Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
As best I can gather:

Zombi 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters - remastered 2015 (new art, obi)
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue - reissued 2017 (newish art, obi)
Prince of Darkness - reissued 2014 (full bleed, obi)
Halloween II - remastered 2014 (full bleed, obi)
-reissued 2018 (new art, obi)
Halloween III - remastered 2014 (full bleed, obi, extra tracks)
- reissued 2018 (new art, obi)
They Live - reissued in 2014 (same art, obi)
The Beyond - remastered in 2015 (new art, obi) *originally Mondo
Maniac (1981) - reissued in 2016 (new art, obi) *originally Mondo
What else was reissued? Remastered? Were any other LPs reissued with extra cuts like H3?
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
skeletonbutt wrote:Maniac got a rerelease, not sure if it was remastered, but I don't think so.
Good call, Skel. Another Mondo to DWRC special.
By Mateo Sanboval
jgibbs4053 wrote:Is Halloween a remastered or just a Mondo to DW reissue?
It's supposedly a totally new master with a different tracklist. I'm not sure what I'd consider that honestly. And is the new reissue DWRC or Mondo? I never even thought to check.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
It's supposedly a totally new master with a different tracklist. I'm not sure what I'd consider that honestly. And is the new reissue DWRC or Mondo? I never even thought to check.
Pics on Mondo's website show the Death Waltz logo on them and you can kind of make out a DW spine number on the shot of the back.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Pics on Mondo's website show the Death Waltz logo on them and you can kind of make out a DW spine number on the shot of the back.
Props.
By Mateo Sanboval
Mateo Sanboval wrote:As best I can gather:

Zombi 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters - remastered 2015 (new art, obi)
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue - reissued 2017 (newish art, obi)
Prince of Darkness - reissued 2014 (full bleed, obi)
Halloween II - remastered 2014 (full bleed, obi)
-reissued 2018 (new art, obi)
Halloween III - remastered 2014 (full bleed, obi, extra tracks)
- reissued 2018 (new art, obi)
They Live - reissued in 2014 (same art, obi)
The Beyond - remastered in 2015 (new art, obi) *previously Mondo
Maniac (1981) - reissued in 2016 (new art, obi) *previously Mondo
Halloween (1978) - new master in 2018 (new art, new obi, new tracklist) *previously Mondo
What else was reissued? Remastered? Were any other LPs reissued with extra cuts like H3?
By Bezulsqy
According to a comment by Spencer on his Instagram page the first week of December some more copies of A Quiet Place will be put online. I am guessing this is together with the annual free shipping/holiday special Mondo/DWRC does.
What other sold out titles from the past year are there?
I have not bought a lot of titles other than the Halloween bundle but I do want to pick up A Quiet Place directly from them.

Edit. I am looking on Discogs to see what was released in 2018. And I am noticing this for Fuga Del Bronx:
Release page to differentiate black vinyl pressing from coloured vinyl pressing. Both pressings share the same catalogue number, artwork, and obi strip. Information from physical copy as well as distributor's press release which discerned that 150 black vinyl copies were pressed in addition to the 500 coloured pressings.
Can someone confirm this? If that is true I am guessing it is true for more releases.
By Hatter313
Spencer teasing new twin peaks season 3 release....come on man, I'm looking for house here.
By havershaw
But Death Waltz didn’t put out the S3 soundtracks originally, did they? I thought it was Rhino.
Also, I feel like they put out a bunch of variants of those S3 soundtracks (black, colored, picture disc), and I don’t know if they sold well. I can tell you, at several of my local record stores, there are always 4-5 copies of each variant sitting on the shelf.

I’m hoping it’s maybe S2 and More (which never got a vinyl release) or maybe stuff from the archive that was released on Lynch’s site.

I can’t imagine there’s much more money to be wrung out of the existing S3 tracklisting, anyway. I’m a giant TP fan but I wouldn’t buy another version of those.
By Hatter313
It was a gif of season 3, but I agree I’d much prefer a wax release of season 2 and more, or the archive stuff (I want it all haha)

There’s been so many releases for season 3, plus the dean Hurley sound design stuff from sacred bones that I want them to release in physical format.

Unlike you though, I probably will buy it even if it is a season 3 release. I’m a sucker when it comes to certain properties, and TP is probably chief among them.
By Mateo Sanboval
Season 2 And More and the Archive tidbits, please. The Warner/Rhino season 3 score and soundtrack were both already excellent though I'm sure a DWRC matching package would sell well for them.

PS - And seconding the Dean Hurley stuff as well. Love it.
By Hatter313
New they live pressing coming soon if the fabric square that came with my Batman is to be believed. I imagine just an art update but we’ll see.

I’d love for them to expand EFNY soon too
By Hatter313
Wait, hang on, this just came back to me but I need cult or little Walter to chime in here since I know they were there at that panel with me. At the last mondocon spencer had talked about how they had a packaging idea they were working on where a plastic outer sleeve would act as the glasses and when you pulled it out of the plastic it showed just “regular” view, and now I can’t remember if that was a “we wanted to do this” or if it was a tease and this is what’s happening. That was November of 17 so it’s a little fuzzy.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:Wait, hang on, this just came back to me but I need cult or little Walter to chime in here since I know they were there at that panel with me. At the last mondocon spencer had talked about how they had a packaging idea they were working on where a plastic outer sleeve would act as the glasses and when you pulled it out of the plastic it showed just “regular” view, and now I can’t remember if that was a “we wanted to do this” or if it was a tease and this is what’s happening. That was November of 17 so it’s a little fuzzy.
I remember you posting about this. The plot thickens...
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Hatter313 wrote:Wait, hang on, this just came back to me but I need cult or little Walter to chime in here since I know they were there at that panel with me. At the last mondocon spencer had talked about how they had a packaging idea they were working on where a plastic outer sleeve would act as the glasses and when you pulled it out of the plastic it showed just “regular” view, and now I can’t remember if that was a “we wanted to do this” or if it was a tease and this is what’s happening. That was November of 17 so it’s a little fuzzy.
I remember you posting about this. The plot thickens...
When you first mentioned that they'd teased 'something very cool' for the repress of this, what you describe is EXACTLY what came into my head (as I've looked into doing a sleeve like this myself, of course heh heh...)

All I can say is - I'll bet it's Alan Hynes behind it, and I hope they figured it out cuz I'd jump right on this!!
By Hatter313
Wait I did tease about this last year? I’ll have to go back through the thread hahahaha
By Hatter313
Lol I’m an idiot I just looked back at the mondocon thread. I remembered the concept but completely forgot that we actually saw a teaser of it.

Yeah, it’s gonna be awesome
By havershaw
I guess it makes sense that the THEY LIVE cloth patch that came with the Batman vinyl is an eyeglass cleaning cloth, right?

I wonder if they intended it that way, or if I just know what it is because I buy those constantly (I lose them all the time).
By Hatter313
havershaw wrote:I guess it makes sense that the THEY LIVE cloth patch that came with the Batman vinyl is an eyeglass cleaning cloth, right?

I wonder if they intended it that way, or if I just know what it is because I buy those constantly (I lose them all the time).

Oh hell thats exactly what it is, that’s awesome!
By 334578rpm
Bezulsqy wrote:
Hatter313 wrote:New they live pressing coming soon if the fabric square that came with my Batman is to be believed. I imagine just an art update but we’ll see.

I’d love for them to expand EFNY soon too
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrAi4GKl7Nf/

I think a book is going to be released.
Book is up for preorder:
http://roughtradebooks.com/books/they-l ... l-edition/