanboval
frozeneyeball wrote:Wonder when it will hit U.K. record shops?
Not certain, but Spencer did say it was getting wide distribution there. How long was the gap between TP going on sale at Mondo and hitting the streets in the UK?
By ChrisMcQueen007
Nice one, Mateo!

FWWM is sold out at Mondo (I guess for the moment) - wanted to check how much it would cost me incl. shipping but got the message when trying to check out.
By texasvinyl
Can't wait to pick this up at the screening tomorrow night!

I am mostly caught up on the series. About halfway through season 2. I forgot how quickly it goes downhill after they solve the murder of Laura Palmer... like all the air and tension gets sucked out of the story.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Can't wait to pick this up at the screening tomorrow night!

I am mostly caught up on the series. About halfway through season 2. I forgot how quickly it goes downhill after they solve the murder of Laura Palmer... like all the air and tension gets sucked out of the story.
Yeah, but it still has it's moments. And I legitimately think the first couple and last few episodes of season 2 are awesome. If I'm remembering correctly, Lynch kind of wandered off for a bit during the writing and/or production of the middle of that season.
By frozeneyeball
@ Mateo, I can't remember how long the gap was with TP. All I remember is that I ordered from Mondo and some UK record shop folks had it in their hands before mine arrived in Blighty. So maybe I just need to be patient!

@ Tex, I'm with you. Just watched Season2 Ep 17 and it's not so good. Once the main mystery was solved, it kind of loses steam. I do like Windom Earl though, even though his disguises don't disguise him at all, it's comical!
By Hatter313
I find that when you binge it, the downturn in season two is pretty short actually. All the stuff leading up to dead dog farm and some of the early wyndham earl stuff is great, its really only a handful of episodes where it strays. and the finale is still excellent.

Almost forgot about this today, just snagged.
By texasvinyl
Hatter313 wrote:I find that when you binge it, the downturn in season two is pretty short actually. All the stuff leading up to dead dog farm and some of the early wyndham earl stuff is great, its really only a handful of episodes where it strays. and the finale is still excellent.

Almost forgot about this today, just snagged.
Sounds like I need to push through then! Although no way I'll be able to finish them all in time for FWWM tomorrow!
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Sounds like I need to push through then! Although no way I'll be able to finish them all in time for FWWM tomorrow!
By Mateo Sanboval
Just read this on another message board.
There is no link... sorry, it's professional information and it's not online on the web (at least that I know of).

This LP is listed in the largest European music distributor database as "Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me" LP from Rhino/Warner Music, release date May 19 and UPC/EAN = 0081227940294.
This person is supposedly a record shop owner and has access to the above mentioned database. He said it indicates that it will be a single LP. Having another release just on the heels of DWRC's seems odd. Of course, this guy could be full of beans or it could be an error. Perhaps it's the soundtrack to Season 3 and the someone entered it in wrong. Anyhow, thought it was curious enough to post about here. I'm always interested in the business side of these reissues (exclusivity windows, etc.).
By thedeepness
Got my FWWM last night and WOW! So fuckin great. I just started side B but the sound quality is great so far. We all know the music is great. Awesome heavy slipcase with a great finish. Really nice simple gatefold jacket with good liner notes. Two sexy slices of Cherry Pie vinyl. All for $33 and not hard to get. Alongside the Twin Peaks release they make an amazing pair. I think these are my favorite Death Waltz release since City of the Living Dead (which in my opinion is the pinnacle of a vinyl release as an "art piece", plus the music rules).
Bravo Spencer and everyone else involved.
By Hatter313
thedeepness wrote:Got my FWWM last night and WOW! So fuckin great. I just started side B but the sound quality is great so far. We all know the music is great. Awesome heavy slipcase with a great finish. Really nice simple gatefold jacket with good liner notes. Two sexy slices of Cherry Pie vinyl. All for $33 and not hard to get. Alongside the Twin Peaks release they make an amazing pair. I think these are my favorite Death Waltz release since City of the Living Dead (which in my opinion is the pinnacle of a vinyl release as an "art piece", plus the music rules).
Bravo Spencer and everyone else involved.

RE; City of the living dead, oh man remember when there was that quick moment of all DW sleeves being those super thick linen feel boards. COTLD, Godzilla, and House of the Devil were the only ones with that right? or was MS 45 one of those too, i don't have that one. anyway those were gorgeous.
By thedeepness
Those are the best sleeves in my collection. That Godzilla with the amazing inner gatefold. Lizard in a Womans Skin and Raid also had that sleeve. Ms.45 had one of the larger gatefold but the soft touch finish.
I just love the city of the living dead package all around. It has that glued in booklet with great liner notes and images and I love the pencils of the cover art on the inside. So great.

Just finish my FWWM listen and sound quality is tops all around.