Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By digitalscreams
Received my copy today (thanks for the fast shipping).

This is a much better package. Really like the vinyl effect, booklet, photos and obi strip.

Glad you went back to the original analog tapes on this one. It makes a big difference - the recording has more life and presence.
By henschus
U mean its even better than the first pressing? Was already happy with the first one but now im really thinking about upgrading...
By deafmetal
Stoked to hear this repress.
By digitalscreams
Yes, its quite a lot better than the first pressing. I sold the first pressing because I just couldn't handle the amount of noise reduction used. I felt the synths on the first press sounded flat/dull/lifeless. This re-issue version sounds fuller, warmer, bigger with more fizz in the mids to high frequencies. That's what I'd expect from analog sourced material.

I guess it also depends on what type of equipment your using to listen to this on. I'd be surprised if most people don't notice the difference.

Jago
By sonnydexter
Glad i held out now ... thanks for the heads up digital screams.
By Whip Wilson
Now that is what I'm talking about. An honest to goodness audio review. I, too, am very much looking forward to this new version. My expanded edition CD sounded better than the first DWRC reissue so this is truly great news. Probably my favorite horror score ever.
By VinyLOST
Out of all of my vinyl from DW, my Halloween III & They live re issues came in yesterday, and the HALLOWEEN III re issue is absolutely mind blowing!!
By Hatter313
Bah, i was stupid and ordered it the same time as the Night Terrors, so i won't be getting them in until November...can't wait to hear!
By deafmetal
Hatter313, I did the same thing. Totally missed the fine print on the Night Terrors LP. Halloween II is in my possession though, and will be my go-to vinyl this Halloween.
By strictlywayward
If anyone has a nice pic of their black-with-orange-splatter press, would you mind sharing? Just curious to see how they came out. I'm well into black-with-colored-splatter, but ordered from LitA so got a solid orange. Thanks.

Afterthought: I'll go ahead and check the show-off threads, but there ought to be a pic of each release in its respective thread.
By NMA
@strictlywayward Here's what mine looks like. Hope it helps:

By DISCOSUCKS...
Just picked up the store version of this today from my mates at Milque & Muhle.

What a great surprise awaited me - before I've even had a chance to check the new music/extra cuts : Jay Shaw's notes in the booklet finally reveal his mysterious process for the sleeve art!

Amazing.
By antimax
^^^ Agreed, I was confused about the sleeve art until I read his artist statement. Awesome idea, and interesting execution. But FYI, his notes are in the original pressing too, that's the one I have.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Thanks @antimax - you know what? I couldn't work out how the heck I could have missed that, as I was always really curious about JS's process on this, and would def have remembered reading that! Now I realise that I must have never opened my original DW version of this! Believe me that's not something I do much (keep things sealed that is), but in this case I must have just forgotten to check out the DW version as I have the original Varese edition :O

Shocker.

Gonna go home right now and break the seal!!
By tonyandrewgiles
I just got this & haven't read the notes yet, now I gotta go do it.

Do you guys like the cover?
By static14
Got this today as well. Looking forward to giving it a listen tonight! Although I ordered the plain old orange from LITA :)
By Whip Wilson
[quote=41191]I just got this & haven’t read the notes yet, now I gotta go do it.

Do you guys like the cover?
[/quote]I certainly do, TAG. One of my favorite new artworks from DWRC. Full disclosure: I like Shaw's style quite a bit. I've long been a fan of Cuban, Czech, and Polish film posters and while his work is uniquely his own, it feels like a not to distant relative of those styles to me.
By strictlywayward
It took me a moment to figure out what it is, but I do like the cover. A cool image that ties in nicely with the premise of the film.
By antimax
I was unsure about the relevance of the cover at first, but like I said, once I read his statement about it and realized what it was, I loved it. Totally ties in to the theme of the film in an awesome way.
By tonyandrewgiles
@mateo - It's a weird one for me.

Initially I avoided buying the album when it first came out mainly because I hated the cover & had an original but over time I just realised how dumb not picking it up was.

Now I'd say it's one of my favourite covers.

Would love it on a shirt 'hint hint' @deathwaltz
By ironjaiden
I still dig that cover but if I'm being honest I really wish I could see a super talented illustrator take a stab at that title. Imagine some crazy thing with the runes and stonehenge and Cochran and the robots and insects. There's so much imagery in that film, it'd be fun to see it on display.
That was a really fun one to make though.

The original key art for that movie is so rad. Check out this Australian day bill!

By static14
Don't go making Greedo shoot first. :) Your cover fits the tone and theme of the film perfectly.
By hncreature
Daybills rule! Usually nice pricing on them too...minus the Halloweens