Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Peek-a-boo
My parcel arrived too. The vinyl colours look good, there's more of a pattern than on the picture that was posted. Maybe that's the difference with the sub version? Litho is nice too. I'll give it a play shortly!
By 10T5
@Alekspectre@Hatter313 +1, same here! No download link in the email, neither in the Death Waltz account page...
By Peek-a-boo
This is the kind of release I was hoping for when I got my subscription. So far I've loved 3 of the releases, been indifferent about 1 & there was one I just didn't like at all, but I think you've got to expect that...

Im not all that up on Ennio Morricone apart from the obvious. The music on this release is really on point, some of it is a little bit too scary for me & sends a shiver down my spine, but it's a really nice mix of styles. The bass is really nice.

The pressing seems pretty good to me but I'll have to reserve full judgement til I listen on my other set up...
By Peek-a-boo

Tut tut on the obi spelling mistake tho....
By layneharvey
@peekaboo - ha! two of them even! remastred and completley. i love you, DW!
By Peek-a-boo
@layneharvey true!
By AndreasEldritch
There's eight typos on the obi! Record sounds good though
By Peek-a-boo
Let's not be mean to Lexdyscics
By blue15
Q: What do you get when you cross a dyslexic, an agnostic, and an insomniac?
A: Someone who stays up all night pondering if there's a dog...
By Whip Wilson
[quote=38352]The bass is really nice. The pressing seems pretty good to me but I’ll have to reserve full judgement til I listen on my other set up…
[/quote]

Looking forward to hearing it, Peek. I can't wait for mine to arrive stateside.
By Alekspectre
Thanks to Mr S for the link :)
By philball1974
So given this a good listen, and it is very long, and whilst maybe i stand alone when i say this, but what a boring record. I would go so far as to say I hate this score. i really cannot pick anything good out of it.
By Alekspectre
@10T5 send an email to Spencer and there will no more trouble ;)
By AndreasEldritch
First 10 minutes is great. Rest of sides 1 & 2 are not pleasant listening. Haven't tried the second disc yet.
By Occhionero
Shouldn´t come the DL Code with "order complete - download your files" E-mail?
By jim1079
I received the same email, telling me that my order was complete and I should download the files. Only trouble is, there was no link or download code?
By devilwidget
Loving everything about this record! Great pressing, great sleeve, and great music! Reminds me of a sort of Gruppo di Improvvisazione di Nuova Consonanza - what I imagine they'd play if they were enlisted to perform at a wedding. I haven't been taken by this sub over all (GZ - beautiful package, boring record, BTBR - beautiful record, lazy package, HOTD - quite good record, ugly package, COTLD - good record, beautiful package), but if the next one is as good as this one, it might still redeem itself!
By flapdoodle
II agree, this is a great record, and reminded me a lot of the 'The Group' as well (I have a few of their records.)
By Dollarhyde
Absolutely love it! reminds me a little of braen's underground in places.

The remastering is spot on. The bass is deep and punchy and not blurring over the rest of the orchestration, if that makes sense.

One of DW best packages so far I would say.
By DrRhythm
My deluxe arrived this morning - won't be opening it until I get home but blimey, it is one heavy record!!
By layneharvey
anyone that ordered from LITA get a shipping notification yet? or is this just the subscriber editions that are getting shipped out?
By DrRhythm
Mine was directly from DW - not sub.