Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Red Goblin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:26 am 4 mosche di velluto grigio, today is the day!
Thank you @Goblin for the tracklist! Can you tell us something about the quality? Decent (re)master?

And are there more AMS/Cinevox Argento releases on its way?
By NathanLurker
Deathwaltz are releasing the score of THE LODGE, which I saw last year at Fantasia Festival. It's a great, tense horror drama. I recommend. I don't remember the score that well, it's by the same composers as Autopsy of Jane Doe. All pretty interesting, BUT...

the record is loose in a screen printed poly sleeve :S From a design perspective, it's interesting. Probably not best for the disc though.
By inksb
For those that bought 4 Flies I am curious what the pressing quality is, if you could report back here I'd appreciate it. I was talking to some one this morning on IG and they said their pressing is awful, full of static and pops that even cleaning couldn't remove. I'm hoping he just got a bad copy and it's not an issue with the whole batch. Also should note that I have no idea if this person has the ability to wet clean/vacuum clean his records.
By layneharvey
mine sounded fine, but to be real, i have teenagers and a dumbass loud dog, and only a "decent" setup (less than $1000 if purchased new back in the 80s), so take that for what it's worth.
By havershaw
Mine is nice and quiet. A random crackle here or there.
Nice mastering - it sounds pretty great.
1DD2BF6B-8824-4F08-89B1-E09F82C8DA37.jpeg
1DD2BF6B-8824-4F08-89B1-E09F82C8DA37.jpeg (374.04 KiB) Viewed 7356 times
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:20 am Mine is nice and quiet. A random crackle here or there.
That's good to hear. Didn't DW announce Sette Note in Nero a long time ago? I'd love to add that to my collection.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:01 am
havershaw wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:20 am Mine is nice and quiet. A random crackle here or there.
That's good to hear. Didn't DW announce Sette Note in Nero a long time ago? I'd love to add that to my collection.
Yeah, it's been teased like this since the early days of the label. It's great to see some fresh momentum, but I'll believe it when it actually in my hands. Until then, I've been spinning the 45 or the excellent Beat Records CD release of the full album. Hoping that DW/Mondo go all-out on a vinyl release as it would be the first pressing of the entire album on wax.
By havershaw
I saw a lot of it, probably missed some of the beginning.

I’m trying to recall if there was anything exciting.

Sette Notte was either in progress or finished in Italy, but the plant is shut down over there, so those are delayed and they can’t get them out for the time being.

They’re doing Punch Drunk Love, but it’s awaiting PTA approval and he’s busy making a new movie.

They’re doing That Thing You Do! but it’s also held up.

Someone asked about doing John Williams’ The Lost World and he said he hadn’t seen it in years and didn’t like it much, but that maybe he needs to revisit since they’ve done so much other Jurassic Park stuff (and will likely be doing the new JP film).

They’re doing Nightmare Before Christmas some time later this year.

Freddy vs Jason for sure.

Prince’s Batman is something they’re working on and it’s not terribly imminent, but it’s something they suspect will happen sooner or later.

Someone asked about Videodrome and Spencer said “ah, Videodrome, well there’s going to be a lot more Howard Shore stuff” which sort of seemed like a confirmation? He didn’t say no, anyway.

I’m sure there’s plenty more I’m not remembering. Maybe someone else remembers more.
By inksb
Thanks for the info @havershaw. I suspect a lot of their releases are going to be delayed this year due to this.

The John Williams thing cracks me up. He doesn't want to release it because he remembers the film being bad, yet he has zero qualms releasing the new stuff. I don't hate the new JP films but they are no better than The Lost World.

Nightmare Before Xmas seems like it will be an instant buy for me.
By havershaw
Oh he didn’t say he didn’t want to release it - he just said he hadn’t thought about it and then he said “yeah, ok, maybe I should revisit that one.”

I would love it if they did The Lost World - I always thought it was a great, understated score (comparatively).
By NathanLurker
I might pick up two copies of this. I loved seeing the movie at Fantasia Festival and the music is great. I got the Blu ray last week and revisited the movie. It's probably not for everyone but I loved it.
By ScoJo
Good christ that artwork sucks. Makes the film look like a cheap Italian psycho/psychic shocker or something. Not that there's anything wrong with those... but it's not this movie at all. Such an incredible off-the-wall film deserves much better. I will stick to listening to the score digitally, hard pass.
By NathanLurker
Really ? I don't know, the artwork is not very representative of the movie but it's not ugly, is it ? It's most likely the only vinyl edition coming out of this score. I'm a bit puzzled that this specific artwork would turn you off completely from owning the music on wax. I mean, it's fine, I'm just surprised that you're not hyped for this Scott. You could pull off a custom sleeve for it.
By vinyljunkie
Loved Luz the film but that artwork is just not doing it for me -- its too bad cuz I just listened to the score as I socially distanced walked through my neighborhood and it was PHENOMENAL! Digital for me too...