Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Jimmy_Mike
Thanks, Spencer. Can you clarify if the Mondo release will include the "Chronicles of the Wasteland" material?
By deathwaltz
^^^^^^^^correct^^^^^
Our is called Chronicles Of The Wasteland as you can see by the sleeve ;)
By MODAREC
I was surprised/gutted Turbo Kid was £30 (£35 with shipping), especially when it is only $35 (£23) on Mondo's site, but I still ordered it despite Xmas being round the corner. Even with the $10 shipping offer that Mondo had on it works out roughly the same price so I bit the bullet and paid it. I've been waiting all year for this release and only grabbed it now as it was the Mondo version. I'd imagine the regular retail version will be cheaper when its out in the new year so that's an option for you.

I agree about prices going up but so have most soundtrack labels this year, its not just DW. Because of the prices In 2015 I've bought maybe 50% of the soundtracks I did in 2014, but what I have bought, I have listened to a lot more than normal.
By deathwaltz
Statochess wrote:So, Transmission have Turbo Kid available. Price - £30!! And £35 for Fez! What is the justification for such prices? Since Deathwaltz moved to Mondo the prices have been slowly climbing upwards. Maybe it's to pay for the new store who knows? But as far as I am concerned enough is enough. I like my vinyl, and I like my soundtracks. But the continual price hikes is simply feeding in to the unattractive fetishisation of soundtracks. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I wasn't aware you knew what we paid for our records inc shipping , taxes and customs fees . We have a set markup we use no other store in the world had Fez . We don't get given records to sell we buy them . Feel free to go and buy Fez for £50+ on discogs .
By texasvinyl
I looked in the moderator log, I don't think anyone deleted a post here, or that would show up in the log.

Also, buying Fez direct from the label would cost almost $60 in the EU before custom fee.
By Red Goblin
Statochess wrote:My last post was removed by Red Goblin - did I touch a nerve or something about your pricing?
Censorship alive and well on STBC - and to think they were looking money to keep this thing going??
Statochess I have not removed your post, I'm not a moderator and I can't remove anything, try to pay more attention.
By deathwaltz
Statochess wrote:My last post was removed by Red Goblin - did I touch a nerve or something about your pricing?
Censorship alive and well on STBC - and to think they were looking money to keep this thing going??
No one removed your post. The only censorship on here is when we delete threads for abuse .

A record costs us as a shop £x we sell it for £xx pounds as you know, it 's a business after all and we have to pay for the shop etc etc . If you don't like the pricing as a a consumer you can go somewhere else and buy them. It's hardly rocket science.

I have paid for this forum out of my own pocket for two years now.. everytime it is upgraded, goes down , needs to change hosting etc etc it all comes out of my pocket.
By reddye6
For those of us who ordered the "Turbo Kid" vinyl via the Indiegogo campaign, I sent them email today for an update. They replied that they are shipping this week, so we should see them soon, starting next week.

I don't know if they've done anything to the vinyl, such as an autograph, to make it more of a special edition. I guess we'll soon see.
By linus
reddye6 wrote:For those of us who ordered the "Turbo Kid" vinyl via the Indiegogo campaign, I sent them email today for an update. They replied that they are shipping this week, so we should see them soon, starting next week.

I don't know if they've done anything to the vinyl, such as an autograph, to make it more of a special edition. I guess we'll soon see.
Thanks for this. Was about to ask them myself.
By reddye6
I got my Indiegogo version tonight. It's the Death Waltz version with nothing extra.
By reddye6
Actually, the Indiegogo version is solid red. Any idea of run numbers?
By reddye6
I created a Discogs page for the Indiegogo version (link). Spencer, how many of the red variant was created?
By monsterworship
Received my IndieGoGo Campaign Turbo Kid on solid red vinyl.

I was not too stoked on them using a thin envelope to mail it to me though. Luckily it was unscathed, though getting it out was a chore.
By XGEEKEDGERX
I think this is one of my favourite scores DW have put out so far, the film was one of my favourites of last year so kudos for getting behind it and getting the vinyl out there.
By Bezulsqy
Two weeks after Mondocon more Turbo Kid...
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2016-10-22 om 08.46.40.png
Schermafbeelding 2016-10-22 om 08.46.40.png (222.39 KiB) Viewed 7216 times
By reddye6
The "Turbo Kid" repress that went up today -- is it the same red as the Indiegogo Special Edition? Or was the Special Edition considered more of a solid red and the repress a translucent red?