Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By zuko
layneharvey wrote:i am in the US, and mine arrived yesterday, and it is lovely.

Little thing, but I love the spacing of the type on these two TP releases – it's '90s but also modern at the same time
By layneharvey
did everyone see the runout etchings on these two records?

Side A (outer runout): Let's test it for the record. Will the next victim be a man or a woman?
Side B (outer runout): If I had a nickel for every cigarette your mom smoked, I'd be dead.
Side C (outer runout): Do you know who I am? I am the arm and I sound like this...
Side D (outer runout): My vision ended and I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future.
By Mateo Sanboval
layneharvey wrote:did everyone see the runout etchings on these two records?

Side A (outer runout): Let's test it for the record. Will the next victim be a man or a woman?
Side B (outer runout): If I had a nickel for every cigarette your mom smoked, I'd be dead.
Side C (outer runout): Do you know who I am? I am the arm and I sound like this...
Side D (outer runout): My vision ended and I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future.
C'mon. How awesome is that? Classic DWRC.
By slik
This is one stunning release, arrived today (UK). Sounds amazing! Looks amazing! "Real Indication", Badalamenti vocals remind me so much of Steven Jesse Bernstein....wow!
By craiged
Excited to get mine delivered in the UK tomorrow, luckily according to tracking info it looks to have cleared customs without incurring the dreaded customs charges :)
By ScoJo
Im walking home now from my local brick n mortar with this in my bag....suddenly, after the most dreary, cold and wet of days, the sunset through the clouds is pretty spectacular......

I have a real indication...of a laugh coming on...
By slik
craiged wrote:Excited to get mine delivered in the UK tomorrow, luckily according to tracking info it looks to have cleared customs without incurring the dreaded customs charges :)
Last two from DW/Mondo, no customs charge.....a good feeling!
By bpwlogan
Good to see everyone is happy with the overall release and quality of FWWM. I think mine is officially lost in the mail. The tracking has it arriving here for sorting six days ago, but hasn't updated since. I dropped by to see if it was ready for pickup thinking it might not have been scanned, but it's not there. I'm sure it'll show up at some point. It's probably mixed up with some other packages in the back somewhere.
By monsterworship
vires it has been pointed out somewhere that there seems to be a basic black version of fwwm with the original cover coming out later in the spring from whatever major label, perhaps it will be cheaper.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:vires it has been pointed out somewhere that there seems to be a basic black version of fwwm with the original cover coming out later in the spring from whatever major label, perhaps it will be cheaper.
Assuming this comes to fruition, I wonder if a repress of TP could be far behind.
By Mateo Sanboval
vi_resmusic wrote:F$$$ it? It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and "a man should buy himself a present every day"
Don't plan it. Don't force it. Just let it happen.
By Mateo Sanboval
Sweet Christmas, you all pay a premium to live in a place where Nature hates you.
By crazybeats
Both the soundtrack to the first TV series and Fire Walk With Me are being released next month by Warner Bros and Rhino Records. Both contain the original artwork the original LPs have and will be released on 180 gram. Much much cheaper also. I guess Death Waltz had a limited window in which to ship their versions of the albums before Warner Bros stepped in with their version.
By bpwlogan
It'll be interesting to see how much demand is still out there for Twin Peaks score related material. I love the pressings by Rhino Records, but I'll take the DW double colored FWWM over a single black pressing by Rhino. I see the television score is already out of stock at Mondo.
By vi_resmusic
It has arrived and did so approximately 5 weeks ago. FWWM is a current favourite that gets a few plays per week and increasing. I have previously only played this score on YouTube before acquiring a physical copy. Thankful for all prevelidges but also glad that those days are over.

As a hobby musician, student and enthusiastic listener - this album couldn't have come at a better time for all of my current musical indulgences etc. I will hush now because I realise that this is a collectors website.

I like the die cut and hope that it stays intact for centuries to come.
I like the look of the records when I pull them out to play them.
Flip the gatefold and there is a healthy amount of text that has been printed upside down. I will accept that the text may have the correct orientation for the northern hemisphere but if the function of the inners,outer fold is to complete the outer edge of the outer package then it has been printed upside down. I am not concerned with lyrics at this stage but they are included. One day I will be curious enough to try to read the blue on black text. So far it has served me well and perfectly lead me along a discovery path to explore the biography and music of Jimmy Scott. Overall this packet is a special way to behold and to archive a body of work that more than deserves it.

Back to the actual discs. Pretty colours that fill me with uncomfortable joy on the way to the TT where they no longer function as a spectacle as these very bad boys have a real job to do. And the best thing about this experience is that the CD arrived a week before this. These records are plagued with what is hopefully Static. I don't have a Static gun as I have luckily never had this problem.
Please recommend a model if it is generally agreed that one out performs another.

So far the CD kills it - especially at 12,500 watts of an AT system as done last Saturday night at work as well as in the car on the 170km drive to and from. And on the shitty denon driven,Sony boom box in the kitchen.

Ending this silly review here until after an attempt to discharge the Static has been performed.
Attachments
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG (36.35 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Last edited by vi_resmusic on Mon May 01, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By vi_resmusic
Replaced stylus and still has heaps of surface noise and pops that coincide with the swirl design. There is benefit to swirl and splatter,you can watch exactly where it fucks the sound up.Also the dullness in the high frequency response destroys the sizzle and ambience of the mix,kind of sounds like a blanket has been put over the speakers. Is their a drug or special kind of self fooling technique that can help me beleive that this piece of shit is a "fine release" or does a denial response to paying too much for a POS suffice? Oh wait....stare into the die cut! Coloured vinyl no more for me!

Edit: It is symbolic of how stupid we as vinyl consumers can be.
By Mateo Sanboval
vi_resmusic wrote:Replaced stylus and still has heaps of surface noise and pops that coincide with the swirl design. There is benefit to swirl and splatter,you can watch exactly where it fucks the sound up.Also the dullness in the high frequency response destroys the sizzle and ambience of the mix,kind of sounds like a blanket has been put over the speakers. Is their a drug or special kind of self fooling technique that can help me beleive that this piece of shit is a "fine release" or does a denial response to paying too much for a POS suffice? Oh wait....stare into the die cut! Coloured vinyl no more for me!

Edit: It is symbolic of how stupid we as vinyl consumers can be.
That stinks, Vi-Res. Maybe return these and check out the Rhino/WB reissues that are coming out this month?