Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
LINK to news item

and some pics of the full package

By Vapormeyer
Nice packaging but it sounds a little too familiar for my ears, a little generic. Just my opinion mind you but it's a pass for me.
By deathwaltz
It's anything but believe me
This is easily one of the best records this year (not just soundtracks)
By DISCOSUCKS...
Beautiful job, Spencer. It must have been quite a thing handing one of these to Mr Johnson.
By invadauk

@Spencer

God damn - i would lose a toe to have released this on Invada.. So fucking Jealous right now.

Already in my top 3 of favourite albums so far this year. The packaging looks out-of-this world.

This is a record to get really excited about & will 100% stand the test of time.

@Vapomeyer - too familiar??? respect your opinions - but with all the soundtracks on sale from numerous labels at the moment this is probably the least generic / obvious one.

By deathwaltz
Nerve-racking to say the least
Especially when we sat down at his house to listen to it !

@invadauk Thanks , I'm pretty over the moon with it I have to say.
By NathanLurker
It does look amazing, it's a stunning product design, great artwork/photos, the vinyl colors match the whole design,and the texture....man that's beautiful. Really good job on this, Spencer

As for the music, the samples are really good. I'm not familiar with ''THE THE'' music but the samples for Hyena are nice. Sounds like its, an eclectic mix of influences too, minimal electro, Drones, intimate piano, and hip hop ? that Bait & switch song's drum beat stuff is very nice
By texasvinyl
It's up, copped, though $12 domestic media mail shipping for three records is usurous. Spencer please, can you fix that? Actual postage cost will be something like $4.25, but $12 is crazy!

Sorry to say something negative, this is a stellar release!
By aeonblack
Spencer, did you just slip up in the last email? Subject line was "Robocop, Pieces and more on sale", but it's about the 3 releases that came out today. I just don't want to hop off the mondo site and miss any other releases! Anyways, copped Hyena, Goblin and Wild In Blue, pretty excited about all three.

I have a question regarding Hyena: Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven has a four minute version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQS-U8TdGaU), but the one up on soundcloud is only a little over a minute...is it just a snippet that's up on soundcloud? I feel like this track could have just droned on for 20 minutes and I would have been fine with it.
By deathwaltz
It's a snippet
yes I slipped up !
By deathwaltz
Bryan and the shipping team are working on shipping costs , it's our top priority.
By Little Walter
Damn, I'm really stoked about this one. I haven't seen the movie or heard the clips, just excited on straight respect for the man and his music. The package looks great - especially fond of the font on that etching! Can't wait to pick this up at the gallery the first day possible.
By Dollarhyde
Pleasantly surprised by the movie trailer. So often dissapointed by british crime movies. Hope it delivers.

Not heard the snippets yet but the package looks beautiful.
By Jimmy_Mike
Watched the movie last night. It's good. Loved the blue light, very Michael Mann-esque. It actually prompted me to watch Manhunter immediately after. Great night.
By Stevsie
Had the cd for a couple of months so have been really looking forward to spin this. The whole package looks absolutely sublime Spence.

Fingers crossed for Tony
By texasvinyl
Woohoo! Looking forward to new The The
By Keyser
Ordered this last night. Had to beg my missus to let me borrow some cash to make it happen, as my pay cycle seems to oppose all the great release drops, but got it done! Looking forward to this one, the package looks amazing, and I really like what I've heard so far.
By stealththought
Luckily today was pay day for me, so I ordered it on my lunch break. I'm really excited to hear it, and have more The The on vinyl. Looks beautiful.
By guyremix
Is the one from Mondo the same as the general retail one?
By how71tay
Hi all. Have ordered "Hyena" from Mondo this week so looking forward to it immensely. Really enjoyed the film. For those wondering, Mondo's postage rate to UK is $23.80 USD, roughly £16 GBP in real money.
By Dollarhyde
Dont forget the highly probable £20 customs fees
By guyremix
That's what i'm frustrated about. I don't mind getting direct from mondo if its an exclusive but if it's the exact same as the general retail version i could have got it from amazon with free postage!
By lazyben
Here's a pic of the Hyena LP with the rest of my The The OST collection (which are by necessity CDs at this point in time obviously). I'd forgotten all about the one at the bottom which is the rather rare "Film Music" 2cd promo that was only available at a one-off gig as part of 2002's Meltdown festival.

My whole The The collection would take up the entire staircase.

ETA Bugger! I forgot the Judge Dredd OST (this may be an understandable omission).
By stealththought
Cool picture! I'd love to see your full The The collection, if it isn't a pain.

The soundtrack arrived yesterday, and I just listened to it a bit ago. Excellent material, and suitably has a late night feel. Very atmospheric. Reminds me a bit of Trent Reznor's and Atticus Ross' soundtrack work at times. Now I need to see the film!