Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By strictlywayward
Perry Botkin&Morgan Ames - SILENT NIGHT , DEADLY NIGHT

STRICTLY ONE OFF PRESSING FOR CHRISTMAS 2014

LTD TO 1000 WORLDWIDE

DISC 1 TRANSPARENT RED

DISC 2 TRANSPARENT GREEN

Disc 1 Original motion picture soundtrack by Perry Botkin

Disc 2 Original Christmas songs by Morgan Ames.

Original artwork by Nick Percival Booklet contains liner notes by composer Perry Botkin, Co-executive Producer Scott Schneid & writer Michael Hickey and also features a host of original reviews including many newspaper clips calling for the film to be banned upon its original release in 1984. Death Waltz Recording Co. may be home to some of the scariest music around, but it doesn’t mean that we don’t get into the Christmas spirit now and again. In that tradition, here’s our idea of Xmas cheer as we present the release of Perry Botkin’s jolly old score to the controversial 1984 slasher SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT. Composer Botkin is no slouch in the recording world, arranging for Bobby Darin, Harry Nilsson, & Barbra Streisand. His score is both chaotic and tragic; crashing sounds of distorted percussion are punctuated by both synth and acoustic piano, reflecting the sheer damage that has been done to Billy’s mind. The end result is both emotional and terrifying, even more so with the selection of original Christmas songs as composed by Morgan Ames that are spread amongst the film’s soundtrack. But a word of caution: If you don’t have SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT on the turntable this Christmas we’ll have to tell Billy that you’ve been… naughty. Consider yourselves warned.

Disc 1 – Silent Night Deadly Night OST BY PERRY BOTKIN.

Side 1

Main Titles
Going Nowhere
Never Stop for Strangers
Snow Ax
Caught in the Act
Jingle Jam
Market
Seventeen
Running Away
Erotic Dreams
Scary Time
Dress Up
Billy Lose It

Side 2

Poor Boy
Mad Hatter
Santa’s Bow & Arrow
Horns
A Little Later
Smiley Face
No Smoking
Take Him Away
Offing Father O’Brian
Cackle
Snow Dreams
Naughty
Disc 2 – Silent Night Deadly Night original motion picture songs by Morgan Aimes

Side 1

1. It Must Be Christmas

2. Slayrider

3. Santa’s Watching

4. Merry Christmas Baby

5. The Warm Side Of The Door

Side 2

6. Christmas Party

7.Christmas Flu

8. Christmas Fever

9. I Wanna Sing You A Love Song

10. Sweet Little Baby

FREE 45 MINUTES DEATH WALTZ MIX CD WITH EVERY PURCHASE.

CD COMES IN A PRINTED SLIPCASE MIXED BY DJ BOBA FATT AND FEATURES SOME OF OUR FORTHCOMING TITLES FOR 2015.

