Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
Excellent first release for the new 7" series, especially with such a "killer" theme to spotlight as 001. I also love the sleeve design. IMO, the package looks better with the white vinyl!
By antimax
Wow, 500 of the tri-color really sold out in like an hour? Hmmm... I guess that's part of the negative side of the DW/mondo merger; people buying-out anything affiliated with mondo just because. I'll just (hopefully) pick up the other variant in a store soon.
By siforster
Bugger.
The one day since I started there, I get to leave work at half four... I get caught up in traffic, only just got home and find that the tricolour's been & gone while I've been in my car. Ah well :)
By Whip Wilson
I'm a bit late to the soirée here in the land of PST, but Vinci is an inspired choice and the package looks grand.
By Ignatius
Never seen Sleepaway Camp (massive gap in my slasher viewing, I know) but I could swear I've heard 'Angela's Theme' before several times. No idea where but it's a fucking awesome tune.

As oaxaca said on the previous page - this is going to fit perfectly next to the Witchboard and Night Train releases. I've really been buzzing on those two, and a Death Waltz jukebox series is right up my alley.
By deafmetal
It will be interesting to see how far and wide the 500 copies distribution go, and how quickly they sell compared to the remaining stock in the Mondo store.

I see this is up at LitA now, along with the The Raid.
By sonny
Has anyone recieved theirs yet? Or am I jumping the gun? Ha.
By Jimmy_Mike
I got mine on Wed and it's awesome. Great stuff, DW.

@Spencer - just curious, I've never seen a 180 gram 7 inch before. I know you're not a big fan of 180 gram, so why the decision to use it on this? Just plain market demand?
By Garmonbozia
Got mine yesterday. Heaviest fucking 7 inch I've ever seen! Totally killer all the way through. Although, some Sleepaway Camp inspired art seems like a missed opportunity.
By sonny
Not got mine yet....Sniff. Not being impatient though!
By tonyandrewgiles
@Sonny - I'm sure it'll be along soon enough :)
By blastman
*** WARNING - Shipping cost moan alert ***

Hey TAG, is it really £10 to ship a 7" to Ireland? :)
By tonyandrewgiles
@blastman - Tis not no...

Ahhhh I see what's happened, site hasn't updated shipping to Ireland.

Give it a few minutes :)

***updated shipping costs***
By blastman
Seems better now, only problem is the damn thing sold out in the mean time! :D
By Hoodini
Missed it :(
By tonyandrewgiles
Apologies guys, seems some had been sitting in carts.

Pre order is back up :)
By blastman
And first order successfully placed... :)
By tonyandrewgiles
@blastman - Just got it!

You'll have it on release :)
By dumaisaudio
Have people who have gotten their copies, did you order from Mondo or elsewhere? I ordered from Mondo, but I had Scanners on the same order, so that might hold it up.
By strictlywayward
Just got my tri-color in today--THICK & DELICIOUS!
Shipping notice went out on Wednesday (I'm in the same state).
I always say I'll post a pic and I never bother to, so I won't make any promises, but my red stripe is swirling into the green one and it looks fucking cool.
There's a nasty scratch on B1, but it gives me an excuse to pick up a white copy.
Can't wait for further releases in the juke series.
By BasementHorror
I got mine today, too - also heavily scratched. In fact, it arrived with the vinyl loose in the package, outside of the sleeve. Seems that because the 7in isn't sealed, and it was shipped in an LP mailer, taped to a larger piece of cardboard, it was free to slide in and out of the sleeve every time the mailer was moved, turned, etc.

I'm still gonna give it a spin. Maybe these scratches are just cosmetic. One can hope. The vinyl is beautiful and heavy. Easily the nicest 7in I own.

This isn't Mondo-bashing (grown really tired of that shit, like a broken record, no pun intended), but I would think that a lot of folks may have a similar issue, assuming they were all packaged and mailed the same way...
By strictlywayward
Mine didn't come out of the sleeve, but it was also taped to an LP backer [shudders].
I would suggest wrapping the 45's in bubble wrap and taping that to a backer, assuming they don't want to print up smaller boxes for the occasional 7" release. It has been mentioned somewhere that they are working on their box situation to address the issue of having to split up larger orders, hopefully smaller ones'll get a revamp as well.
By c0rpse
Still haven't received my shipping notice from mondo on this one :(