Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Red Goblin wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 am
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:21 pm Coming this week is DW version of Tenebre, La Setta and Shock.

I am curious about La Setta as it just says music by Pino Donaggio. To my knowledge the only other release of La Setta (The Sect) has been just Donaggio's score on the B-side and the A-side contains other music from the film. If this is all Donaggio's cues, including stuff that wasn't on the original release I'll be ordering this one.
Hi dear friends!
A few info....
Tenebre was printed a year ago and remained in the drawer due to the Waxwork release, published without AMS knowledge (and violating the exclusive license with Cinevox).
Shock has more songs but the bonus tracks are not that great, mostly demos not film versions. The master is the same of the 2015 Cinevox CD. The sound of the 2015 trifolded LP version published by AMS is better (I worked on that master and release).
For La Setta I asked for the still unpublished Donaggio music present in the film but Cinevox replied no. So I thought of making a 10 inch with only Donaggio's score but they didn't agree. At this point I decided to eliminate the songs that were not in the film, keeping only those present in the soundtrack. I had to keep also the Emerson's track because they wanted it (even if it's not in the movie).
Thank you for the info! And great to see you here again! Shame that these releases appear to be a bit more style over substance because Cinevox didn't agree with your wishes.
By inksb
Red Goblin wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 am
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:21 pm Coming this week is DW version of Tenebre, La Setta and Shock.

I am curious about La Setta as it just says music by Pino Donaggio. To my knowledge the only other release of La Setta (The Sect) has been just Donaggio's score on the B-side and the A-side contains other music from the film. If this is all Donaggio's cues, including stuff that wasn't on the original release I'll be ordering this one.
Hi dear friends!
A few info....
Tenebre was printed a year ago and remained in the drawer due to the Waxwork release, published without AMS knowledge (and violating the exclusive license with Cinevox).
Shock has more songs but the bonus tracks are not that great, mostly demos not film versions. The master is the same of the 2015 Cinevox CD. The sound of the 2015 trifolded LP version published by AMS is better (I worked on that master and release).
For La Setta I asked for the still unpublished Donaggio music present in the film but Cinevox replied no. So I thought of making a 10 inch with only Donaggio's score but they didn't agree. At this point I decided to eliminate the songs that were not in the film, keeping only those present in the soundtrack. I had to keep also the Emerson's track because they wanted it (even if it's not in the movie).
Thanks for the info as always and keeping us as informed as possible :)
By Red Goblin
skeletonbutt wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:56 am
Red Goblin wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 amTenebre was printed a year ago and remained in the drawer due to the Waxwork release, published without AMS knowledge (and violating the exclusive license with Cinevox).
that doesn't sound good. were/are there any repercussions for this?
Tension for AMS, irritation for Death Waltz who had to block or postpone some already planned albums. I don't think that Dawn of the Dead, Phenomena, Tenebre, Profondo Rosso and Inferno will be republished by Waxwork. But who knows?
By Bezulsqy
The obi on the soundtrack to Ma says that Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth will be a future release. Not sure if anyone already mentioned that.
How is the soundtrack to Ma actually? Artwork and movie do not look very promising to me.

And on the obi for Trauma there is mention of:
Four Flies On Grey Velvet
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Sette Notto in Nero

edit

Madman has these on the obi:
Sequence Break (never heard of: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5798432/)
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:47 pm The obi on the soundtrack to Ma says that Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth will be a future release. Not sure if anyone already mentioned that.
How is the soundtrack to Ma actually? Artwork and movie do not look very promising to me.

And on the obi for Trauma there is mention of:
Four Flies On Grey Velvet
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Sette Notto in Nero

edit

Madman has these on the obi:
Sequence Break (never heard of: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5798432/)
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought all of those Argento and the Fulci film were announced years ago by Spencer? Maybe we'll finally see them make it production.

As for Sequence Break, I recommend checking out the film. It's a Shudder exclusive so you'll probably have to find a digital file. It's directed by Graham Skipper (actor - Re-Animator the Musical, Bliss, Mind's Eye, Beyond the Gates) and stars Chase Williamson (John Dies at the End, Beyond the Gates). It's a low budget body horror films that revolves around an old arcade machine. It kind of ticks all my boxes, it's not a perfect film but I had a hell of a time watching.
By reddye6
Is the new Joel Grind really sold out as of 1 minute past going live? Hoping it's an error.
By inksb
The fact that I got a shipping notification for a record I ordered on Monday this morning blew me away. I've never seen Mondo ship so fast. They must have their shit together for this free shipping week.

For those that want to sample the Joel Grind album, it's here https://joelgrind.bandcamp.com/album/ec ... ystal-tomb

edit: Just finished listening to it, I think that the album ends quite strong, those last 4-5 tracks are really good.
Last edited by inksb on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By havershaw
I ordered that Mr. Eff “Eyes Down” LP over a month ago. Mondo had shipped other things to me (I think it’s funny that I don’t remember what it was though) but not that.