Type about it!
By ghostfires
haha that's funny, but definitely does not make me want to buy this score!
By strictlywayward
I listened to the score twice yesterday and dug it. This was never my favorite Christmas-themed horror movie, but there's only so many and I won't argue against its classic status. The sequels are not classic.
By Whip Wilson
Thanks for getting these started, Strictly. A lot more Christmas-y in here than the other thread, but I must say that I like the idea of release specific threads being edited to include known pressing/packaging/variant info and/or Discogs links when available. Might be a bit much to expect from everyone, but it sure would cut down on confusion and repetitive questions.
By strictlywayward
Any keymaster is more than welcome to add all of that information when it is ready, or I will happily type it in myself. You should suggest this for the myriad threads with none of that information stuck to them.
By Whip Wilson
That's sort of what I just did. Definitely not singling your thread(s) out at all. More like a suggestion going forward. I started the F13 thread and have never thought to update it before now.
By strictlywayward
Right on. I think everyone would appreciate having all the pertinent info at the top.
By liftman2013
Back in the store but not enough in! Torture torture torture! Id expect this feom billy himself!
By strictlywayward
@liftman If nothing else, you should be able to secure the retail version without a problem. I strongly prefer deluxe myself, but, as a stateside supporter, it's not always practical.
By strictlywayward
Ah, snap, now I'm going to say pretty much exactly what I said in DW032:
What do y'all think of the cover? I like the style, but the Santa motif doesn't do a lot for me. Yes, I've seen the movie(s).
By Whip Wilson
I like that the artwork for both of these look like demented versions of overly sappy, devotional greeting card art. So, while I don't love the actual artwork, I like the overall aesthetic quite a bit.
By Pitch
This is a fantastic release - the score proper really surprised me with it's power and darkness with the combination of piano and synths working really well. I was entertained by the Christmas songs too (specially mention goes to Slayrider and Merry Christmas Baby which will both definitely get a play at the family Christmas gathering). Great package and artwork and has convinced me to order the DVD for a seasonal viewing of the double bill with Christmas Evil.
By Hatter313
So i didn't pull the trigger on this when the deluxe was on the site, and now i'm regretting it. i'm going to wait for the retail version to show up in the US i think, but can anyone confirm that the only difference between the 2 is the color of the actual vinyl? i imagine that the deluxe also has the thicker textured sleeve that DW has been doing, but it doesn't say that anywhere on the press release and i can't tell from any photos.

Does the retail version have the same jacket? oddly enough, that's more my hang-up than the color variant, i just love the heft of those textured sleeves, so if the deluxe has them, i'd prefer to hunt one down.

anyway, thanks in advance!
By VinyLOST
Has anyone received their copies of either release in the US yet? I ordered both at the same time and still no sign here in the states, also waiting on my "Blue Ruin" OST.
By toosoonjunior
Blue Ruin isn't supposed to be released until 12/30, last I heard.
By MODAREC
Any one else still waiting for the two Xmas releases to arrive in the UK? I know post is always delayed this time of the year, can't wait to spin them whilst wrapping presents.
By deafmetal
Is anybody going to the Beyond Fest-related screening in LA?
By Spun out of control
@Modarec

Waiting on both my copies in the UK, so you're not the only one who Santa Claus forgot ;)

Sod's law I did order with a third distributed title that was apparently delayed in customs. Crossing my fingers they will arrive before the 25th.
By Pitch
[quote=44403]So i didn’t pull the trigger on this when the deluxe was on the site, and now i’m regretting it. i’m going to wait for the retail version to show up in the US i think, but can anyone confirm that the only difference between the 2 is the color of the actual vinyl? i imagine that the deluxe also has the thicker textured sleeve that DW has been doing, but it doesn’t say that anywhere on the press release and i can’t tell from any photos.

Does the retail version have the same jacket? oddly enough, that’s more my hang-up than the color variant, i just love the heft of those textured sleeves, so if the deluxe has them, i’d prefer to hunt one down.

anyway, thanks in advance!
[/quote]

The 'deluxe' version is not with the textured sleeve - but to be honest have lost any idea of what version I actually have outside the sub versions!! Mine's green/red and white/red if that helps.
By Hatter313
thanks pitch! i'm guessing that means its just the variant colors that are different, so i'll just pick up the retail version when they start showing up in stores. thanks!
By MODAREC
@Spun Out Of Control

Good to hear I'm not the only one, it's not Slasher Film Festival Strategy that's been delayed is it? I ordered that at the same time as the 2 xmas releases.
By Spun out of control
@Modarec

Sounds like we are in the same boat - it was indeed Slasher that got impounded, though it was supposed to be being freed last weekend, last I heard from DW... worth dropping an email perhaps to find out the latest
By heelsinc
I didn't get mine yet either in the U.S. shady sent ab email asking if I could add to my order weeks ago and haven't gotten a response :(
By albatard
Waiting for mine to reach France...hope to get it before Christmas!