Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By nick1972
Cannot wait for this
By deafmetal
Highly recommended. Hook & Pull Gang was one of my favorite albums from last year. I am also interested in hearing how this was edited down. Could potentially be more engaging and less hypnotizing (yet still amazing). Zing.

Also, wish I could check out the tour. I missed both festival screenings last year, but was fortunate enough to pick up the 2LP after the events.
By chiefbrody
Anyone know when this is hitting UK shops? Going to see them in a couple of weeks and want to pick this up. Might just need to go digital on this one to give me time to listen to it a good few times before they play.
By chuck
I just got a shipping confirmation! Holy crap! That was bloody fast!

Edit: not to "oh gawd" this thread or anything. But blimey!
By NMA
I received my shipping confirmation email as well. The fastest so far...
By deafmetal
Less shipping more quipping! Or double-dipping as it were. Tempted to pick up a digital version as well for mobile listening. Good excuse to mix up the 2LP with some dark industrial techno this afternoon.
By MODAREC
@spun I'm waiting to for the retail version to show up in UK stores, hopefully Transmission or Piccadilly. All the other DWO releases bar the TCM re score have done so a week or two after the first drop.
By Peek-a-boo
@spencer be a good chap & let those of us hopeful Death Waltz OG's completists know how to buy this release at the more friendly UK retail price please. Thanks very much, I look forward to buying this release.
By chiefbrody
@peek-a-boo, shipping records has it listed for pre-order (8 June).

LINK
By dumaisaudio
Saw on Twitter that Spencer said this about Law Unit:

"The Law Unit record is a complete rework of Hook & Pull gang, new drums , different recordings and completely different beast. More brutal."

So even if you have Hook and Pull, it's probably worth getting. Cool that it's not just an editing down of that release, looking forward to getting my copy in a few days.
By Hatter313
Anyone know if they are selling prints of that show poster? im all about it!
By Spun out of control
A heads up for anyone going to the London leg of this tour next Monday - had an email last week to the effect that the venue has changed (and gig moved a fair few miles East), from Corsica Studios in Vauxhall to Shacklewell Arms in Dalston...
By Hatter313
Hope it does well enough that they tour the states, would love to catch them live. Good news is I was able to snag one of those tour posters!
By toosoonjunior
I, too, would love it if they toured stateside.
By PentagramVideo
The Shacklewell is a pretty decent spot. Really looking forward to the show on Monday
By Peek-a-boo
I pre-ordered the European vinyl edition from Piccadilly Records who have it in stock soon apparently.
By dumaisaudio
For anyone that has the Hook and Pull Gang release and was hesitant on getting Law Unit, you should buy Law Unit now. I hadn't listened to Hook and Pull Gang since I got it, and while I liked it, it felt a little too spread out, as a lot of double album releases are. Condensing it down to a single album release, and the new drums make it seem like a totally different album, and in my opinion, much more enjoyable. For those who don't have Hook and Pull, I wouldn't bother paying the high prices it's going for, I'd just get Law Unit. My only complaint about the release would be the sleeve and record are very thin feeling, seems like a step back for DW given they've really pushed the boundaries of record releases over the last few years.
By nick1972
Anyone else go to Nottingham last night?

Great performance by the guys including a new track (dunno what it was but sounded great) but pretty much played the whole Lawunit album over the hour they were on.

Nothing for sale which was disappointing as wanted one of those posters.
By Spun out of control
Back in from the London gig - pub was a bit of a sh*thole - and no merchandise on sale as @nick1972 said. Guy on the door told me they'd arrived by public transport so were travelling light.

Grabbed a quick word with Antoni about whether we'd see re-issues of early Giallo Disco releases anytime soon - doesn't sound like it, as he told me the original master pressings had been lost so they would have to start the re-press process from scratch.

I don't know - seemed to me like they deserved a grander setting - I bet the live score to TCM at Mondo Con last year was really something else, something that playing in the back room of a pub couldn't quite match. Was really curious to see them though, so glad my curiosity was satisfied ;)

By sonny
They didn't show up for their Brighton gig!!?? I was gutted...Apparently they were still in Switzerland? Got a refund though and the support acts were good. Don't think they're gonna reschedule too? That's a shame....
By Antoni Maiovvi
Hi everyone,

I'm glad and grateful for all of those who made the shows. Was a bit exhausting for me, Umberto is more used to being on the road than me, but I did have fun, I won't lie.

Posters are on sale from the artist: http://www.chadepolpa.bigcartel.com/

Regarding Brighton, we were stuck in that airport for two hours and then another two hours on the plane. With the 2 hour delay we would have still made it to play, but as it turned out we only arrived in Brighton at 11pm (which was the cut off for the live music) was gutting as I haven't played a concert in Brighton since 2006. It was unbelievably frustrating for us also.

We had 75 copies of the record which I carried in my bag, they went pretty fast, it's a shame that the UK leg was at the very end, everyone who mailed me I mentioned we probably wouldn't have any left by that point, we would have carried more but my back would have suffered (moreso ;) )

So, in other news:

1) we have T-Shirts coming
2) we've already started on another record
3) we will return

Thanks all.
By Ptflea2
Tour the USA again soon (specifically, Florida) :)
By Hatter313
Want a t shirt....snagged one of these from the artists a few weeks back, looks nice framed