Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Oh finally!

Been waiting for this one to pop up. Do a Adam Winged double feature of this and The Guest!
By chiefbrody
Will this be it's first release on any format? I can't say I remember anything about the score, but I enjoyed the film a lot.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jeez, I'm behind. I've never seen this movie. How is the score? Is this one that folks've been waiting for?
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
The score is fun, synthy and very much a throwback.

The movie is really a ton of fun. very aware and very good at turning tropes on their heads. most importantly though, it does not take itself too seriously at all and really allows you to just enjoy the absurdity of it.
By Mateo Sanboval
Who's in for this? I was glad to finally hear some tracks thanks to the Soundcloud link in today's email blast, but they didn't move the needle too much. I can see the appeal; just not for me right now. What're other folks in here thinking?
By texasvinyl
Not hip to this movie either. Will have to check it out.

Sound clips are good at least to my ear.

Might risk waiting a little bit if only because I continue to stupidly binge on library stuff (this time Diapositive, Riflessi, Situazioni and a couple other)... A few decent titles came out of the woodwork after whatever record fair all the Italian dealers just went to last week. You're Next does look more compelling than Home Alone, Clue and the reissue of La French. Probably will watch the movie first and then decide.
By deathwaltz
I can tell you know this is going to sell out tomorrow, the response to this has been insane .
By Mateo Sanboval
deathwaltz wrote:I can tell you know this is going to sell out tomorrow, the response to this has been insane .
I've noticed that, Spencer. It's why I'm curious about what folks here think especially since I have no background with the film or its score. People on social media are losing their minds.
By Hatter313
I love this movie, and I love this score, it's a moody throwback in the best way. Can't wait for it!
By texasvinyl
deathwaltz wrote:I can tell you know this is going to sell out tomorrow, the response to this has been insane .
I noticed that too, now I really need to watch the movie and see what the hullabaloo is about :)
By deafmetal
I haven't seen the film or heard the score either. The first sample track is very thrilling. I like what I am reading about the descriptions/comparisons.
By Little Walter
This one's going to be on a lot of Top Ten lists in December amidst what's shaping to be a very promising year.
By chiefbrody
Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't see anything - will there be a retail version (like Bloodstained Shadow) or not (like Micalizzi)?
By Little Walter
@chief - Although Spencer hasn't clarified, the e-mail reads "colorway limited to 1,000," so I'm betting a retail stock will follow on black wax.
By Hatter313
snaggeded
By NathanLurker
I'm taking the chance that there will be some left and I'll pick it up when there's another release to add to the cart and combine shipping.

USD, Y U so strong ?
Shipping cost ! Y U so high ?

most likely I'll pick up a retail copy if/when it reaches retail distribution
By Hatter313
deathwaltz wrote:15 left right now

Whoo boy! knocked this one out of the park Spencer!
By chiefbrody
Impressive sales, I'd have thought. I didn't expect people to go wild over this, then I didn't think that about Clue either!

Would love to have got this and the deluxe Lost Themes II today, but international shipping is killing me. It'd cost twice as much as it will at retail, and I just can't justify that for variants or special packaging.

Looking forward to picking it up in the coming months.
By Hatter313
i'm having the same problem with Invada's Hannibal season 3. desperately want the colored wax to match the other volumes, but i can't justify paying double the price they will be in the US. Unfortunately the awesome folks over at Invada did not know yet whether the color variants would be available through LITA eventually, or if it will just be the black.

Since both are still available at LITA even today, i'm hoping it will be the case. Its crazy how expensive international shipping has become, I feel for all the labels that even in today's global economy have to deal with sometimes prohibitive costs preventing their products from getting to overseas customers on both sides of the pond.