Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Occhionero
Is there any difference between the Mondo and the Sub Version?
By Spun out of control
Mondo version (which I just ordered) is split colour (red and green) - the sub version was more like a swirl (like TCM re-score)

With all the hoo-hah over switching websites etc, and Xmas in between, kinda forgot about this title until it appeared on the Mondo site yesterday - which is unfortunate as it sounds like a solid release.
By chandler75
It's very, very good. I listened to it the first time yesterday and wasn't expecting much, but was a bit blown away. It has some nice dynamics and great beats.

As I understand it, this is not the music that is featured in the movie? (which I haven't seen).
By Occhionero
[quote=47261]Mondo version (which I just ordered) is split colour (red and green) – the sub version was more like a swirl (like TCM re-score)

With all the hoo-hah over switching websites etc, and Xmas in between, kinda forgot about this title until it appeared on the Mondo site yesterday – which is unfortunate as it sounds like a solid release.
[/quote]

Thx @spun :-)
By 10T5
Spencer wrote:
DW023 – THE RAID – ARIA PRAYOGI & FAJAR YUSKEMAL
Released January 2015
Grey Vinyl
Cover art by Christ Weston.

So, is this the record store version????
By deathwaltz
This score is actually on the US blu ray you just have to go in and select it from the menu!
Grey is the version for record stores yes
By albatard
Sub 4 was a total blast!
Wasn't expecting much from that one, may end up being one of my faves DW releases ever, visually and musically
By 10T5
Don't know if it's the correct translation but "anger is a bad advisor", and yesterday I was very upset when seeing the postage cost for the LP I was waiting for a while: the raid. I was so sad missing such a great release. Grabbing this forum, I've seen that you was planning to release it on grey for local record stores. So please Spencer accept my apologies despite I still think this merge is a dream for all the US flippers.
By kingmob
Great work on this release Spencer.
By Peek-a-boo
@Spencer is that on the UK Blu Ray? I was look at it in Fopp today and there is no mention of this in the list of 'special features'.

Cheers
By souldrop
JUST CONTACTED MONDO 2/11/15 AND THEY JUST REC'D THE RAID LP'S THAT SAME DAY. WHAT'S THE DEAL/ THAT??????? NOW THEY TELL ME THEY ARE NOT SHIPPING UNTIL END OF NEXT WEEK 2/20/15- SO I EST I WILL RECIEVE @ 2/27/15. I ORDERED ON 1/13/15. RIDICULOUS. GUESS THIS INITIAL GO AROUND DID NOT GO SMOOTHLY B/T DW and MONDO. RIDICULOUS- BOTH SCANNERS AND THE RAID SHOULD BE IN MY MITS BY NOW.
By deafmetal
@souldrop - The use of all caps truly delivers your point of view with powerful gusto.
By strictlywayward
In all fairness to Mondo, they do let you know right away that you should expect to wait at least a month for your order, and it has been that way for a long time. Truly, the only ridiculous part is you yelling at us about it.
By GaryReeves
Yup picked this up at the start of the week and its really realy good ... a solid release and I hadn't even seen the movie.

Very industrial in places.
By John_Flichty
Record received at last, the artwork is a real beauty, especially with the texture used for the sleeve (and the inside is crazy).
I always loved Chris Weston style but he surpassed himself here.

Only flaw, the usual one, I fight everytime I want to put the record back.
By splatterhouse
Does anyone know if there is a black vinyl version?
By AndreasEldritch
[quote=60719]Does anyone know if there is a black vinyl version?[/quote]

Certainly is. Black subscribers version on my turntable:

By splatterhouse
awesome thanks! I ordered a black one so now Ill have all variants!