Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By VinyLOST
@Spencer, I thought I would ask if their will be a DW Subscription 5 due to DW & Mondo joining forces. I would very much like to subscribe to another DW subscription if #5 will become available. I'm very much looking forward to the DW 2015 releases!!!!
By jgibbs4053
I thought DW stated that everything w them will stay the same.
By jdubtxn
They did. So I am not sure why people keep saying they are combining. From the news Spencer is label manager, no other changes as of now.
By Frizzle-Frizzi
im more in the mood of ''when'' not in '' if '' a realese date will be necessary to plan my personal christmas outcome
By VinyLOST
[quote=44039]They did. So I am not sure why people keep saying they are combining. From the news Spencer is label manager, no other changes as of now. [/quote]

I myself do not know if DW & MONDO will be one company, as i have no information at all on any of that, but i do know what i read before i went to MondoCon, & what i heard in person at the TCM screening at MondoCon.

http://deathwaltzrecordingcompany.com/d ... ins-mondo/
By NathanLurker
They're unifying releases and logistics. Death Waltz is still Death Waltz and Mondo is Mondo.
By Whip Wilson
[quote=44036]@Spencer, I thought I would ask if their will be a DW Subscription 5 due to DW & Mondo joining forces. I would very much like to subscribe to another DW subscription if #5 will become available. I’m very much looking forward to the DW 2015 releases!!!! [/quote]Just sold out.
By VinyLOST
I just thought I would ask a question I wasn't sure of. Everyone can disregard this topic.
By Occhionero
Spencer wrote in FB in September that a new sub will be available in December. To be honest, my budget would be happy for a little later release date ;-)
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Dunno about december i Cant find infos about nowhere.
Today is 13,Death waltz have planned already to turn off the online store the 20 so @occhionero i think Your wallet is safe For now and mine too
By Occhionero
Wasn't FB, sorry!

On 8th Sep Spencer replied to my Mail:

"Next sub on sale in December
s"
By VinyLOST
Well we all know the answer now.
By Frizzle-Frizzi
yes and sadly your post was prophetic
By Peek-a-boo
I got the sub cos the soundtrack section of my record collection was thin on the ground & I liked the ethos of how Death Waltz was a boutique independent label with someone in control who's opinion I trusted to send me some good records.

I'm just unlikely to spend the time researching soundtracks when my main interests lie in other musical areas. Obviously I'll try & keep listening to & buying Death Waltz releases, but I doubt it'll be that many. I think I just had 'The Fog' before I got the sub & I don't own or envisage me owning any Mondo releases because they seem like they are always big budget film releases, which doesn't interest me...

Shame, but the soundtrack industry has really grown wings, so can understand the situation.
By heelsinc
Im really disappointed with today's news and fear that future releases will be handled the same way Mondos are where we all have to sit at our computers and wait for them to release only to have it sell out before we can buy. As someone who has been on board with the label since mid way through the first set of releases im a little pissed. But of course I could be totally wrong and ordering could be super easy with no reason to worry about things selling out. Its just so much easier knowing I will be getting the Highest quality release with the most extras with out having to do anything
By philball1974
@Heelsinc why are you so pissed at this? DW have always had good numbers for their releases and have been pretty easy to get hold of. much easier than it is to get a DW sub which generally sells out within a few hours.

By heelsinc
Well pissed was probably way to strong of a word haha. I do find the sub to be way easier though and the sub never sold out for me cause it always opened to renew before general sales went up so I could always get in.
By smzdt76
I'm extremely disappointed too. Half the time, you fight online with other people and then can't even purchase a Mondo release because they're sold out. That, and the randomly inserted colours. I stopped buying (or trying to buy) Mondo releases because of how stupid it is and they absolutely hate indie record stores. They don't want their records for sale anywhere but online through them.
By philball1974
[quote=44752]they absolutely hate indie record stores. They don’t want their records for sale anywhere but online through them.[/quote]

Good point @smzdt76 really pisses me off how you can't just go to places like Norman records or Piccadilly records and pick up a Mondo release. Oh wait a minute.....
By ninjaqutie
Sooo... DW subs went on sale already?