Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
@lazyben - Damn, went to that The The Meltdown festival show back in the day and wasn't even aware that CD of film music - Discogs lists it as being called 'Silent Tongue' - existed.

Is it worth having?

As it's never had an official release, could be one for DeathWaltz to add to its release schedule? ;)
By lazyben
@stealthought it would be a pit of a pain to round that lot up, maybe at the weekend. A lot of it is on cd anyway which is partly because there's a lot of cd only stuff and also because I used to be a lot more format agnostic. I think I have every (physically) released track on some format or other anyway.

@spun it's worth it of you like the the :) May not be worth the nearly $500 the last one went for on discogs though. It's a mix of instrumental versions of songs, previously released instrumentals and a whole bunch of unreleased instrumentals, some of which sound vaguely familiar so may have been recycled into something else. It's the the library music!

I also forgot to photograph the "In The AM" soundtrack which was on the bonus cd of the London Town boxset.

I never bought any of the Radio Cineola digital show things...can anyone comment on whether they're worthy of purchase? I HATE buying digital files.
By how71tay
Spencer,

I'd appreciate some answers and action please.

I recently ordered a copy of the Hyena by The The vinyl from Mondo following messaging by Death Waltz/Mondo saying it would be the only place to purchase the limited colour vinyl from.

Now that Transmission are listing the same item on its website at a lower price £22.00 - http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/hyena-by-the-the/ - I feel a little ripped off. Will Transmission/Mondo/Death Waltz refund me the difference in price? I paid £35 ($53.80 USD)

This is the second time this has happened what with the Scanners/Brood vinyl - never again.
By deathwaltz
Drop me an email
By ieatworms
I received my copy of Hyena today, Death Waltz has been on a real roll lately {long may it continue}, but for me this is the best all round package I've gotten for ages. Its records like this that makes putting up with shipping fees & exchange rates {lets not forget sleepless nights for all us overseas fans waiting for records to drop} all worth while. Even tho I'm well into my forties, i was so excited opening up the package & getting it on the turntable that i felt like a little kid. So id just like to thank Spencer & all the others involved behind the scenes as well as the other labels for doing what they do, so i can have days like today. Cheers.
By Little Walter
Agreed . . this was the real treasure of my last gallery pick-up. I was so excited for The Last of Us initially, yet once I opened Hyena, I had to put it on first. It's such an intricate package all around: I love the texture of the cover, the excellent lobby cards that I can't wait to see more of, and the meticulous quality of the master. It was an after-midnight, whiskey-fueled gem.
By Bezulsqy
After reading what you two are saying about this, it is hard to resist buying this one as well. I did like the souncloud clips, but with everything coming out I wasn't sure if it sounds enough like something I am really into...
Going to check it out again.
Thanks for the colorful statements :-)
By tenpoletudor
So are there 2 versions? Light in the Attic and Boomkat seem to be selling a blue vinyl version.
By blastman
Yes, red/blue from Mondo/Transmission, blue/blue from everywhere else.
By NathanLurker
I've been listening to Hyena a bit in the past couple of days and wow the music is superb. It's very well mastered too, it sounds amazingly good. It's a gem of a "night music" album
By chuck
Hyena is up on Netflix UK. Get in.
By Occhionero
If I said the following words for releases this year, I have to reset!
Hyena will be on top of my best of 2015 list (so far).
The overall layout (fucking post handled not with care and bumped a corner of the jacket and inner sleeves and liner notes!) is perfect. The The's music is awesome. Have to see the movie now. 10/10
By deafmetal
Finally ordered this today. Have been listening to the sample tracks continuously. Sublime sounds, next-level business going on in this album.
By AndreasEldritch
Amazing event coming up...

CAS presents an evening with Matt Johnson of The The
A year ago we hosted a special Classic Album Sundays event with Matt Johnson for the re-issue of The The’s debut album ‘Soul Mining’. We had such a great time that we decided we wanted to do another event together but this time with a twist.

For this session, Matt will discuss his love for film scores and soundtracks, an area he has been heavily involved with in recent times with the launch of Cineola, his independent film soundtrack company. He will walk us through what it takes to compose the music for a film as he recently released The The’s soundtrack to the film ‘Hyena’ directed by his brother Gerard. Matt also composed the soundtrack to Gerard’s first feature film ‘Tony’ along with other scores for films and documentaries.

We will also discuss the soundtracks and scores that have influenced him. And of course, we will be sampling some of his own original scores along with some of his favourite film soundtracks on our world-class audiophile Classic Album Sundays hi-fi!

This will be a very intimate event and seating will be VERY limited. We will be announcing the final details and tickets for this event in the next week.

Monday, 28th September from 7 to 10 pm at the Hotel Café Royal, 68 Regent Street, London W1B 0AB