Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Peek-a-boo
I got the book but it’s not signed as was advertised. I emailed Rough Trade and they said none were. They put in a lenticular book mark to compensate. Packaging is quite neat!
By Revolver_OcelScott
Peek-a-boo wrote:I got the book but it’s not signed as was advertised. I emailed Rough Trade and they said none were. They put in a lenticular book mark to compensate. Packaging is quite neat!
I didn't get a tracking number, did you? Or did it just arrive?
By inksb
DW is releasing Hunter Complex's album Open Sea this Wednesday at the usual time. For those curious in hearing it ahead of time they have it posted on the Mondo/DW bandcamp. Link below. It's not bad, I'm digging it although I'm going to try and get Burning Tapes new LP if I can rather than this one. Only have the budget for one LP this week.

https://mondotees.bandcamp.com/album/open-sea
By Peek-a-boo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:
Peek-a-boo wrote:I got the book but it’s not signed as was advertised. I emailed Rough Trade and they said none were. They put in a lenticular book mark to compensate. Packaging is quite neat!
I didn't get a tracking number, did you? Or did it just arrive?
It just arrived.
By Hatter313
I hope expanded, I’ve got his most recent repress and had an DW OG That I have to a friend when the deluxe came out, but this is a top score for me and I want more haha
By inksb
I know about the DW original, what was the repress? It's one of my favorite Carpenter scores but I don't have it on vinyl yet.
By havershaw
inksb wrote:I know about the DW original, what was the repress? It's one of my favorite Carpenter scores but I don't have it on vinyl yet.
The original was in 2012 and the artwork was enclosed in a kind of a circle.
They repressed it in 2013 and 2014 without the circle.
(borrowed some pics from Discogs)
As far as I know, there has never been any change to the track listing - it’s always been the same as the original.
Attachments
4EDD323E-38B5-40A8-BDF0-83846E612309.jpeg
4EDD323E-38B5-40A8-BDF0-83846E612309.jpeg (101.86 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
6590DEA3-2E28-4FA1-A4B6-74ED72EDA835.jpeg
6590DEA3-2E28-4FA1-A4B6-74ED72EDA835.jpeg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
By havershaw
You know, weirdly, they’ve never made one in a green vinyl, so maybe this is just a new color repress. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if it gets new art too.

There does appear to be a black vinyl repress where they changed everything on the cover that was blue to green. Weird.
By scottydoo
had the PHV on loads today loving it , would straight buy it on bandcamp so i can keep listening but guess the lp will come with download so will hang on .... maybe
By Hatter313
He hasn’t disappointed yet
By havershaw
I’m coming late to PHV but I really dug hearing the new one on Bandcamp, so I ordered this one and the previous one. Can’t wait to hear em both on vinyl.
By deafmetal
The new PHV is a treat -- some straight-up acid house thumpers peppered throughout this one.

re: PoD - pardon my colored vinyl interest here, but this looks perfect:

By inksb
If any record required a color pressing like that it's POD. As long as it's quiet I'm fine. Who am I kidding I'll be ordering that thing immediately
By inksb
Prince of Darkness this wednesday at the usual time on Mondo. I am not a fan of the artwork. The crosses don't do much for me, I don't like the font they used it looks like they were trying to pay homage with out actually using that font. It's not great. Now this may seem like a minor complaint but it's a very basic aspect of design that they seemed to have missed. The objects in the image have shadows, source of light is coming from the bottom left of the image, all of the shadows are larger on the top right side of each cross. The title text has a shadow too, except it goes to the top left. It was the first thing I noticed and it makes me feel like there is minimal proofing going on here on this release. I would have been that dick head creative director who drew big arrows digitally on the work and sent it back saying fix the shadows. lol.

By ScoJo
Shadows aside.... this art treatment is a total wash for me I'm afraid. If someone can convincingly tell me what this image has (specifically) to do with the movie, I'll follow Herzog's lead and eat my shoe.
By static14
ScoJo wrote:Shadows aside.... this art treatment is a total wash for me I'm afraid. If someone can convincingly tell me what this image has (specifically) to do with the movie, I'll follow Herzog's lead and eat my shoe.
The basement with the jar o’ devil juice is plastered wall to wall with crucifixes.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote:Prince of Darkness this wednesday at the usual time on Mondo. I am not a fan of the artwork. The crosses don't do much for me, I don't like the font they used it looks like they were trying to pay homage with out actually using that font. It's not great. Now this may seem like a minor complaint but it's a very basic aspect of design that they seemed to have missed. The objects in the image have shadows, source of light is coming from the bottom left of the image, all of the shadows are larger on the top right side of each cross. The title text has a shadow too, except it goes to the top left. It was the first thing I noticed and it makes me feel like there is minimal proofing going on here on this release. I would have been that dick head creative director who drew big arrows digitally on the work and sent it back saying fix the shadows. lol.

As a fellow creative director myself...100% on this whole post. I LOVE the wax treatment, but I'm less than thrilled with the sleeve design, and there is some strange lighting going on for sure. I didn't notice the shadows issue at first, but the font choice is really odd. its ALMOST his usual font, but not entirely. I'm a little confused about this pressing, is it the same as the previous? i might skip if thats the case, but if it is a new remaster then i'll pick up for sure.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:The objects in the image have shadows, source of light is coming from the bottom left of the image, all of the shadows are larger on the top right side of each cross. The title text has a shadow too, except it goes to the top left.
Well, Satan is the Lord of Shadow, right? Maybe he's just that good, messing with your perception from another dimension.