Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ghostfires
@maxvelvet - thanks! That wasn't there earlier this morning when it was first announced, as I had checked it. I'm glad it was updated though!

I tried to give it a chance...I listened all the way through. I just cannot get into the work of Liles. I've definitely tried over and over with various releases, but I just cannot get into music or even non-music that dissolves into total noise like side A ends up doing. Side B sounds just like the closing whispers of side B for the Legalize Drugs & Murder 7" from Electric Wizard.

I definitely have to pass on this one, but the record looks cool!
By tonyandrewgiles
Normally I'd just order from DW but from Normans this works out to £8.89 inc shipping which shouldn't make sense because it's a DW product.
By Spun out of control
In other walks of life it's also often cheaper from distributors than direct from the 'manufacturer', so the distributors are not having to compete with the supplier on price...

That said, and don't quote me, but presumably DW might be supplying digital files again for those who ordered direct as 'bonus'? Just a thought.
By tonyandrewgiles
@spun - You might be on to something there but I rip most of the releases I get these days so don't mind saving nearly £7.

That said has anyone who ordered TCM had their digital files yet?
By zuko
Ahhh, soundclips now up. I'm with you on this one @ghostfires, not sure when I'm ever going to listen to a bunch of bloodcurdling screaming :D
By manuorru
Why I cannot find it on Norman website???
By DISCOSUCKS...
^^ Gotta agree with you on this, @ghostfires -- not for me either. Coupled with the fact that the film was the dullest, most ponderous 2hours I've sat through in aeons and it's an easy pass for me too. I do like the Broadcast score though :)
By manuorru
Thanks @Spun, found through Norman's newsletter, but not through website search engine!
By goodnightcigarettes
I think if you're a fan of the film, both real and fake, this is a pretty awesome release. To be played in the dark. Alone.
By Hoodini
Dope release ; strangly i've just saw the movie last week, a bomb, i've even ordered the Berberian Library thanksd to OWS :)
Hold one for me Mr Spencer ;)
By maxvelvet
I really don't understand why I've paid more on DW webstore... I'm not the kind of person who easily complains but wow... :(
By MODAREC
I thought the DW webstore version may have been an exclusive colourway but Piccadilly and Norman also have it listed as blue/yellow swirl.
By deathwaltz
Unless Normans are trying to loose money I have no idea why it is that price ... It's a 9.99 SRP
By flapdoodle
I ordered this, as I loved the film - one of my favourite films of recent years. The fact it was 'slow' didn't bother me as there was a lot going on, just not all of it in your face.

By philball1974
Its 9.99 from Norman now, although I bought from DW. I guess the benefit of buying at Norman is they do free delivery over £50 and ship next day.
By dahousen
Wow, even the shipping is less with Norman and Picadilly... I ordered from DW because I thought it was a diferent variant... damn

-edit- both moved to 9.99
By dahousen
Spencer could you tell how many been pressed? Piccadilly says "One off pressing of 300 on yellow and blue swirl vinyl." ¿?¿?¿?
By Lino Banfi
I'll wait to hear the whole release before passing full judgment, but the clip certainly doesn't sound like 1977 at all. The vibe they are setting for this release is pretending this is the score to a classic Italian horror film from 1977, I'm not sold on this release yet. Broadcast's main theme was pretty good though.
By soundtracks of fear
Really enjoyed clip one until the screaming! who wants to hear that on a record really,I think it's fine in a film though. It was so loud an unexpected and my wife and little girl in the next room, didn't go down so well - but kinda funny.
Each to their own.
I like my soundtracks to be an enjoyable listening experience. Not what a 'typical' horror film score which the people who don't listen to this ilk of music expect it too sound like. If you get what I'm saying.
So yeah (liked it) but no (Screaming) please
By philball1974
@Dagar its the same as the offical BSS score that Broadcast did, listening away and then some god awful screaming!
By soundtracks of fear
@phillball1974 Love that Broadcast album! AaaaahhhhhhHHHHH! ;)