Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By bpwlogan
I'm really not that interested but the EWS release from Mondo/Death Waltz will have a black vinyl release that you can choose on their site so that's good news. I've never had many problems with their black vinyl.
By Bezulsqy
Yesterday I watched Incubo/Nightmare City for the first time. And as some of you know there is no biohazard sign nor a gas mask anywhere in that movie.
The cover of the DWRC Nightmare City is a strange one because of that. I made me wonder if the artist actually had seen the movie...
I am thinking she did a google search and found this as inspiration:
https://www.roughhousepublishing.com/bl ... ini-street

Great score though!

By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:46 am Yesterday I watched Incubo/Nightmare City for the first time. And as some of you know there is no biohazard sign nor a gas mask anywhere in that movie.
The cover of the DWRC Nightmare City is a strange one because of that. I made me wonder if the artist actually had seen the movie...
I am thinking she did a google search and found this as inspiration:
https://www.roughhousepublishing.com/bl ... ini-street

Great score though!

Sherlock Bez does it again.

That's....hilarious.
By Bezulsqy
TG made a comment on the latest episode of the Tony & Scott podcast that made me think. He said something like he did not remember a recent other DWRC score he bought besides Nightmare City. I immediately thought that the reason was obvious: DWRC has not released a lot of stuff in the last year because of the pandemic.

Discogs has 5 titles with a date of 2021 but two of those went up in 2020 and shipped in 2021

October 2020: Possessor (shipped in February 2021)
November 2020: Eyes Wide Shut (shipped in January 2021)
January 2021: Saint Maud (shipped in June 2021)
March: Nightmare City (shipped around time of release)
March: Happily (shipped around first half of June)

There were more releases under the Mondo banner, but not sure if they all shipped already.

I see on the back of the obi for Happily these three releases are mentioned:
Monsterland
Mainstream
Bram Stockers's Dracula

obi We Are Still Here:
Freddy VS Jason
Halloween 6
By Bezulsqy
334578rpm wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:02 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:05 pm obi We Are Still Here:
Freddy VS Jason
Halloween 6
Spencer recently mentioned on FB that these are both 2022 releases.
Well, Faces of Death would be released ‘soon’ a long long time ago.

Nothing is certain :-)
By Hatter313
Been waiting on that bram stokers Dracula for a while now. I passed on the recent reissue to see the DW package, but it’s a favorite of mine so fingers crossed they did a nice job
By Hatter313
The perfection of that gif right now is…words fail me.
By Revolver_OcelScott
334578rpm wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:02 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:05 pm obi We Are Still Here:
Freddy VS Jason
Halloween 6
Spencer recently mentioned on FB that these are both 2022 releases.
Damn, was really hoping Halloween 6 would be this year. They had said last year it was coming 2021, but COVID and all I'm sure held it up.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 pm Wendy Carlos lives.

I'm guessing that "Rocky Mountains" is on the B-side.
Pretty sure that is correct. I think I saw Spencer confirm that in the responses
By deafmetal
Well, I have to say it makes my fkn head spin to see things like this. The 7" labels have WB/Watertower logos on them, so what do you all make of that? It would seem that WB still has the distribution license for Wendy Carlos' tracks as shown here, so why not the rest of the soundtrack album? Who botched the licensing for the library tracks used in the film and on the original OST? How is there not an entire book written on this subject yet? lol

I will go to my grave obsessing about this film and soundtrack.
By deafmetal
The Shining 7" with the two Wendy Carlos & Rachel Elkind tracks are now up for preorder in the mondo shop. I suppose this fits somewhere in the "how would you like to be punished?" area of the collector realm. "Ah... Overlook Hotel carpet tri-color, please."
By NathanLurker
I'm passing on the Shining 7" because I have an japanese edition of the soundtrack already. Don't see the point in getting a single. Otherwise I'd pick one up. Anyone checked out the Art of Soundtrack panel ? Any Deathwaltz titles teased ?
By havershaw
Yeah I have the original WB issue and then this…other one…coming soon. Cannot imagine why I would need these.

