Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By VinyLOST
i felt that anything John Carpenter related belongs in the DW thread, so i am pasting this very ultra rare, kinda short, but very,very cool!!!!!! you can listen to the 2 songs below Carpenter & Howarth's as the 1st track, like the 2nd alright, but blahhh on the 3rd track. Did i mention you can purchase these tracks, sorry folks all digital (mp3 or flac i believe).

i also would like to add the article that came with the tracks i found below the embedded tracks below. I hope you guys enjoy. Please i would love to hear anyone on the board opiniopn or anything they would like to say about the tracks.

"Here’s a special one – Trevor Jackson has unearthed some gems with this EP, but the one we’re most psyched about is an ultra rare mix of John Carpenter & Alan Howarth’s ‘Escape From New York’ soundtrack. We hardly even need to mention how utterly essential the original tracks are, and this insanely hard to find mix came from an Italian 12” back in the disco era, and was spliced together by electro dude Mario Boncaldo. With a propulsive disco kick/snare backbone, Boncaldo layers some of the familiar eerie elements from the soundtrack to create a brooding disco weapon – something you could drop pretty much anywhere and get a reaction. Not content with just giving us this though, Jackson’s dropped another couple of industrial dancefloor bruisers in the shape of Shock’s ‘Dream Games’ and The Cage’s ‘Do What You Wanna Do’. You know what to do!"

here is the link to the site below as well.
http://boomkat.com/downloads/517015-joh ... ties-80-88

By monsterworship
Yeah ULTRA rare is really a stretch.
By VinyLOST
Damn me, ha! I just stumbled across it and thought it was fresh fruit for the ears. What all is on the 12" vinyl, is it just howarth and Carpenter?

Sorry about the post guys.
By The Dentist
Just because it's not ultra rare doesn't mean the sharing of music is not appreciated (I should hope).