Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Coming this week is DW version of Tenebre, La Setta and Shock.

I am curious about La Setta as it just says music by Pino Donaggio. To my knowledge the only other release of La Setta (The Sect) has been just Donaggio's score on the B-side and the A-side contains other music from the film. If this is all Donaggio's cues, including stuff that wasn't on the original release I'll be ordering this one.
By Bub
They usually show the backs of the jackets too so the tracks are visible. Of course, they didn't this time. I'm in for The Shock seeing as it will have 12 additional tracks. Not sure if I'll be getting it right away though.
By layneharvey
Curious about Tenebre, because i already have Waxwork's version that came out recently which seemed to be pretty expansive, as well as a Cinevox repress (although damn, the DW artwork looks pretty solid). i'll wait til i can see the tracks for this one, but i will definitely be grabbing La Setta (love Donaggio!) and Shock, as I never picked that one up last time it was re-issued.
By inksb
Spencer replied to my query

Looks like the same tracks just mixed up a bit

edit:
Looks like they dropped
Brent Mason - Don't Leave Me Alone
Marion Williams - Oh Happy Day
Joe Diffie - Comin Back To Me Now
Attachments
the sect.png
the sect.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 6285 times
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:48 pm Spencer replied to my query

Looks like the same tracks just mixed up a bit

edit:
Looks like they dropped
Brent Mason - Don't Leave Me Alone
Marion Williams - Oh Happy Day
Joe Diffie - Comin Back To Me Now
Yep, looks like I'll be sticking with my original cinevox.
By Bub
Nice one Inks. I imported La Setta earlier this year so I think I'm gonna stick with that for now. I'm having an internal battle about Tenebre but I'm guessing the track listing will be the same as the Cinevox release since it appears to be 1xLP
By ScoJo
Not to be a dick, but do people really like that Halloween 6 score? I find it hard to believe but hey, different strokes. I personally think it is truly horrible! ;-)
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:15 pm Not to be a dick, but do people really like that Halloween 6 score? I find it hard to believe but hey, different strokes. I personally think it is truly horrible! ;-)
I feel like it may be more a completionist thing. But maybe people like it
By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:15 pm Not to be a dick, but do people really like that Halloween 6 score? I find it hard to believe but hey, different strokes. I personally think it is truly horrible! ;-)
I have a big soft spot for Halloween 6, it was the first one I was able to see in theaters. The score, while not remarkable I think is up there with some of the later installments. Also, my hope is it would have some of the cut titles from the producers cut.
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:39 pm
I have a big soft spot for Halloween 6, it was the first one I was able to see in theaters. The score, while not remarkable I think is up there with some of the later installments. Also, my hope is it would have some of the cut titles from the producers cut.
That's entirely fair enough, squire- of course I've heard similar things from peeps about 'lesser/bad' entries in all three of the big franchise horror series... really makes a difference when and how you were first exposed to these flicks, especially in the theatre. I mean, I actually know someone who's favourite NOES is Part 5, similarly because it was his first. I mean, can you imagine?? ;)
Last edited by ScoJo on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:16 pm
That's entirely fair enough, squire- of course I've heard similar things from peeps about 'lesser/bad' entries in all three of the big franchise horror series... really makes a difference when and how you were first exposed to these flicks, especially in the theatre. I mean, I actually know someone who's favourite NOES is Part 5, similarly because it was his first. I mean, can you imagine?? ;)
Just imagine that there is a person out there who thinks F13th pt8 is their favorite bc they saw it first
By layneharvey
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Just imagine that there is a person out there who thinks F13th pt8 is their favorite bc they saw it first
i mean, Jason X is pretty badass...
By inksb
layneharvey wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:52 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:21 pm

i mean, Jason X is pretty badass...
I'd rather watch X over 8 :P
By Hatter313
I’d be more ok with someone favoring 8 than I would 9. I’m still not agreeing with them, but it’s palatable
By Bezulsqy
I will get all of these new DWRC releases + Buio Omega but not directly from Mondo. I'll wait till they appear in the UK. I still need to watch Shock and La Setta for the first time...
By Revolver_OcelScott
Haha, I enjoy pretty much all of the F13th movies up til Jason goes to hell. They are all fun in their own way, with varying levels of creativity and enjoyment. Jason X I remember going to in senior year of high school/start of college with like 12 friends and even though I didn't care for the movie the theater was going crazy by how silly the movie was at points.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 pm Jason X rules. Friday 5 is a flaming bag.
Now we fight @mateo !!!

I used to hate Friday 5 but I've come around to over the last few years. It's still bottom tier but it's so sleezy and strange I enjoy it. I can honestly say the only one I really hate is part 8, I don't like Jason Goes to Hell, it's a complete failure but they tried something different. I still need to watch the uncut version with some of the gore added back in that the MPAA cut out.
By Red Goblin
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:21 pm Coming this week is DW version of Tenebre, La Setta and Shock.

I am curious about La Setta as it just says music by Pino Donaggio. To my knowledge the only other release of La Setta (The Sect) has been just Donaggio's score on the B-side and the A-side contains other music from the film. If this is all Donaggio's cues, including stuff that wasn't on the original release I'll be ordering this one.
Hi dear friends!
A few info....
Tenebre was printed a year ago and remained in the drawer due to the Waxwork release, published without AMS knowledge (and violating the exclusive license with Cinevox).
Shock has more songs but the bonus tracks are not that great, mostly demos not film versions. The master is the same of the 2015 Cinevox CD. The sound of the 2015 trifolded LP version published by AMS is better (I worked on that master and release).
For La Setta I asked for the still unpublished Donaggio music present in the film but Cinevox replied no. So I thought of making a 10 inch with only Donaggio's score but they didn't agree. At this point I decided to eliminate the songs that were not in the film, keeping only those present in the soundtrack. I had to keep also the Emerson's track because they wanted it (even if it's not in the movie).
By skeletonbutt
Red Goblin wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 amTenebre was printed a year ago and remained in the drawer due to the Waxwork release, published without AMS knowledge (and violating the exclusive license with Cinevox).
that doesn't sound good. were/are there any repercussions for this?