Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By sonny
That is iconic art! I like the addition of 'Strong Uncut Version' too. A must have!
By albatard
Will buy, that's a beauty
By Buggenhagen
Looking amazing Spencer. Anyone from the UK who remembers the whole video nasties era can't help but feel an emotional tie to that artwork. Cracking stuff.

I've got my subbers edition of the original release but already sorely tempted to pick this up for the artwork alone. Really interested to hear how the remastering has worked too. Must find more money somehow :)
By antimax
The art is classic, so good, and I love this soundtrack.

BUT - I own the previous pressing. I'm kind of bummed, because I'm sitting here thinking… why did I buy that last one, if this one is going to be better? I'm not the kind of person who buys every version of every release, I just buy the soundtracks I like. It's like… the last one wasn't good enough? Sounded fine to me… Makes me weary of buying releases now, if there's just going to be a "better" one released a year later?! I ain't rich! :P

All in all I'm mostly just curious what warranted yet another remastering of this soundtrack.
By Spun out of control
@antimax

Personally I take the view that I've already had a year or so of listening to the original DW press (yes I bought it later) - and that time/enjoyment is worth the £30 I paid on e-Bay.

This artwork does mean that I will be double dipping. Actually triple dipping, which is a first, as I already have the red and later upgraded to a splatter.

As others have said, the new artwork & re-mastering makes this too good to miss - but this is the exception for me, rather than the rule

That said, would have been nice to have a few 'discovered' extra tracks (if they exist). Looks like the cheesy Linda Lee disco track isn't included this time, unless there's 'bonus' 7-inch with the deluxe? Perhaps being saved for the 'ultimate' edition in 5 years' time? ;)
By Hatter313
I think a lot of this is Spencer going back and aligning the older releases with the current DW brand as it has evolved. the textured sleeves, the gatefolds, the design elements that have become the brand elements (sorry, at work, so work talk seeping in) and to this with the very first release on the label, with a new master and the original composer sitting in on the sessions and giving his input, its just a really special release.

and we don't even know what the wax itself is going to look like yet :)
By goodnightcigarettes
I have 2 version of DW's original AND the expanded CD. Some of that bonus stuff is kind of amazing, some is complete trash. But some days you have to give yourself a good long look in the mirror and ask: How many versions do I really need? I guess it's all down to that personal choice (and your finances).
By Whip Wilson
[quote=55429]All in all I’m mostly just curious what warranted yet another remastering of this soundtrack.[/quote]

I'd guess this has a lot to do with the fact that ZFE was the very first release from a fledgling label pioneering a niche industry that we all sort of, amazingly, take for granted today. As well as being a special film and score for Spencer personally. I bought the Halloween III remaster because it was remastered and had some new tracks, but left the others be. Also, it is one of my favorite scores ever. ZFE is right up there as well, but it is also special to me for the same reason it is special to DWRC and to a lot of us here as well. ZFE was the first wave many of us caught on this amazing ride that we all gather here to discuss on a near-daily basis. Emotions out of it, this represents, as Hatter said, an opportunity to give this landmark (on many levels) score a much needed upgrade in a proper studio environment with the Maestro himself sitting in. Look to collectors of my other musical muse, Jazz (where this sort ofnthing happens far more frequently), and they will tell you an opportunity like this, nine times out of ten, is worth the upgrade. Cheers.
By goodnightcigarettes
Well said @Mateo. For me, after years of labels — both indie and major — doing the recycle/reissue thing in very quick bursts, suddenly offering "deluxe" versions of records they often only released months earlier, it's hard not to have a jaded view of the whole thing. It gets extra weird that, as you get older, formats change, shift, and go in/out of style, and it starts making you feel like you're getting tricked into buying the same albums repeatedly. (Just wait for those CDs to start coming back into style.)

I'm in no way, shape or form saying DW is doing this sort of thing, and I fully respect where Spencer is coming from. But they sadly do exist in a world where this is an unfortunate reality thanks to a pile of bad apples, leading to a lot of people (myself included) being more crotchety about this sort of thing than they should be.
By antimax
Very well said, @Mateo! This score got me much more into soundtracks as well, really blew me away when I first heard it. I can see wanting to give it more lovin'.
By Whip Wilson
Goodnight and Antimax, I tried to address the financial impact on the collector by shoehorning my own purchasing decisions regarding Halloween 3 and the other DWRC reissues into the narrative. To be clear, I don't begrudge anyone for not buying a new version of something they already have. Or don't have even! Just taking a stab in the dark at the more general question of "Why?"
By albatard
Sorry if it has already been mentionned before, but is the sleeve for the version distributed in stores the same as the one sold on Mondo website?
I don't care much about the LP color, but i'd like to get the best package available...
Thanks
By Hatter313
Looks sick, and a nice large pressing number to keep the silly people at bay :)
By Spun out of control
I wonder if - cough, cough - any of these will be making their way to Spencer's Transmission, or whether UK folk should keep ordering from Mondo direct...?

My orders there seem to be piling up Stateside with no shipping notification at the moment so if there is an outlet closer to home that I can trust, then it's a no brainer

By Whip Wilson
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Zombie Death Eaters!?! The release looks beautiful, by the way, Spencer. Sorry we Americans can't remember words real good.
By deathwaltz
Firstly , this was our first release many , many years ago (not six months!) in that time we have evolved and I feel our releases have grown into themselves more. When Fabio had the chance to go to Abbey Road and remaster it AND I found the original artwork it seemed like the right time to repress this record (especially as it had been out of print for two years) It is the record we (and record shops) get asked the most about. Since this came out the label has grown and garnered more fans , many who missed out on this first time round, buy it if you want too and if you don't no worries !
I am super happy with the way this turned out .

(Dance , dance , dance , dance , dance to the radio
By Hatter313
Hey, does anybody know if this will have digital files as well like some of the deluxe releases from last year? Barring that, anybody know if there's a digital release for this at all? I don't have the tech to rip my vinyl, and since most releases these days are either of something I have digitally or on cd, or come with a DL, I doubt I'll add the expense, but this is one score I don't have in any form and would love to have during those long drives. May have to find a cd of it somewhere as well so I can an toss it on iTunes.
Anyway, cheers!
By Aremagod
The whole package looks great.....that iconic artwork for the cover...it's almost as awesome as a wizard riding a zombie shark.
By unpopular_poet
So I was doing a little bit of ebaying, looking to see if there were any of the quad posters on there, and came across this blue-ray....Are these guys ripping off the original DW art for Zombi Flesh Eaters with this cover? Sure seems like it, unless they got the rights....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombie-Flesh-Ea ... 19fb6b166d

Excited for the drop tomorrow!

By Hatter313
It's a really nice package, I like how pale it is, if you get my meaning. So many releases are very dark and dim, which suits the genre most of these releases sit in, but there's something really nice about the way this one has that pale, faded look to it. Seriously adds to the charm.
By Hatter313
I think spencer said a while back that he licensed the art to arrow
By MODAREC
ZFE was the first zombie film I ever saw, the first video nasty I bought on big box VHS to start my collection, the first DW release I picked up, my favourite Fulci film, favourite Frizzi score and the original poster is probably my favourite horror poster of all time. Even without the re-master I would be buying this again. As Spin says, Transmission stocking it would be excellent news for us in the UK.
@Spencer is there only the one variant this time round?