Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By freshoj
Wow! Popping can also be caused by static build up - which a brushing and/or cleaning might also clear up.
By chandler75
My sub copy is also quite noisy, which is too bad, since a lot of the tracks are quiet, so it's very noticeable. Almost like an old, well-played record from the 60s. I did try to clean it before spinning it the first time.
By Gerstyn
Re: OBI strip Spine numbers for different versions

Does the deluxe version (swirl pattern) have the catalogue number DW28DL on the spine? And does the subscriber's edition (with the "spatter" or "spike" pattern) read DW028DL? There seems to be quite a bit of confusion amongst sellers about which version they have, and the spine numbers seem to be the only way to tell the two gate-fold editions apart. I've seen at least one listing where the seller claims it is the deluxe edition but the spine number is DW028DL.

Thanks!
By layneharvey
@gerstyn - i have the deluxe version with the swirls, and my catalog # is DW028DL. i believe the more recent deluxe editions from DW have DW###DL as the catalog #.
By Gerstyn
Thanks Layne! That's helpful.

But now the question is this: is there any way to tell the difference between the subscriber's edition and the deluxe edition on a sealed copy?

The Discogs listing for the subscriber's edition says that the spine reads: "That Woman For You Represents Degradation, Vice", but I'm not clear about whether that's on the gatefold jacket, or the OBI strip, or both. If only on the jacket, then you wouldn't be able to see it on a sealed copy because it would be blocked by the OBI strip.

And does the subscriber's edition have a unique catalogue number?

By Frizzle-Frizzi
Sub and deluxes looks identical from outside.the only way to Know is asking to the seller " are you a subber?"
By Gerstyn
Thanks Frizzle-Frizzi. But these discs can change hands so many times that the seller might have acquired a subber's edition without being a subber him or herself.

So, does this mean that “That Woman For You Represents Degradation, Vice” is not written on the OBI strip of the subber's edition?
By Frizzle-Frizzi
The "only" difference is vinyl color all the rest of package is identical.cover.obi.catalog number.linear note.all.

Subbers Got usually also a numbered lytho .
So you have only two choices
Trust the seller or not
By Gerstyn
Okay, thanks.

One other question: there are also two versions under the catalog number DW28. One is black vinyl, the other is single-colour transparent vinyl (green and blue). The Death Waltz site says the black vinyl version is in a single-pocket sleeve, not gatefold. Can anyone confirm that the green and blue version is also NOT gatefold?

By Gerstyn
I'll answer part of my own question: I now have confirmation from several sellers that the transparent single-colour disc version is in a single-pocket sleeve with the catalogue number DW028 on the spine. So it would seem that there's no way to tell this version from the black vinyl version either, unless you open the seal to confirm the colour of the discs.
By deafmetal
Did the sub version include a lithograph? How about the rest of DW sub4?
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Spencer said at some point
In dw's General discussion that all lythos Will be shipped in a row with the correct Version of the obi of " Beyond the Black Rainbow"
By genfer
Hi All,
I had some bad luck with my SUB4 copy of this which currently M.I.A. in the post. I'm hoping to recover it at some point, but I may be overly optimistic. In the interim I ordered the black vinyl version from the DW store before it shuttered last week and it arrived today. That said, I'd love to find a DL copy with the textured, fold out cover, if my SUB copy is gone forever, sitting on the postman's shelf. I've taken a look on ebay, but any recommendations for an on-line source? I'm living in Switzerland so a European source is preferred, but beggars can't be choosers! Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Apologies if this should have been posted in Vinyl Buddies. Cheers!