Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
I hope I will find a way to obtain these RSD releases without being ripped off :/
By zuko
Dang! Thought it was too good to be true :D
By AndreasEldritch
Got this today for RSD. Pricey! Had to pay £30

I know the music is amazing already - and artwork fantastic - but note quality of the sleeve isn't as good as pre-mondo era dw.
By dumaisaudio
Got this one, along with the Goblin 7" and Shogun Assassin. Hope to find Nightsatan online for a good price.
By deathwaltz
I changed the sleeves a while back. I really love the reverse board sleeves so that is what we are sticking with.
By Occhionero
I have had no expectations cause never heard about the film or the score. After the first listen: really beautiful score on a perfect clear sounding wax.

Now, I need to check the movie...
By texasvinyl
Totally agree, not familiar at all with the film but really enjoyed this score. Oddly enough some of the dramatic parts almost reminded me of Zimmer's work for the Batman movies (minus the action drums!). Disc looks great too.

Didn't go for Night Satan as much. that one is just too synthy for me.
By chuck
Finally watched the film last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. The relationship between the cops is excellent and there's a comedic edge that I wasn't expecting. I was definitely cringing in parts but I think I laughed out loud more than I felt uncomfortable. Totally recommend it!

I've been listening to the score digitally for almost a year now (since Spence mentioned the film) and it's definitely right up my street. Plenty of dark, moody, dramatic strings and it's lovely to finally be able to spin the vinyl. Thanks to Spence for continually recommending such films that would more than likely pass me by and for taking chances on releasing the scores and packaging them beautifully. Great film, great score!
By Garmonbozia
Big Bad Wolves far exceeded my expectations
By Aremagod
@texas I can not fathom too synthy....I'm usually thinking it needs more synth! ;)
By nick1972
Never seen the film but after this record has failed to leave my turntable since RSD I'm going to buy it this coming weekend

An utterly complusive listen and one of my favourite releases to date, the building of tension etc is amazing

My 7 year old just described Hammer And Bones as "screamy" - what's not to like?

I'm not one for being able to describe what I like about music, I either like it or I don't but for me, this is floorless from start to finish, lush strings throughout build to a crescendo in scenes I haven't seen but I can imagine!

Just sit back and enjoy it
By texasvinyl
Maybe 'too synthy' isn't the right description. I didn't care for some of the specific synth sounds. But Big Bad Wolves has barely left the deck!
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Finally Got time to give a spin its fucking awesome! Glad i did another blind buy to dw .i am never unsitisfied whit Spencer's choises
By chiefbrody
I noticed a few sellers on Amazon UK selling it for about a fiver plus delivery (trying really hard not to think about how much I paid for last year's DW RSD releases and what I could've paid if I'd waited!). On the up side, they're both excellent.