Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
The version Mondo has is the limited edition. The green (I'm guessing) is the retail version.
By Whip Wilson
[quote=56656]"The version Mondo has is the limited edition. The green (I’m guessing) is the retail version."[/quote]

Exactly so. Spencer wrote this somewhere just recently.
By Spiritman
Something cryptic is afoot, then. Stores other than Transmission (Rough Trade, Norman, Shippingrecords) list their pre-order copies as "grey". Color blindness or mysterious multiple variants?
By Whip Wilson
Probably just a miscommunication. It happened with Godzilla last year as well. Retail was supposed to be one color and ended up a different one so one store is going off of the original info and another is going off of new info or the physical product itself. I'm speculating of course, but it's not a huge leap.

EDIT: I located the source. An email announcing the Transmission web store's opening. It reads,

"AVAILABLE NOW
SHIPPING MARCH 16TH

Zombie Flesh Eaters
Re-mastered in 2014 at Abbey Road Studios.
Cover art by Tom Beauvais

• Green vinyl retail edition
• Gatefold sleeve printed on 425 gsm reverse board
• Includes an exclusive lobby card and booklet featuring sleeve notes by Fabio Frizzi, Ian McCulloch, Stephen Thrower & Tom Beauvais

Exclusive Clear & Grey Ltd edition of 1000 available from www.Mondotees.com"
By nrs24985
Thanks for clarifying guys, figured it was just an oversight on my behalf and that the info had been passed on previously by Soencer.
By pukcolb
Hi

I received my Green variant and must say its a very impressive re-release, my only question is that there is a booklet but no Lobby Card or are they one and the same?

By linus
I have the grey mondo variant. No lobby card either.
By bpwlogan
This is a tough call. If I was going to buy one repress this and Escape From New York would be it. I do have the black vinyl 45 speed release. I picked that up from Soundstage Direct. It's probably the best sounding soundtrack vinyl that I have. I'll pass on this one on that alone. The cover art looked really good though.
By Spiritman
I'm hesitating between the grey and the green - could anyone upload pictures of theirs?
By linus
On the platter the grey one looks like this (very similar to the grey Godzilla) -

Held up to the light it looks like Fulci fog (a bit like the orange smoke effect Beyond the Black Rainbow) -

Here's a pic of someone's green variant from twitter -

By Spiritman
@Linus - Amazing, thanks! I was wondering if the blackish smoke on the Mondo site shots was added for effect since the smokey effect only really shows in the light.
By linus
@Spiritman no probs! Yeah I think it must have been added for effect (unless the effect varies on different copies).

It's a great sounding record. The remastering brings out a lot of details I didn't notice before.
By mikejohansen
Bought Mondo version, no lobby card either.
By dumaisaudio
I'm wondering if the lobby card bit was just about them being included in the booklet and not an actual separate insert. Are there shots of the lobby cards in the booklet? I'm due to get mine today from Mondo.
By MODAREC
Both variants look great, think my grey version is waiting for me at the post office. Anyone else think an orange variant would have been a nice match to the orange sun on the poster/sleeve?
By dumaisaudio
The grey from Mondo looks solid until held up to the light, as noted. It looks really cool, I was kinda expecting it to look like the Nekromantic one, but am glad it looks different and unique. I'm wondering if there are really only two versions, the grey/clear and the green. The gatefold is nice quality, not as heavy duty as the sleeves for Sub 4.

I just wish he would have beefed up the booklet a little bit, maybe made it an 8 page and added more full size pictures and some images of different international posters. That's the rub with going full deluxe on some releases, is that you want to see that for everything. That being said, it looks like a great reissue and I can't wait to listen to it later tonight.

Also, I like how it's a different spine quote. I saw that Prince of Darkness is the same, but I haven't taken my OBI off Halloween 3 or They Live to see if those are different.
By Little Walter
On the back of the OBI strip I see that The New Barbarians is under recently released instead of upcoming . . I suppose we should be expecting it next.
By GaryReeves
Yeah I'm curious about the mystery of the lobby card .... I'm not sure what one is but I didnt seem to get one in my retail copy either ...
By layneharvey
from spencer on twitter this morning:

--------------------------------------------
@deathwaltzrecs
Zombie Flesh Eaters comes with a booklet full of sleeve notes not a lobby card by the way folks...
--------------------------------------------
By linus
Maybe the lobby card was exclusive to Matool.
By deathwaltz
Lobby Card is something that is forhcoming in DW packages insead of the poster , we were going to do it with flesh eaters but I felt the booklet was enough ...
The lobby cards look cool though and they'll be two different ones (one for us , one for retail) it's a fun little collectible ...
By Spiritman
Awesome move! For me, lobby cards are still the most iconic pieces of movie promo material. And posters can be challenging, both in terms of wall space and overall ratio of gore and death on display.
By dumaisaudio
Nice, I never use the posters, and while the lithos are nice, a lobby card sounds like a fun way to get different art in the package.
By Hatter313
A+++++ The sound on this record, the reverse board sleeve, the awesome choice of gatefold art, liner notes...what a great release!

Anybody know of a digital release for this? I really want to toss it on my iPod, but can't find it anywhere. would love a copy of the new DW remaster, but i don't have a usb on my table.

Hey Spencer, I saw you guys are doing some digital releases going forward, is this gonna be one by any chance?
By chiefbrody
@Hatter, I don't know where you are, but I picked up this so that I had a digital version (obviously not the DW remaster though, but at least it's something). As a bonus, the Cat in the Brain soundtrack is on the same disc. Quality seemed ok to me. Hopefully you can pick it up relatively cheap (£10/$15), which is cheaper power soundtrack than you'd probably get a download.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000079 ... ref=plSrch