Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
I had a copy of the VS when I was a teenager, but I lost it along with a lot of my other VS titles and it’s one of the ones I haven’t gotten around to repurchasing.

Anyone going to Texas Frightmare?
By Bezulsqy
So, what is the deal with the new Twin Peaks release? I still do not own any copy of the limited series so which one should I get if I was inclined getting one?
By inksb
I would just buy the original release from Rhino if I were you @bez, it's way cheaper and sounds good. Unless you have the other DW releases and want matching artwork it's the same release except there's a higher chance of there being a pressing issue. I recently picked it up on Amazon for $12.

In other Twin Peaks related news I noticed Amazon has S2 pre-order available for June 14th ship date for those of us that missed out on the RSD release of it.
By havershaw
The press release for the Mondo version says that Bernie Grundman supervised the cutting master and that it’s being pressed at QRP. is that exclusive to this version, or was the rhino release also cut by Grundman and pressed at QRP?
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:35 pm The press release for the Mondo version says that Bernie Grundman supervised the cutting master and that it’s being pressed at QRP. is that exclusive to this version, or was the rhino release also cut by Grundman and pressed at QRP?
Grundman mastered the Rhino versions as well. It's their original master. The only reason to buy the DWRC version over the black Rhino is aesthetic. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The Rhino will be the superior pressing.
By havershaw
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:47 pm Grundman mastered the Rhino versions as well. It's their original master. The only reason to buy the DWRC version over the black Rhino is aesthetic. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The Rhino will be the superior pressing.
Ok, thanks for saving me some cash.
I already feel dumb for having two copies of this - the green vinyl and the black one w Badalamenti’s signature card.
By Hatter313
yeah I'm split on this one. i love the uniformity of having it match up with the others, but i also already have the Rhino and there's only so much room in the world and on my shelves. i'll probably skip for now and then ave if there's left over copies at mondocon in September.
By Revolver_OcelScott
As much as I'd love to have the matching set, I can't do $41 bucks for a lesser sounding copy. I'll stick with the black Rhino release. Hopefully Mondo will get the season 2 release from RSD
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:53 pm As much as I'd love to have the matching set, I can't do $41 bucks for a lesser sounding copy. I'll stick with the black Rhino release. Hopefully Mondo will get the season 2 release from RSD
I'm sure they will but Rhino is wide releasing it in June so it will probably next year if at all.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:53 pm As much as I'd love to have the matching set, I can't do $41 bucks for a lesser sounding copy. I'll stick with the black Rhino release. Hopefully Mondo will get the season 2 release from RSD
I'm sure they will but Rhino is wide releasing it in June so it will probably next year if at all.
Also, the RSD Season 2 And More release was $30 and it sounds terrific.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Oh nice, didn't know it was getting wide release. Also hoping for a better cover haha.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm
Oh nice, didn't know it was getting wide release. Also hoping for a better cover haha.
Nothing confirmed yet but the image placeholder on Amazon is the same as the RSD release and some one here confirmed that the artwork was done by the one and only David Lynch so I doubt it's going to be changed.
By havershaw
It’s even written on the jacket that it’s Lynch’s design so yeah, I doubt it will change.

There’s a decent insert in there that I’m using as a cover though, haha.
By Bezulsqy
I noticed today that the Liquid Sky score was released by DWRC. I thought it was a Mondo release for the movie with Tom Cruise. I was mistaken :-)

Anyone with recent DWRC releases and interesting new info on the obi?
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:57 am £43 is a piss take. DW has lost the plot
Which release are you referring to?
Or is it what release are you referring to?

I have to say that 45 pounds for TP 3 through Transmission Records is a lot. I see it costs 43 on Amazon.co.uk. Is that the one @Max?
I see the Rhino release on black wax can be had for 13,68 pounds! Did not realize.
I do like the DWRC artwork. And I still have the idea of getting every DWRC release at one point. Although I am constantly questioning why I should or even why I want that.
As with the other labels I only go for one variant of a release. Unless there is a good case for getting another. *thank you comparison corner!*
Also I want the Japanese release. And a 7". Also a handmade @ScoJo version if possible.
Fuck, collection stuff is hard work!
By DigitalHiss
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:46 pm spinning Jungle Trap yesterday reminded me that DWRC is going to release the score to Faces of Death and Frankenstein 80 soon

also Jungle Trap is really good and a cheap buy on Discogs. around $10 or 12 pounds from brother @frozeneyeball

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10660546?ev=rb
Is frozeneyeball a member here? I've been eyeballing (!) the copy of Pentagram Home Video - Slumber they've got for sale for a long time but just can't pull the trigger..
By deafmetal
DigitalHiss wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:55 pm Is frozeneyeball a member here? I've been eyeballing (!) the copy of Pentagram Home Video - Slumber they've got for sale for a long time but just can't pull the trigger..
Yes, he is a member, but does not post very often.
By Bub
New Death Waltz titles on sale Wednesday...

Dario Argento's TRAUMA - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP. Music by Pino Donaggio

THE CHURCH - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP. Music by Keith Emerson & Goblin

Spencer mentions Philip Glass on IG but according to Red Goblin it will not contain "Floe". The tracks on Side A appear to be the same as the AMS reissue from 2015.

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music- ... tro-titles

TRAUMA_FC_1024x1024.jpg
TRAUMA_FC_1024x1024.jpg (101.13 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
THE_CHURCH_FC_1024x1024.jpg
THE_CHURCH_FC_1024x1024.jpg (121.07 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.05.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.05.27 PM.png (24.3 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.05.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.05.47 PM.png (31.01 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
By inksb
I like the foil titles on the covers, they look really nice. I've never seen Trauma so I have no clue what the soundtrack sounds like, any input on that one?

I enjoy The Church soundtrack, at this point it looks like you pick either or for releases as they are the same track list just different artwork. The 2015 reissue is pretty easy to find for MSRP, which is the same as the new Mondo version.
By NathanLurker
oh, interesting. I have the '89 pressing and it has ''floe'' by Martin Goldray, ''Go To Hell '' by Zooming On The Zoo and ''The Wire Blaze'' by Definitive Gaze, which are NOT on the 2015 pressing (which I don't have). If the DWR edition has the same tracklist as the 2015 pressing, it has Goblin's ''La Chiesa(suite)'',''Suspence Chiesa 1'' and ''Suspence Chiesa 2'' .

Therefore, I double dip.
By Bub
I've never seen Trauma either but from the sounds of it, it's what you would expect from Donaggio. It's looks & sounds great but I'm probably gonna hold off for now. And I already own The Church from 2015 so I won't be double dipping unless I find it for dirt cheap later one.