Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Would guess Eric Adrian Lee might be doing the artwork as he's Mr Giallo - did a great job on The Black Belly of the Tarantula for Mondo/DW so wouldn't be at all surprised to see him repeating the trick here by the looks of that striking central label ;)

Like others here been after this for a while and could never justify in my mind stumping up the price of a rare record for a 'mere' CD. Great stuff!
Occhionero wrote:The stripe version is limited to 30. And the three colored version?
The Mondo email newsletter said 50 copies? Anyway, I really like the sound of the sample tracks. I will be picking up a copy in some form. Might as well try for the limited striped vinyl, which does indeed look really neat, but I would be happy with a retail black vinyl as well.
I read the email to mean there will be 50 'stripe' copies, and the tri will be a more 'normal' run? Have they said there will be a retail version? I'd be just as happy (or happier) paying £25 for standard black as £35 for a stripe, as cool as both variants look.
By reddye6
chiefbrody wrote:I read the email to mean there will be 50 'stripe' copies, and the tri will be a more 'normal' run.
This how I read it as well.
reddye6 wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:I read the email to mean there will be 50 'stripe' copies, and the tri will be a more 'normal' run.
This how I read it as well.
Ditto, gents. If there's a retail version coming, I haven't seen it written anywhere.
I'm hopeful @Mateo, if for no other reason that the Micalizzi specifically said in the email there wouldn't be a retail version. Then again, I'm sure previous releases have had a retail version announced at the same time on the weekly email.

It would seem strange for DWRC to be launching a 'retail programme' and then have two releases in a row with no retail release. As I say, I'm hopeful... but it might be false hope.
chiefbrody wrote:I'm hopeful @Mateo, if for no other reason that the Micalizzi specifically said in the email there wouldn't be a retail version. Then again, I'm sure previous releases have had a retail version announced at the same time on the weekly email.

It would seem strange for DWRC to be launching a 'retail programme' and then have two releases in a row with no retail release. As I say, I'm hopeful... but it might be false hope.
Not necessarily, Chief. You make some good points and I don't think that the Mondo email blasts always include the announcement of a retail edition even when they are forthcoming. I have a general DWRC question for you or anyone else who wants to chime in. Do DWRC retail versions differ in packaging (OBI, gatefold, etc.) as well as vinyl color or is it simply a variant/color issue.
@Mateo, I believe it varies from release to release. I'm not aware of any OBIs being on 'web' versions and not retail, I think that's consistent (though some Sub versions didn't have them).

Sometimes the packaging is the same, but others not. A while back there were Deluxe versions, which I think had superior packaging than retail. More recently, the one that springs to mind is 'Black Belly...', which was a gatefold cover for the web variant, but the retail had two LPs in a single sleeve.
Transmission launch would be my guess, as it's really the only other place they could end up. Something for the UK/Europe folks to consider before dropping big money on a limited Mondo drop. It is worth noting though that every other title except for the Micalizzi 2LP has received a standard retail pressing (recently on black or a different colored vinyl without a gatefold sleeve).
deafmetal wrote:Transmission launch would be my guess, as it's really the only other place they could end up. Something for the UK/Europe folks to consider before dropping big money on a limited Mondo drop. It is worth noting though that every other title except for the Micalizzi 2LP has received a standard retail pressing (recently on black or a different colored vinyl without a gatefold sleeve).
So all recent DWRC retail copies have had less extravagant packaging? No gatefold or obi?
Mateo Sanboval wrote:]So all recent DWRC retail copies have had less extravagant packaging? No gatefold or obi?
They have obi strips, but I have not seen the gatefold sleeves on a few of the retail editions.
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:]So all recent DWRC retail copies have had less extravagant packaging? No gatefold or obi?
They have obi strips, but I have not seen the gatefold sleeves on a few of the retail editions.
Gotcha. Thanks, Deaf.
By blastman
deafmetal wrote:Transmission launch would be my guess, as it's really the only other place they could end up. Something for the UK/Europe folks to consider before dropping big money on a limited Mondo drop. It is worth noting though that every other title except for the Micalizzi 2LP has received a standard retail pressing (recently on black or a different colored vinyl without a gatefold sleeve).
Problem is if you decide to hold back and then find there aren't any for the Transmission launch after (or they're only available in-store, which is the only way t get some Mondo variants form Transmission at the moment, I think).
blastman wrote:
Problem is if you decide to hold back and then find there aren't any for the Transmission launch after (or they're only available in-store, which is the only way t get some Mondo variants form Transmission at the moment, I think).
Only a problem if you absolutely have to have that 1/100 variant. There's still the tri-color and supposedly a (traditionally) more sonically sound black version coming as well. I'm not saying one shouldn't chase the variant, Blastman, it's lovely. Just that there are probably better ways to get this record more affordably than importing from the US especially if the music is of paramount importance.
I was F5-ing the page at noon. At 12:10 I realized we're Tuesday. I need my coffee I guess. Also, I have this theory that Tuesdays are the worst day of the week.

So, I find the stripped version to be better looking than the tricolor, But the main reason to order from MONDO for me is the Gatefold package, which most likely will be single sleeve for retail. So I'll try for the stripped, otherwise I'll go for Tricolor. But really, if I didn't care for the gatefold I'd go with the retail for sure.