Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By invadauk

Spencer - what a scoop..

this looks amazing. will be there with bells on..
By Spun out of control
Not so much F*ck Buttons as f*ck yeah on hearing this news...

Much as I love the existing (unreleased) soundtrack - a collection of classic giallo tracks rather than a score per se - this is very exciting.

Is Amer (arguably even better) going to get the same treatment?

Arghh... why did I let Spencer talk me into buying that expensive library LP? :)
By Hatter313
Every Originals release is so gold man
By texasvinyl
Please, just no more human teeth ::shudders:: grossest packaging 'extra' ever!

Cover looks awesome
By dumaisaudio
So is the entire release exclusive to the event, or just that colorway?
By Hatter313
@texas

White peppercorns man, those were just white peppercorns :)
By deafmetal
This looks great! I really dig the cover art as well.
By NMA
Lovely lovely...
By deathwaltz
Thanks Chaps

I am really trying to push what we do with originals .

Glad people are digging it.

I want to challenge myself , my listeners and my label.

No point relying on easy wins if you ask me.
By NMA
Any-buddy going to the event? If so, could you please get me one copy of the vinyl?

By datadiscs
This is the real deal.
Looks awesome!
By Peek-a-boo
I just noticed that this is the same day as my sisters wedding so there is no chance of me getting to this event.

Would anybody be so kind as to buy me a copy if I transfer them some money? Thanks
By deathwaltz
Anyone attending , I'll be spinning a super rare Italian soundtrack / Library set as well as selling records.
By Spun out of control
Up for pre-order on iTunes... a chance to hear some brief intriguing snippets...

ITUNES

Gonna be very different to the actual soundtrack. Blanck Mass tracks - The Hole - Laura's Blood - sounding strong & dark.
By Spun out of control

Blanck Mass/Ben introducing the movie...

As I remarked to @Liftman and others on the night - the re-score changed the feel of the movie - where the original was very much a homage to giallo movies and their soundtracks, the almost industrial sounding electronica transformed it into something like a David Lynch movie - especially given all the paranoia of the main character and weird goings on...

Great to chat briefly to Ben and Spencer afterwards.... shame no DJ set from either - apparently the manager wanted his mate to DJ instead, which was a bit bizarre given that the evening was about the re-score and album launch.

Hope everyone who wanted a copy got sorted... looked to be plenty left, given that it's a run of 500, should imagine a fair few will show up at Mondo and Transmission.
By deafmetal
Interested in picking up a copy. Hope to see one available somewhere soon.
By popsick
Really enjoyed last night. I hadn't seen the film before and it was a trip! I can see the giallo influence, especially with the leather gloves and flick knives. But there was so many different things going on... it seemed to be a series of disturbing sequences interspersed with moments of dialogue and relative clarity, with the line between reality and nightmares becoming more and more indistinct as the film went on. So yeh, I thought it was fucking great! Some of the imagery used in the film was mind-blowing and the soundtrack really added to the intensity with a lot of heavy synth bass and sections of noise, especially in the long sequences where there was no dialogue. I found it all really gripped me right to the end.

As well as the superb soundtrack package, Spencer had the recent Death Waltz releases for sale, as well as the purple Goblin 4 of a Kind and Wicked City. It was really great to have an event like this in the UK where you could pick up some exclusives, let's hope there are more events like this soon.
By Spun out of control
@popsick wrote: 'It was really great to have an event like this in the UK where you could pick up some exclusives, let’s hope there are more events like this soon.'

Thoroughly agree. There was mention of a Halloween party for the launch of Transmission in October - but would be great to have more home grown events. As said to Spencer, you can't beat buying records direct from the label boss (with the added bonus of avoiding postage charges!)

Also good to hear Zombie Holocaust and the New Barbarians have gone to press and should appear on vinyl in the next couple of months. Probably most excited about the forthcoming Death Waltz CAM re-issues though... some Cipriani mentioned in passing. Blanck Mass also really up for scoring films as a future career direction, so that should be really interesting too and a possible future collab perhaps?
By liftman2013
@Spun It was good to meet you and spend the evening chatting to a fellow forumite
By Spun out of control
Likewise mate, likewise... the evening was a real treat, despite the film plot (or lack of) leaving my brain scrambled. ;)

Found this review from The Guardian (I liked it more than they did, incidentally):

"This hyperstylised horror thriller plays like a feature-length advert for a perfume that would smell like tuberose, leather and rotting meat, with top notes of fake blood and old cheese.

The barely there plot concerns a man Dan Kristensen (Klaus Tange) who returns home from a business trip to find his wife has disappeared. She may have been murdered by someone or something within the gorgeous art nouveau apartment building in which they live. But it's almost impossible to tell what's going on, given the film is nearly all dream sequence, claggy with narrative digressions, flashbacks and freaky visuals, often of vagina-shaped head wounds, extreme close-ups of eyes, and a nipple being scraped with a knife that directors Hélène Cattet and Bruno Forzani like so much they show it six times. A homage to Italian giallo films of the 1970s (see Dario Argento, Mario Bava) was clearly intended, but at least those movies were entertaining, whereas this is just vacuous, pretentious and nasty."

On the other hand this guy reckons "It's a pleasure to behold because it doesn't try to be anything more than a beautiful, troubling trip."FULL REVIEW LINK
By Squee
In case anyone missed out on screening copies, Rough Trade have them in stock right now

Rough Trade UK