Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DrRhythm
Just the sleeve notes - yes, store says I should have a poster. Did anybody get a poster with their deluxe editions?
By toosoonjunior
FYI, I just got a shipping notification from LITA for what I believe is the Lizard record.
By philball1974
@TAG, heres my final thoughts on this one.

After giving it another good headphone listen, I agree there are some great pieces of music on there, but for me it doesn't gel together, there are a lot of bits i would class unlistenable and i felt like i wanted the cd version so i could skip along.

Ultimately this is another fine DW release in terms of presentation and craft but for me I'm afraid I will be filing it next to Slumber Party as DW soundtracks I don't like.

That said that leaves a bit more spare time to enjoy the other 20 odd I have so thats a pretty good Hit and Miss ratio!
By tonyandrewgiles
@phil - fair do's fella, I get what you mean and I'm almost in the same boat as you with other things I coul be listening to.

I need to show some more love to The Perfume of the Woman in Black.
I remember liking it but have hardly given it a whirl.
By DrRhythm
I absolutely love The Perfume Of The Woman In Black - it's had many plays!
By philball1974
Yeah I love it. And it looks so pretty too!!

By tonyandrewgiles
@phil, @dr - That's going on first!
By milliondollars
crazy! Slumber Party is probably in my DW top 3...
By devilwidget
Yep, Slumber party might be my fav! But thats whats great about DW - a wealth of varied stuff most of us haven't come across. For me, its the more obvious JC stuff that bores me - stuff I would have come across anyway.
By The Cult Leader
Absoutly love Slumber Party Massacre!!! Such a creepy disturbing score. One of my most spun DW releases.
By philball1974
Just goes to show you!

My most spun DW release is Room 237. But CotLD is my favourite from Sub4
By layneharvey
i got my shipment notification for LIZARD from LITA this morning as well. they are across the country, so it'll take a few days to get here. patiently waiting...
By Spun out of control
Spinning this one now having just received my 'deluxe' edition (was tricked into thinking it was 3 other single LP records I'd already ordered from DW as the package was so weighty and well, 'deluxe')...

Think someone was asking about a poster? Just the booklet with mine. Perhaps the plan changed, no biggie.

I think that if you have got recent Bruno Nicolai releases from Finders Keepers (Case of the Bloody Iris, Vice, All the Colours of the Dark) then you're going to love this one too. Have never seen the movie but it's making me want to check it out.

The coloured vinyl swirl effects really suit the psychedelic vibe as well...

By DrRhythm
Glad to know I'm not the only one without a poster - I don't actually need one of course!!
By philball1974
Yeah thats a nice colour! like vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce.
By toosoonjunior
Speaking of posters, something I've been wondering...do any of you actually do anything with the large fold-up posters that are included? Aside from pulling it out and looking at it when I first get the record, the poster goes back in the sleeve and stays there for eternity. Just by the nature of it being folded up kind of defeats the purpose for me. I much prefer when 12x12 prints are included as there are no fold creases necessary, they are cheap/easy to frame, and don't take up much wall space.

Just my $0.02. :)
By Spun out of control
@DrRhythm

Don't think any of my deluxe editions so far have had a poster - though would love a reproduction of an original poster with these forthcoming giallo releases as the originals look so gaudy and great. :)

I did however get a free bong and a tab of LSD sent with my copy of 'Lizard...'

Didn't you?
By DrRhythm
Damn - no - I'll have a word with Spencer obviously :)
By philball1974
@Toosoonjunior, I love the prints as well, and i loved the smaller posters DW used to do like the LTROI as I can hang them.

I have a very large Japanese Amelie poster which has been on my wall since forever, so one day I will probably change that and it will be great to look through all the posters in those records!
By tonyandrewgiles
This is now on its Lord knows how many plays...

It's an almost daily listen since it arrived & the bloody thing is a long listen.
By bitewerks
I'm thinking that I need to pull out the dvd for a re-watch soon. I haven't seen it since it was released & I remember nothing other than the infamous dog scene that got Fulci into legal issues.

Some of the music is interesting but I'm not sure it's interesting enough that I'd listen to it very often.
By deafmetal
The slight forum polarization that is showing for this score is interesting. I am looking forward to my first listening session. I am guessing only subbers received the DW blotter acid though...

If additional artwork is going to be included in a vinyl release, I prefer 12" art prints or collages rather than the large folded posters. Unless you are trying to recreate your teenage bedroom, I think the majority of us do not like visible creases when framing or hanging art. I would rather purchase a poster-sized print separately and have it shipped in a tube.
By antimax
^^^ Actually, plenty of the framed movie posters on my walls have visible creases, because they are from the 70s or before and most movies posters were shipped folded during that time, unfortunately. Just thrown' that in there… :)
By Spun out of control
@antimax - Yes, totally, if they are actually old original posters from the 70s (rather than reproductions), then the imperfections are endearing rather than annoying.

With vinyl it's a different story, of course, and even if it's 30 years old we're obsessed with how 'mint' it still is.