I finally emailed them three weeks after the fact, and they apologized and said the order had slipped through the cracks, essentially. And it went out that day.
They also just shipped all of the “free shipping” stuff I ordered on Monday. So I guess that’s something.

*update: it was the thoroughly lackluster Shock reissue, which shipped so fast after I ordered that it was gone before Red Goblin told us how much better the other reissue was.
The mastering is really “flat” sounding on it. Not sure how else to describe it.
By Bezulsqy
I was thinking of getting Shock when it hit the UK. But now I see Transmission has it priced at 37 pounds versus the $30 straight from Mondo. I really do love the artwork but this is too much for me to pay (considering I have the Japanese version) and especially after reading this comment from @RedGoblin again:
It is a shame though because when you read a blurb like this: "Definitive vinyl re-issue spIit across 2 LPs including 12 tracks never before released on vinyl, all direct from the Cinevox/AMS archives. 2X 140 Gram CLEAR LP." it sounds like it could be a very good re-issue.
By ScoJo
Seriously tho- I hope they do so for thems that need it, though hopefully a black repress - I originally ditched my colour wax/webstore version cuz it sounded shit and got the retail black which sounds grand. Essential JG expansion!
By Bezulsqy
on the back obi for I Guerrieri dell'anno 2072 it says the following:

I did completely missed that DWRC would re-issue Stelvio Cipriani's score to Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City aka Incubo Sulla Città Contaminata

also In the Folds of the Flesh aka Nelle Pieghe Della Carne

and a re-issue of Cannibal Holocaust?
By inksb
I wonder if they meant to release that before they put out House on the Edge of the Park. I'm pretty sure that's not sold out. That's happened before with them where everything is designed and ready to go but they hit a snag and have to delay the release of the album a year or so.
By chiefbrody
I'm looking at it wondering if their headings are just the wrong way round...

Coming soon - Nightmare City &...
Available - House on the Edge of the Park &...

It is possible they're re-pressing House and Holocaust though.

Edit: plus, I'm pretty happy to see Nightmare City get a release.
By Bezulsqy
chiefbrody wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm I'm looking at it wondering if their headings are just the wrong way round...

Coming soon - Nightmare City &...
Available - House on the Edge of the Park &...

It is possible they're re-pressing House and Holocaust though.

Edit: plus, I'm pretty happy to see Nightmare City get a release.
I think you are right. Must have them the wrong way round.
By inksb
Here we go, DW stepping up to big leagues charging $40 for a double LP.
FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP by Ennio Morricone. Artwork by Luke Insect. Mondo Webstore exclusive pressed on 2X 140 Gram Grey vinyl with an etching on side 4 housed inside a Grey velvet sleeve. Expected to ship 7-10 days. Ships Worldwide. $40

Manic percussion, tense staccato strings, discordant piano riffs, and jazz-rock motifs – this is Il Maestro at his finest. Death Waltz Recording Company is proud to present the definitive release of Ennio Morricone’s score to Dario Argento’s 1972 Giallo classic FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET (a.k.a. 4 MOSCHE DI VELLUTO GRIGIO). Based around a psychologically embattled rock musician who finds himself in extraordinarily mysterious circumstances, Argento’s third film (as well as the last offering of his “Animal Trilogy”) is an excellent example of what the genre has to offer – a true Italian thriller/horror film that is sure to please any discerning genre film aficionado.

"This superb offering by Maestro Morricone, with orchestration by the legendary Bruno Nicolai, features everything a fan of the weird, avant-garde, and macabre could want, including hauntingly beautiful vocals by renowned Italian singer, Edda Dell’Orso. Take heed, dear friends, for a bevvy of sublime sonic sounds will undoubtedly delight your ears. Perfect for late-night listening or for DJing out to an audience of (cult)ivated and dedicated cinephiles, this soundtrack is a beauty to behold. Stunningly packaged with retina pleasing artwork, see how many flies you can spot …on grey velvet" (Alfonso Carrillo, RENDEZVOUS, LA).
Do you guys think this will have any more music on it than the AMS reissue from a few years ago? I assume a handful of you have that one.

By layneharvey
i watched the video that accompanied the newsletter email and they said there are 19 unreleased tracks across 2xLPs (side D etched with flies). also comes in a velvet outer sleeve, so i imagine that bumps the price up a bit.
By inksb
layneharvey wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:11 pm i watched the video that accompanied the newsletter email and they said there are 19 unreleased tracks across 2xLPs (side D etched with flies). also comes in a velvet outer sleeve, so i imagine that bumps the price up a bit.
Interesting, must be a bunch of short tracks. Looks like it's 29 tracks total across 3 sides. I just checked out that video, that velvet outer sleeve going to get real grimy from peoples oily hands touching. I'm definitely more interested knowing there are 19 unreleased tracks on it.

I'll probably pick up the retail version that's coming out in a weeks, Spencer mentioned that at the end of the video