Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
You're next sold out in 3 hours. 1,000 records in 3 hours has to feel pretty damn good when you are the business. Thanks again Spencer for getting us a great record.

Now drop Dracula AD 1972 and my year will be pretty much made i think :)
By rickyafraid
I really messed up by sitting on that You're Next pre-order. I'm assuming theres absolutely no chance Transmission will even get a handful in so i get another chance..

But for future reference, i didn't know Spencer posted updates on inventory on here - thats handy!
By sonnydexter
totally underestimated the demand for this one, figured an easy purchase when I got in .... damn! :(
By jgibbs4053
I missed out due to work. By any chance did anyone purchase an extra they would like to sell or trade for?
By chiefbrody
Spencer has confirmed a retail version on twitter (he didn't say if black vinyl). Limited to 500 US and 500 EUR. Hope they don't sell out quickly after they sold 1,000 copies in 3 hours yesterday!
By Bezulsqy
I also hoped there would be some copies left so I could combine with other releases to save on shipping. Very bummed that I missed out on this for now. But I'm sure that I will be able to pick this up for a normal price after a while or when the retail release drops.
Can't say Spencer didn't worn us about it selling out this fast :-)
Congrats with another stellar release!
By thenuthouse
Snagged this and finally grabbed The Beyond while I was at it. Glad they decided to launch this while I was futzing around on my lunch break.

PLUS: it's already out for delivery. As in, the mailman has it and is bringing it to my house right now. Solid rollout on this release. Kind of bummed I have plans for this evening.
By wocket
Received this yesterday - talk about fast shipping from Mondo. I have listened to it multiple times today - so great. I'm a big fan of this movie and I have wanted a soundtrack for quite some time. I am very pleased with all of the music on this release, the soundtrack is longer than I expected.

I do have one question - maybe Spencer or someone can answer. When I saw the movie at Fantastic Fest in 2011 -- I remember that one of my favorite soundtrack moments was Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" playing over the end credits. Ironically perfect! However, by the time it was finally released, I believe "Looking For The Magic" ended up over the end credits. I have not been able to find the reason why. Money? Studio preference? Something else? If anybody has the answer, I'd love to finally know.

Regardless of this - I am so happy to finally have this soundtrack and it exceeds my expectations. Great movie, great soundtrack!
By Bezulsqy
I was just listening to the soundcloud bits Mondo posted. Really great. Feel stupid to not have jumped on it...
Any news about the limited to 500US/500EU retail edition?
By chiefbrody
@bez, I've read release dates between 11 March and 25 March for the retail version. I'm waiting on it too, as I decided I'm hoping to get plain old black vinyl whenever I can. Same for Solamente Nero - I've seen March release dates for it too, but no actual preorders.

Ps Amazon's preorder for You're Next is something like £53! Flippers!!
Last edited by chiefbrody on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By XGEEKEDGERX
I missed out on the Mondo variant but managed picked one up for £30 off Discogs. I grabbed the standard black pressing through work (one the of the many perks of working in a record shop) and i've just given it a spin. One of the nicest DW pressing i've heard, super quiet.
By Bezulsqy
Also available through amazon.co.uk for 24,28 pounds (31,2 euro)
And at HHV.de for 42,95 euro!

HHV.de normally is the cheapest retailer I can find, but this is a big difference.

I am going to wait to get this one. Eventually it will be mine :-)
By blastman
Just wondering if anyone else (particularly in UK/Ireland/Europe) is still waiting on this to arrive from Mondo? My copy still hasn't landed, despite the fact that a couple of items ordered later from Waxworks have turned up.