Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By strictlywayward
DON CHRISTENSON - CHRISTMAS EVIL

STRICTLY LTD ONE OFF PRESSING FOR 2014

400 UNITS WORLDWIDE

PINK SPARKLE 10′ VINYL

‘THE GREATEST CHRISTMAS FILM EVER MADE’ – JOHN WATERS

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by DON CHRISTENSON JOEL HARRIS AND JULIA HEYWOOD

Includes sleeve-notes from Writer / Director Lewis Jackson and John Waters.

Death Waltz Recording Company are overjoyed to bring you a bit of early Christmas spirit in the form of the score to the classic 1980 yuletide slasher movie CHRISTMAS EVIL. When young Harry sees his mother being seen to on Christmas night by Santa Claus, it causes a shockwave that starts to convince him that he is Father Christmas. Grown up, Harry makes toys for children and spies on neighbourhood kids, checking if they really are naughty or nice, and violently dismembering anyone who gets in his way, be it churchgoers or co-workers.

The music of CHRISTMAS EVIL is composed by the trio of Don Christenson, Joel Harris, and Julia Heywood, who created a score both menacing and upbeat, with tunes in the Christmas tradition. Like many horror soundtracks of the era, synthesisers dominate, with melodies similar to John Carpenter’s legendary HALLOWEEN, only in a happier and more deranged fashion. Wild and swirling synths acts as a window into the mind of Harry and what seems to be a nervous breakdown, and a menacing mix of foreboding notes and seasonal bells, all leading up to the ending that’s frankly crackers. This holiday season, give your loved ones CHRISTMAS EVIL.

SIDE 1

Sequence 1

Sequence 2

Sequence 3

Sequence 4

Sequence 5

Sequence 6

SIDE 2

Sequence 7

Sequence 8

Sequence 9

Sequence 10

Sequence 11

Sequence 12

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by DON CHRISTENSON JOEL HARRIS AND JULIA HEYWOOD

Recorded in NYC 1980. Music is (c) Red Suit Productions.

FREE 45 MINUTES DEATH WALTZ MIX CD WITH EVERY PURCHASE.

CD COMES IN A PRINTED SLIPCASE MIXED BY DJ BOBA FATT AND FEATURES SOME OF OUR FORTHCOMING TITLES FOR 2015

Discuss!
By philball1974
Great thread with all that information.
By strictlywayward
Check out the other release threads and see how detailed their starters are. It will blow your mind.
By philball1974
Sorry I'm bored of you already. Carry on with your riveting discussion.
By strictlywayward
I hate to lose you as an audience. If it would recapture your attention, I am prepared to throw a few ridiculous fits and pretend I'm leaving the site.
By philball1974
hahahahaha oh my you are really funny. I bet youre the laugh a minute down the pub with your mates!!

That was sarcasm I know you have no friends and you're probably 15.
By Whip Wilson
This is a Christmas thread, God damn it! Now settle down, you two. That's quite enough. The first posts in these threads could be more detailed, but it certainly doesn't break from tradition for them to be relatively spare. Bickering like this will not resolve the issue. And think of the children!
By thedeepness
I think Mateo is one of my favorites on this board. Your humor is top notch, and a voice of reason. A couple of your posts yesterday had me cracking up.

As far as this release, I have never seen the movie or heard the score, but,
In Death Waltz I Trust. I also am not a huge fan of Christmas music and my wife loves it so now I have a "Christmas record" I can play. I am sure she will love it as much as I love jingle bells.
By tonyandrewgiles
If we can keep things on topic that would be great.

Thanks guys.
By strictlywayward
The movie is amazing, but I believe anything John Waters says. I don't remember the score, but I, too, trust in Death Waltz, and have been itching to build up my holiday-ish music collection.
By horseloverphat
Hopefully some of you will be getting 'new personalities' as a present for Christmas...apparently, mine is in the post and it's coming gift wrapped.
;-)
By tonyandrewgiles
I'm actually quite looking forward to hearing this.

Grabbed it as a blind buy but like @strictly says you can't go far wrong with a John Waters recommendation.
By zuko
Blimey, more like spin the whitest saucers of milk in here
By antimax
Love the movie, it's great. But I don't recall what the score sounds like. I wish death waltz was streaming it as they are with SNDN! Anyone got some samples laying around the internet? Maybe I'll search YouTube now...

And yeah... It's easy to start a bitch-battle, and easy to end it, too.
By pyrexia
This all escalated quickly.
By Voodoo_Jim
Silly question:

The DW site listed it as "pink sparkle" and LITA listed it as "Satin Pearl White" vinyl, yet both list it as strictly limited to 400. Is it 400 each color or 400 total? Just curious.
By Whip Wilson
Not silly at all. I read it as 400 of each. As in 400 deluxe pink sparkly bits for DWRC and 400 satin pearl white for the rest of the globe, some of which are at LITA. Same for SN,DN (different colors/quantities of course). Happy to be corrected, but that was my take.
By strictlywayward
We're going to work on getting pertinent bits such as that stuck up top, @voodoo_jim. I second Mateo's assumption of 400 pink, 400 white.
By strictlywayward
What do y'all think of the cover? I definitely like this one more than SN, DN, but you never know for sure until you're holding it. I do like the style that both covers are done in, but the subject matter simply isn't my visual cup of tea.
By Spun out of control
Cover wise... well, it would make a good DW company Christmas card, for sure..!

Actually prefer the SN, DN as a standalone work of art... not sure this one would have as much visual impact if viewed against other titles on a record store wall, but opinion may well change 'in the flesh'. A small web image probably does neither justice.

I guess it is tricky to put a twisted spin on it, but still retain the bright, slightly tacky elements that are identifiably 'Christmas'. So fair play.
By chiefbrody
Occasional lurker, first post.

I'm not having much luck with this one. I managed to get it into my basket yesterday, started the checkout process and then the status changed to 'sorry, not enough stock' while I was directed through Paypal and back again.

Then it happened again last night after it came back into stock, this time while I was logging in after having started checkout.

I'm pretty disappointed. I can understand why you wouldn't want people holding products in their baskets for a long period of time while others were trying to get them, but once it's in the basket (or is that twice?), you kind of hope that if you checkout straight away you've scored the record.

Now I'm trying to buy the white version from recordstore.co.uk and there's a fatal error on checkout - for that product only!!! I think perhaps the internet is in cahoots with my other half to stop me buying more records. Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't mean this to be a complainy first post. I don't feel I have any 'right' to have snagged one - in fact I'm almost amused at the series of events. On a positive note, anyone like me with a combined love of vinyl, Christmas and horror movies has been well served by DW this week!
By The_Void
Snagged one from LITA, wish I paid more attention when the pink was available on DW yesterday.