Of all the colored vinyl gimmicks I can’t deal with (I can handle a lot of them), split color vinyl is just the worst. You *always* hear a noise difference from color to color.
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:02 pm Of all the colored vinyl gimmicks I can’t deal with (I can handle a lot of them), split color vinyl is just the worst. You *always* hear a noise difference from color to color.
100% accurate. Yeuch.
By layneharvey
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:14 pm 8.95 media mail shipping for a 7inch. Come on Mondo. Guess I'm sticking with the Blow Out Records release.
how did i miss out on this Blow Out Records Shining release? i assume that is run by someone here? my fault for being so hit and miss around these parts, i guess.
By Bezulsqy
NathanLurker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:39 pm I'm passing on the Shining 7" because I have an japanese edition of the soundtrack already. Don't see the point in getting a single. Otherwise I'd pick one up. Anyone checked out the Art of Soundtrack panel ? Any Deathwaltz titles teased ?
Watching it now.

New releases are shown around the 35 minute mark.

Burning Witches Records:
- Let us Pray - OST by Steve Lynch (end of year)
- The Descent - David Julyan (early next year)
- The Stylist (in 2 or 3 weeks)

Ship To Shore (Video Game Soundtracks)
- Viewtiful Joe (next week)
- Power Stone

Enjoy The Ride
- Trading Places - Elmer Bernstein (early next year, maybe end this year)
- Psychos in Love (working together with Vinegar Syndrome) (August or September this year)
- Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution (also with Vinegar Syndrome)

Tiger Lab
- Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor (next week) 1st of 3 or 4 Kaiji records
- Redline (Fall)
- Death Note Box set artwork shown
- Initial D

Milan
- FLCL - season 1 vol 2
- My Hero Academia - season 5
- Minamata - Ryuchi Sakamoto
- Annette - Sparks (already out in France)
- The Green Knight - Daniel Hart
- Mondo collab: Titane - Jim Williams & Gunpowder Milkshake & Mainstream (Gia Coppola movie)

Mondo & DWRC
- The Suicide Squad
- Full Metal Jacket (DW172)
- Mission Impossible Box Set Vol 1. with Ghost Protocol
- Godzilla soundtrack series begins in a few weeks starting with Return of Godzilla, followed by Godzilla VS Destroyah (also artwork for Space Amoeba and Matango is talked about (not shown)) (17 or 18 Toho titles in total - also non Godzilla)
- Ghostbusters 2
- Hook (November)
- Up
- another Star Wars (not Mandalorian)
- and another Disney title
By inksb
Thanks @bez! It's nice to see everything in one place. Nothing I'm overly thrilled about. Tiger Lab's Death Note box set seems quite problematic to me, it has a big cutout on the edge that everything loads into. It seems like it will be very easy to catch on stuff while putting it on the shelf. I'm not sure if I'd even buy that as I didn't enjoy the first 2LP set. Burning Witches is a label I used to love but haven't even really liked a release since the Fife/Repeated Viewing LP or Hunter Complex (not sure which one was last).
By Revolver_OcelScott
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm Tiger Lab
- Initial D

Mondo & DWRC
- Godzilla soundtrack series begins in a few weeks starting with Return of Godzilla, followed by Godzilla VS Destroyah (also artwork for Space Amoeba and Matango is talked about (not shown)) (17 or 18 Toho titles in total - also non Godzilla)

Did they give any specifics on The Initial D release? Did they say if it were the score or some of the Eurobeat tracks. Man I'd pay a HUGE price if it includes some of the Eurobeat tracks

And also, interesting on the Godzilla releases after Waxworks' bug box set.
By Bezulsqy
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:44 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm Tiger Lab
- Initial D

Mondo & DWRC

Did they give any specifics on The Initial D release? Did they say if it were the score or some of the Eurobeat tracks. Man I'd pay a HUGE price if it includes some of the Eurobeat tracks

And also, interesting on the Godzilla releases after Waxworks' bug box set.
No other info on Initial D.

The Godzilla stuff has been talked about a lot last year. DWRC are releasing the Heisei Era Godzilla scores starting with Return of Godzilla (1984). Not sure why they are following that one up with the last of the series: Godzilla VS Destroyah (1995) in stead of doing it chronologically.
DWRC mentioned releasing these scores around the same time that Waxwork announced the Showa Era set.