Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

NathanLurker wrote:I was F5-ing the page at noon. At 12:10 I realized we're Tuesday. I need my coffee I guess. Also, I have this theory that Tuesdays are the worst day of the week.

So, I find the stripped version to be better looking than the tricolor, But the main reason to order from MONDO for me is the Gatefold package, which most likely will be single sleeve for retail. So I'll try for the stripped, otherwise I'll go for Tricolor. But really, if I didn't care for the gatefold I'd go with the retail for sure.
Yep, if that's the case, then it's a bummer. I wish the simpler vinyl didn't more often that not have to come in a simpler package. I choose black because I want to hedge on the side of superior sound, but I'd like it to not be at the expense of the packaging. My guess would be that, unfortunately, the casual customer cares less about the package and vinyl color and more about the price. A single sleeve and black vinyl probably gets that price down meaningfully lower that if they kept the fancier package. Sound quality is paramount for me so I usually wait for retail, but I would pay full freight for the black vinyl in the deluxe sleeve. I recognize that I may very well be the minority in that respect.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will be happy to own this 'first time on vinyl' gem in any form... not sure how the stripes fit in with the movie - perhaps a re-watch is in order, though I do remember like a lot of giallos the film being a tad slow and the music being the best thing about it! :)

Anyway, very happy to see this finally getting a release... think hints were dropped as far back as last summer.
static14 wrote:Does anyone know if we'll have the option to buy it on black vinyl tomorrow? The press release only mentions the colors.
They typically do not sell the retail edition in the Mondo webstore. @Spencer, we could use your input here.
I picked up my retail version of Zombie Holocaust from LITA. Hopefully, this will be the case with The Bloodstained Shadow too. I won't be able to get to the Internet tomorrow afternoon to try to snatch one of these.
Last edited by bpwlogan on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
@Texas- I agree with you on a 1 copy per person limit. It would be nice for people who really wanted to have this rare variant in their collection to be able to get it a a decent price instead of having to get it from some eBay flipper.
Whilst I have no idea what colour and sleeve etc there will be a retail version as its been listed on ROMs catalogue for a month or so (didn't think it was my place to mention before spencer had announced) curious about the stripe tho it would make it one of the smallest print runs on any DW release if it's 50 or 100 my first reaction is its a rejected colour way but not sure at 100 that would be the case . Transmission opening is a good call and perhaps this is how it will go for the future plans split between transmission and mondo website . Exciting times :)
By reddye6
NathanLurker wrote:I was F5-ing the page at noon. At 12:10 I realized we're Tuesday.
I was F5-ing at noon today as well, except I'm in the Eastern time zone.

I was able to get a Dual Stripe one. Although, I'm not as wedded to gatefold sleeves. The art is great, but I'm finding LPs harder to get in them and have them close comfortably. Excuse me while I swoon across my fainting couch.
The minute I saw an extra record on page 7 I jumped to page 2 to grab The Bloodstained Shadow. After checking out I went back for the Wolfmen of Mars album and that showed as sold out for 10 mins but I finally snagged one.
Damn, that was a bloodbath! Fun times. Managed to get the dual stripe Cipriani , everything went crazy fast. Haven't been this stoked for a new release in a good while. Can't wait!!

Grats Spencer on a wicked release Wednesday, looks like y'all sold everything lickety split.
popsick wrote:Anyone else get the 'unfortunately we oversold our allocation' email for the dual striped yet? Thought I had one but now I've been offered the tricolor instead. Darn it!
Eek! That's frustrating. Had three or four labels send me emails like that in January. I hope whichever dickhead listed theirs on eBay for $150 gets a cancellation letter-- how many orders can there be from Carrboro, North Carolina?
texasvinyl wrote:
popsick wrote:Anyone else get the 'unfortunately we oversold our allocation' email for the dual striped yet? Thought I had one but now I've been offered the tricolor instead. Darn it!
Eek! That's frustrating. Had three or four labels send me emails like that in January. I hope whichever dickhead listed theirs on eBay for $150 gets a cancellation letter-- how many orders can there be from Carrboro, North Carolina?
*closes STBC/changes zipcode on eBay*