Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By corpseonhorseback
There are clips on the Juno Records website. I always forget about that site.

Not complaining about the length, just wanted to know what it sounded like. I've seen the film but don't remember the score.
By scottyboy71
It's 12 minutes sure, but it's 12 minutes of synthy, christmas spookiness. An essential spin at Christmas I'd say
By GaryReeves
My problem is that at 13 minutes long and 12 tracks ... its just a bit too broken up
By invadauk

At the risk of getting dogs-abuse here.

Are people seriously moaning about the length of music of a film score.... ??

some of you people have clearly forgotten that this is exactly that - 'a film score'.

99.9% of the time songs made for film / television aren't very long. If your buying into the concept of music from a film than you have to expect short cues, non cohesive tracks & quite random passages of noise.

If you want a structured album that runs for an hour and each track is 5 mins long go and buy the most recent Nine inch Nails or something like that.

Films scores have no boundaries and are meant to be a bit all over the place - it comes with the territory.

By Spun out of control
The other aspect of this release is simply that it's meant to be a bit of fun for Christmas, surely, pink with glitter an' all? ;)

Look forward to spinning this for myself and judging when it arrives.
By Whip Wilson
[quote=44012]
At the risk of getting dogs-abuse here.

Are people seriously moaning about the length of music of a film score…. ??

some of you people have clearly forgotten that this is exactly that – ‘a film score’.

99.9% of the time songs made for film / television aren’t very long. If your buying into the concept of music from a film than you have to expect short cues, non cohesive tracks & quite random passages of noise.

If you want a structured album that runs for an hour and each track is 5 mins long go and buy the most recent Nine inch Nails or something like that.

Films scores have no boundaries and are meant to be a bit all over the place – it comes with the territory.[/quote]Hear, hear.

[quote=44014]The other aspect of this release is simply that it’s meant to be a bit of fun for Christmas, surely, pink with glitter an’ all? [/quote]Exactly so.
By texasvinyl
"go and buy the most recent Nine inch Nails or something" no, don't do that! Buy With Teeth or something good at least :)
By wocket
Are people in the US receiving these yet? I ask because I have had really bad luck receiving my Death Waltz subscription in TX. Spencer always takes care of me, but I always am very late to receiving the music.
By Pitch
First play and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed - I hear what people are saying about a soundtrack being a unique beast and not down to the conventions of an album, but this isn't really an £18 LP - more a collection of interesting cues from a cool film. It's a bit like the one-sided additional LP you get with a reissued soundtrack...... just without the main attraction! Fun yes, interesting yes (half the tracks I'd say have impact and go some way to reinforce the bold claim that this is one of the key works of No Wave movement) , but essential - certainly not. I wonder if people thought there was going to be rather more material when agreements were made to release it - but nothing substantial appeared? Interested to hear what others think - and I will certainly give it a few more spins to see if it is a grower.
By Hatter313
HA! oh how i miss good NIN....try as i might..Hesitation Marks just isn't doing it for me
By Occhionero
I love the glitter effect and the way the liner notes where added. And with the free Mix CD the price is ok for me.
By monsterworship
I'm in the US and haven't received mine yet either.
By Dollarhyde
cost and duration aside, I love the main theme that runs through the soundtrack, real christmas nostalgia vibe going on with it, has been on repeat.

Going to watch the film tonight,already seen a bit and looks to be a real gem.
By manuorru
Please can someone post a pic of the satin pearl, just out of curiosity? Thanks! ;-)
By Dollarhyde
Whatched this last night.

What a brilliant movie, a beautifully crafted lo budget masterpiece. Great acting, writing and directing.
So many stand out scenes, and the ending! Wont spoil it for others but definetly recommend this for your christmas movie line up.
By Occhionero
[quote=45328]Please can someone post a pic of the satin pearl, just out of curiosity? Thanks! [/quote]
I am not good in colors. Is it the variant with glitter?
By manuorru
No @Occhionero, the other one, that one for general sale I guess...
By chiefbrody
Here's the best I could do
By manuorru
Good enough, thanks @chief!
By VinyLOST
Another day with no Christmas Evil or SNDN, this blows! Tomorrow is Christmas eve and I'm still waiting on several vinyl from DW, and yes I know the site is down from Dec 20 till Jan or whatever, but I paid for several vinyl I'm still waiting on. Hoping for a nice Christmas with some new vinyl, but this is how it is, hope one day I get my double pack I ordered of Xmas evil and SNDN, Blur Ruin I know comes out a bit later, but man come on. I literally ordered the double Christmas pack right when I got the email, yet most of the board members have theirs already. I see where a person in Texas is having the same trouble with DW vinyl being very late or not showing up, same problems here, and I'm the state pretty much above Texas.put 2 & 2 together. I have faith I will sometime get my vinyl.

I'm not griping at anyone like Spencer or the DW team, I'm just a bit angry I didn't get my Xmas vinyl in time for the Xmas holiday. So much love for DW!
By MODAREC
@vinylLOST I'm in the same boat and live in the UK. Ordered both Xmas releases on the first day they went up along with the Slasher Film Festival Strategy LP. Ordered them all together as the DW shop said Slasher was out at the end of Nov. Since found out all the Slasher stock was delayed due to customs (which I know can't be helped). Not sure if that's still the case, fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow. If not I guess I'll be spinning the Xmas releases next year instead of this and my postman won't be getting a tip!
By The Cult Leader
I haven't received my Christmas package from Death Waltz yet either. I'm in NY. I think it will come tonight or tomorrow though. I did receive my sub copy of The Raid today so it's definitely ok to wait another day or two.
By Deadite
My copies of Silent Night Deadly Night and Christmas Evil arrived safely to Atlanta today. I'm sure all of you in the States will be receiving your records any day now.

I was lucky enough to score one of the test pressing of....Silent Night Deadly Night! Hehehe! Now I have a nice white label on black vinyl to go along with the DW variant. Thanks, Death Waltz!
By VinyLOST
@deadite, both copies of mine arrived today on Xmas eve of all days, and I also got a test pressing of SNDN black vinyl/white label, along with a DW Xmas CD! Finally I can enjoy these gems!!